Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

Tarbuck now, alleged incident(s) dates back to 70's. I really don't get how this can come up circa 40 years after the alleged event. What sort of process do the police use to verify the allegations ?

Are normal people being arrested aswell or just celebrities ??

I don't understand how they can make any of this stick, unless there are witnesses. Does this mean that anybody will get lifted if somebody makes an allegation against them? Wasting police time or not, plenty of people have ended up in a cell for a day or two because someone has completely made something up, this would be ten times worse.

Based on the nature of the allegations and the media coverage it's ruining people's lives. Even if they are cleared of the allegations, the mud will stick forever

Based on the nature of the allegations and the media coverage it's ruining people's lives. Even if they are cleared of the allegations, the mud will stick forever

God forbid that a famous person's life should be ruined. Those victims should keep their mouths shut and think about the poor perpetrators.

Have to say, I'm loving this article:

It's time to face up to the problem of sexual abuse in the white community

Though it's not really about that...

And on the same theme, the towering intellectual powerhouse who is the leader of the EDL, having previously told the world at length about how paedophilia is essentially a Muslim phenomenon, explains how it is that the current crop of arrests involve white people:

BJmsBTxCIAAv7LTjpglarge_zps696940f3.jpg

Tarbuck now, alleged incident(s) dates back to 70's. I really don't get how this can come up circa 40 years after the alleged event. What sort of process do the police use to verify the allegations ?

Are normal people being arrested aswell or just celebrities ??

I find the last sentence of your post ironic there CI. 

I would respectfully suggest that if these people are doing these things they are anything but "normal",  so in essence normal would not explain anyone who has done these crimes,  if they have done them

I do understand the point you are trying to make though

Have to say, I'm loving this article:

It's time to face up to the problem of sexual abuse in the white community

Though it's not really about that...

And on the same theme, the towering intellectual powerhouse who is the leader of the EDL, having previously told the world at length about how paedophilia is essentially a Muslim phenomenon, explains how it is that the current crop of arrests involve white people:

BJmsBTxCIAAv7LTjpglarge_zps696940f3.jpg

side-eye-what-you-talking-about-willis1.

didn't Matthew Kelly get arrested a few years ago ...put through the ringer with the press only to be found innocent ..tv career more or less finished after it 

Something like this would suggest that the problem lies in the sensationalist press, rather than the justice system.

In court, it is supposed to be innocence till proven guilty. The press - particularly the dipshit tabloids - often do the exact opposite, flame suspects publicly before due process.

There's a reason why the doctrine of "presumption of innocence" is written in law, but unfortunately the mainstream press (as well as many people) do not always practise it.

I was wondering previously how they could make old allegations stick.

Then Stuart Hall confessed all and I decided to just let the case roll out and see what transpires.

Without some publicity, some victims would never have the strength to come forward. So it really is a fantastically difficult thing to get right whichever way naming or not is handled. 

It is interesting why the celebs keep getting named and arrested or in the case of Saville demonised because he's deceased (nowt wrong with that) but no one ever mentions Jimmy McAlpine who it seems was almost as prolific as Saville and is also dead

• Like 1

Occam's razor, nobody had any idea who Jimmy McAlpine was. Even when the other McAlpine was implicated, the story struggled for popular reaction (even before he got litigious), whereas Savile is a well known face whose story tied into other controversies with the Beeb.

You could argue that that also ties into the continuing 70s celeb names cropping up. The police are looking at the peers of Savile and finding and being given information relating to them. Whereas the politicians haven't got the reek of it on them yet.

Â