Modern Warfare 3

juanpabloangel18

Loving the PP-90M1 with Rapid Fire at the moment, on the smallest compact maps such as Dome, Arkaden, Seatown it is a killfest, the only downside is you do fly through the ammo.

If I do use that class then I have to put scavenger on.

Ah I will have to try it with Scavenger on, I have always ran it with Sleight of Hand as im usually in the middle of it, so need that quick reloading

You can tell that quite a few people got this game for christmas as there has been a shit load of 'noobs' on this game for the past few days. The amount of camping is getting worse too! I'm currently on rank 55 of prestige 3 and I'm starting to get bored of playing it now. I can't wait for the new maps to come out.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the map packs, first one at the end of the month. The maps already in the game are good enough but ive played them to death so needs freshening up a bit. It'll also be interesting to see what else they add in terms of game modes, spec ops, new guns, camos etc.

I saw a few pics of the new maps on IGN the other day. They have only confirmed two so far. They look alright. In terms of prestige, how far have people managed to get so far? I'm currently on rank 48 of prestige 5. I've got a decent K/D ratio on the go too. A couple of my mates are already on prestige 10. They obviously need to get out more!

So are there many people who didnt like this game at first but have been turned?

I just cant get into it, it just feels like.... you're completely restricted in what you can do. Think i got the battlefield bug. I've tried this many times but... think the COD series is just dead to me now untill next gen.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the multiplayer at first. I was disappointed with the maps, still am really but it can be funny to play when your mates are online and you all have headsets, especially when one or two of them start doing shit.

I just cant get into it, it just feels like.... you're completely restricted in what you can do

I think its the opposite...theres actually too much you can do, at least in terms of killstreaks. The way theyve done it this time round is a little confusing at first but once you get your head round it and the different possibilities they open up in terms of playstyle then it certainly has alot more depth than past COD's. Id say its the best COD theyve done yet and all the DLC thats coming is only gonna make it better IMO (although if you havent subscribed to Elite then i can see why you might not think so)

In terms of prestige, how far have people managed to get so far? I'm currently on rank 48 of prestige 5. I've got a decent K/D ratio on the go too. A couple of my mates are already on prestige 10. They obviously need to get out more!

Im prestige 3 level 30 something. Would be alot higher if it werent for Skyrim. My KD ratio is up to 1.70

So are there many people who didnt like this game at first but have been turned?

I just cant get into it, it just feels like.... you're completely restricted in what you can do. Think i got the battlefield bug. I've tried this many times but... think the COD series is just dead to me now untill next gen.

Although this is a good game, sometimes it's just too in your face, you can't turn a corner without being shot at, so Battlefield makes for a nice change of pace.

Battlefield 3 has taken COD's place as my go to game now.

BF3 should be alot better than it is currently is, but as I've said, they've catered for the COD players with shitty maps like Metro, Tehran Highway and Seine Crossing (Seines ok, but it could be alot better) to try and get some of CODs fans ($$$).

BF3 is still miles more playable than MW3, but to be honest, any of the CODs before MW3 are better than MW3, it's a complete travesty.

Why they included ridiculous things that help poor players, I.e. 2nd Chance, assassin, Heartbeat Sensors, guns that kill you in less than 1 second, one hit kill quick scoping snipers and other things that pretty much only really poor players need is totally beyond me.

BF3 should be alot better than it is currently is, but as I've said, they've catered for the COD players with shitty maps like Metro, Tehran Highway and Seine Crossing (Seines ok, but it could be alot better) to try and get some of CODs fans ($$$).

Well, if thats what they tried to do then it certainly didnt work. Still plenty more people playing COD than BF3. And theres a reason for that - BF3 is, like you say, a bit shit.

I just cant get into it, it just feels like.... you're completely restricted in what you can do

I think its the opposite...theres actually too much you can do, at least in terms of killstreaks. The way theyve done it this time round is a little confusing at first but once you get your head round it and the different possibilities they open up in terms of playstyle then it certainly has alot more depth than past COD's. Id say its the best COD theyve done yet and all the DLC thats coming is only gonna make it better IMO (although if you havent subscribed to Elite then i can see why you might not think so)

Yeah but what I mean is, without trying to turn this into a COD v BF debate (but BF is the only other FPS i play so it's what i compare too) .... on BF, i can plant C4s all over jeeps, my mates can drive and i can sit in the passenger seat, as soon as a tank pops up we edge closer to it with pace, we both jump out and as soon as the jeep hits the tank, blow up the C4 and BOOM everyone is gone. That shit is hilarious when it works. You get nothing like that on COD (well from what i've played)... it's literally turn, shoot, die over and over and over again. That's what i mean by restricted, there's so much bollocks you can get upto in BF which is hilarious when doing with mates, there's just none of that in COD - it's just all about moving up ranks and being Rambo, teamplay is absolutely irrelevant. Which was great in COD4, but just a little tiresom now.

As i've said, iv'e tried to get into the game, but me and mates just don't find it fun at all since we've been playing BF... it really is just so dull and "samey"....been done to death now.

That's just my opinion anyway, i have tried, but failed.

• 1 month later...

Made the mistake of putting it in since befote Christmas. Had a good game, 27-4, but my God what a pile of toss this is. Far too easy run around steady aim and dominate. The fire rate on the guns essentially makes it hard ore mode all the time. Boring.

Picked this up over the weekend.

Couple of things, whats this Elite thing all about? Downloaded the free version but havnt really got a clue what it is!? Also, has any map packs been released? I looked through the DLC and couldnt see anything?

Wiggy's 'I just bought a new game, time to ask so many questions in the VT thread'. Issue 29.

1. With a Call of Duty ELITE premium membership you get 20 new multiplayer maps, Special Ops missions and more first on your Xbox/PS3. It's paid in a single sum and helps rather than buying each DLC as it comes out.

2. See 1.

3. 1 DLC pack has already been released but only to Elite members. It'll be available to everyone else around March.

4. See 3.

5. Not sure if question as fail to see question mark but are you referring to quickscoping 'still' being an issue as it was in BLOPS? If so, you suck at quickscoping.

Hope I helpd.xx

Â