Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

'Ken Barlow's' been charged with 2 counts of raping a 15 year old girl now..

If found guilty surely he will spend the rest of his life behind bars?

Edited by Rainer

This is reminding me of the salem witch trials,

you were alive back then ;)

Yes I was one of the witches hung. The thing is what was acceptable behaviour in 60s and 70s isn't acceptable now. What Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter and the rest of the pedos did was sick and wrong but Ken Barlow has been arrested for something he alledgedly did 50 years ago. It is basically a witch hunt.

'Ken Barlow's' been charged with 2 counts of raping a 15 year old girl now..

If found guilty surely he will spend the rest of his life behind bars?

Yes which won't be that long

Let's say it again.

The hunt for paedophiles is focussing on the celebs and media people, the ones who screwed slightly underage boys and girls on the basis of their infatuation with "celebrity".   It's not leading to arrests of the wealthy and powerful who were implicated in Haut la Garenne, Kincora, North Wales, Elm Guest House, Brighton...including murdering the abused kids who tried to tell their stories...

Isn't that odd?

• Like 1

This is starting to smell wrong to me. A witch hunt with a hidden agenda . Not defending anyone but it is starting to feel wrong

Yes I agree, anybody can accuse anybody and then their lives are wrecked. Don't think its right abusing underage girls but nearly 50 years after the event......

This is starting to smell wrong to me. A witch hunt with a hidden agenda . Not defending anyone but it is starting to feel wrong

Yes I agree, anybody can accuse anybody and then their lives are wrecked. Don't think its right abusing underage girls but nearly 50 years after the event......

50-60 years doesn't matter ....done the crime off to jail lad 

Edited by Meath_Villan

He must have known this was coming - he did a TV interview (possibly in Australia) some months ago, talking about the post-Savile witch hunt, and how he thought that accused should have anonymity, as it could ruin their careers. 

I'm curious to see what evidence they have in some of these cases.

I obviously don't know whether they did it or not, and anybody that did should be hunted down and dealt with. But how do you get enough evidence years after the event? Other than witnesses or a confession I can't see how a claim of abuse 10 / 30 / 50 years ago can possibly stick?

I'm curious to see what evidence they have in some of these cases.

I obviously don't know whether they did it or not, and anybody that did should be hunted down and dealt with. But how do you get enough evidence years after the event? Other than witnesses or a confession I can't see how a claim of abuse 10 / 30 / 50 years ago can possibly stick?

Yes that's what I was thinking, cant be just her word against his.. They cant have a dna match or anything. I am just thinking there must be another witness...

He must have known this was coming - he did a TV interview (possibly in Australia) some months ago, talking about the post-Savile witch hunt, and how he thought that accused should have anonymity, as it could ruin their careers.

His other comments (abuse victims are paying for their failures in previous lives) also appear, should he be found guilty, to be rubbing the victims nose in it.

Hey stranger!

Yeah they were like Hoddles comments years ago but somehow more... sinister. Hoddle was just an idiot, Roache was defending the indefensible.

• Like 1

50-60 years doesn't matter ....done the crime off to jail lad 

As a starting point, yes.  I'm sure we'd all like to see nazi war criminals brought to justice even after so many years.  (Hey, I'd like to see more recent war criminals brought to justice, but we don't talk about that.  Bush, Blair, Obama, Netenyahu.  Sorry!)

But not all crimes.  Shoplifting, 50 years on?  No.

So with sex crimes, where's the dividing line, how does distance of time affect it?  We have no agreed metric, no calibration.

But when I see an 81 year old prosecuted for shagging a 15 year old 50 years ago, while infinitely worse people like Pinochet and Mubarak played on their age and supposed infirmity to protect them from charges of murdering quite a lot of people, I think something's wrong.  When scum like Blair and Mandelson and their accomplices can cream a living from their complicity in mass murder, but some daft old bugger can get done for sexual exploitation a half century ago when it was in keeping with the oppressive and sexist mood of the times to **** groupies, well that's got the "moral compass" a bit wrong, in my view.

Did every celeb in the 60/70s just **** anything with a pulse as long as they looked over 12?

the past is a foreign country and all that

not suggesting anything untoward, but it was just a different world

Cleo Rocos was 15 (fifteen) when she started work on the kenny everett show, I don't imagine a similar appointment being made these days

Â