Modern Warfare 3

juanpabloangel18

Wiggy's 'I just bought a new game, time to ask so many questions in the VT thread'. Issue 29.

1. With a Call of Duty ELITE premium membership you get 20 new multiplayer maps, Special Ops missions and more first on your Xbox/PS3. It's paid in a single sum and helps rather than buying each DLC as it comes out.

2. See 1.

3. 1 DLC pack has already been released but only to Elite members. It'll be available to everyone else around March.

4. See 3.

5. Not sure if question as fail to see question mark but are you referring to quickscoping 'still' being an issue as it was in BLOPS? If so, you suck at quickscoping.

Hope I helpd.xx

Where would i be without you!

xxx :)

I was doing ok, my K/D was around 1.0 ish...until i stumbled into a headquarters pro match against a clan on Dome last night. Let's just say it didnt end too well! :(

Finished top of our team with something like 30 kills and around 60 deaths!!!

I am enjoying it though! I went down the BF3 route this time and allthough i enjoyed it, there is just something about MW that gets me hooked. The way the classes are set up is much more user friendly and i do enjoy the smaller maps, makes the whole game more intense! With BF3, it could take you a minute or 2 to get to where the action was, and then you might not see anyone for ages!

I enjoy getting the emblems and callsigns also. Really enjoying the kill confirmed mode.

I think i was in denial trying to love BF3, as much as i enjoyed it, its just not fast paced enough for me! I like a bit of chaos!

I knew you would see sense in the end Rich! :winkold:

I played quite alot of this over the weekend. Didnt really have the time before as i was obsessed with Dark Souls but now im finished with that i can see me playing this alot more. The new maps are brilliant, especially the newest one Overwatch. Im like you too Rich, love playing kill confirmed. Really brings a new dimension to the game.

I played Blackops a few days ago and it's a much better game. Better maps, better colors, the guns feel so much nicer and I missed gun game. MW3 is so dull and got boring so quickly. I am switching back to Blackops. A lot of people still play online.

i also dont get the way they've done the DLC other than maximising the £££ for themselves, as a result ive lost interest in it

Its just a way for them to give players the chance to get the DLC upfront for a cutprice fee. Thats all. If you are willing to wait then you pay the normal 1200 MSP's for a map pack.

The Elite thing is worth it IMO. Lots of interesting stuff to watch on there (if you like COD of course) and the cutprice DLC is a nice bonus. I think it has been well implemented tbh. Although i know alot of Battlefield fanboys who would say otherwise :winkold:

i also dont get the way they've done the DLC other than maximising the £££ for themselves, as a result ive lost interest in it

Its just a way for them to give players the chance to get the DLC upfront for a cutprice fee. Thats all. If you are willing to wait then you pay the normal 1200 MSP's for a map pack.

The Elite thing is worth it IMO. Lots of interesting stuff to watch on there (if you like COD of course) and the cutprice DLC is a nice bonus. I think it has been well implemented tbh. Although i know alot of Battlefield fanboys who would say otherwise :winkold:

Oh i wonder who you could be talking about??? :)

I enjoyed BF3 and i did get "into it", but im sorry, MW(3) is still the king-ding-a-ling for me as far as first person shooters go.

its less maps though isnt it? i thought the map pack was down to 2 maps for the same price, and like i said i dont see why those who arent on elite have to wait an extra 2 months for the maps, as a result its got boring IMO

Not touched this in at least 3 months, didn't think I'd be saying that. It's not that I don't like it really, I just don't care about playing it. And now the more I leave it the less I want to try play it again because it'll mean a few hours of being shite.

Not touched this in at least 3 months, didn't think I'd be saying that. It's not that I don't like it really, I just don't care about playing it. And now the more I leave it the less I want to try play it again because it'll mean a few hours of being shite.

I know what you mean mate, I haven't played since xmas and the last time I did that I was rusty as feck for about 3 hours! Can't bring myself to play it again.

I know what you mean mate, I haven't played since xmas and the last time I did that I was rusty as Eck for about 3 hours! Can't bring myself to play it again.

Likewise . I have played only a couple of hours since christmas. It was fun for a while when we had a rag tag VT clan for a but no one is ever on there anymore.

I still play it quite regularly. I'm involved a pretty decent elite clan and it's good to play when there's a team full of us. The amount of camping that people do is ridiculous though and it seems to get worse by the day. If I didn't have a laugh on there with my mates then I reckon that I'd hardly play it. Most of the maps are shit and the new ones that have been released are not exactly great either!

• 5 weeks later...

Had a mess with it today. Think one of the big flaws - which every game aside from Black Ops pretty much has - is unlocking the Assassin perk at rank 27. With all the UAVs up and the minature sized maps, it takes the piss.

Only thing worth wasting time on this game I think is Infected. Can be alright fun if there's a few of you.

gQmail.jpg

Biggest problem with this game in my opinion. The maps arent very good and the reason why is because IW seemed to be so focussed on removing the ability to camp that it is virtually impossible not to get shot in the back, which is one of the most frustrating ways to die in an FPS. Getting killed when it is completely not your fault is bad game design and it happens a lot in MW3. Good FPS maps are based around three or four "lanes" horizontally and vertically. MW3 maps seem to spiral all over the **** place.

If the game wasnt played by so many complete words removed, the dev's wouldnt have to worry about it.

I've ditched MW3, gone back to MW2, but it's just as bad, probably my favourite COD at its peak, and i was hoping all the clearings in the woods would have left, but its still heaving with quickscopers and campers.

gQmail.jpg

Biggest problem with this game in my opinion. The maps arent very good and the reason why is because IW seemed to be so focussed on removing the ability to camp that it is virtually impossible not to get shot in the back, which is one of the most frustrating ways to die in an FPS. Getting killed when it is completely not your fault is bad game design and it happens a lot in MW3. Good FPS maps are based around three or four "lanes" horizontally and vertically. MW3 maps seem to spiral all over the **** place.

Yeah I'll agree with this. It's a mess once the game gets going, you can't particularly judge where they're coming from half the time, and the spawns have the tendency to **** you over far too often. Oh and you still die too quickly.

The problem with Black Ops is that it tends to lend its self hugely to campers. I don't think it's going to be possible for there to be a COD game that I don't start to hate at this point. It's a community thing.

Except CoD4, I still play that happily.

Â