Xbox One

hogso

I remember a discussion when I said MS would want to make you download everything. Hmmm.

I owe Acorns £100 and will sort it out in the next week.

Fair play.

Indeed. And based on the prices I'm hearing for downloads, they appear to be actively encouraging people not to (in fairness this is true of all the consoles).

Must admit that Forza looks to be a horrible DLC vector rather than a game to me - it seems like rather a lot of content has been nickel and dimed. Shame. I don't mind DLC but it very easily becomes a cynical accountant exercise IMO.

People are overreacting to Forza in my opinion, I've loved every one in the series but this is a new system. Every car in the game is now an extremely detailed model (31GB install) and although they have took cars out, there still is a substantial amount there initially.

I watched a video of some guys playing it yesterday and they went through every car, safe to say theres easily enough to play with.

All I'd say is don't compare it to Forza 4, which was the final in the series on the 360, compare it to Forza 1.

Edited by samjp26

Just read a 3/10 review for Ryse, it's pretty much exactly as expected. Repetitive samey combat against the same enemies for the whole game, with on screen instructions telling you what to do all the time. But it does look and sound marvellous.

That wasn't the worst of it though, LocoCycle got a 2/10. Here is the summary;

In Short: It’s almost impressive that the bottom of the barrel has been established this early on in the Xbox One’s career, but that’s the only achievement of note for this wretchedly awful racer.

Pros: Pablo the mechanic speaks only Spanish. So if you remember not to look at the subtitles you at least don’t have to endure his terrible dialogue.

Cons: Everything. Including, but not limited to, the overlong and excruciatingly unfunny cut scenes, the terrible graphics, the awful handling, and the appallingly shallow combat.

:lol:

In fairness, I hadn't even heard of that before, so clearly the console's launch lineup doesn't have all it's hopes pinned on that...unlike Ryse it seems?

Edited by hogso

All I'd say is don't compare it to Forza 4, which was the final in the series on the 360, compare it to Forza 1.

Why? 

Assume he means because it was the first for xbox 360? If it was i wouldnt even know i dislike racing games.

Yeah spot on, I do understand people being pissed because there are less cars than Forza 4, but on a completely new system things like this are to be expected.

Of course there will be DLC and I'm sure in Forza 6 and so on the base amount of cars will be improved vastly, but at over 30GB it's a hefty amount of content and the gameplay is meant to be really good.

Looking forward to see how the vibrating triggers help.

Why? 

Assume he means because it was the first for xbox 360? If it was i wouldnt even know i dislike racing games.

Yeah spot on, I do understand people being pissed because there are less cars than Forza 4, but on a completely new system things like this are to be expected.

Of course there will be DLC and I'm sure in Forza 6 and so on the base amount of cars will be improved vastly, but at over 30GB it's a hefty amount of content and the gameplay is meant to be really good.

Looking forward to see how the vibrating triggers help.

I don't buy what you're saying at all. The file sizes aren't bigger because devs are all of a sudden working 4 times harder than last gen, it's because more powerful games on more powerful consoles are always going to be bigger. There were games last gen that were around 40GB in size.

They are quite obviously holding cars back, to make more money off people. It's disgusting IMO. Whatever is on the disc or available at release date should always be included when you buy it. I can accept DLC being made after the game, like GTA for example, but they are obviously just trying to whore money out of you. 

1384976898-jetons.png

It appears they can't even do maths correctly when trying to rip you off, unless they are banking on people buying the largest one without realise it isn't 'value for money'

I'm sure I read that Gran Turismo 6 is doing the same kind of thing too. I just won't buy them.

Microtransactions are here to stay.  The problem "big" games will have is that it's a lot more difficult to persuade people to pony up for them after they have already spent £45 on the game.  Maybe attitudes will change over time but for now I think games which rely on microtransactions have to be free to install or massively discounted. Personally I'm not against them unless they are a pay to win button.  Once games start putting the most powerful gun or the fastest car behind a microtransaction and letting people who buy it beat the people who didn't then it breaks the game and I'd rather not play at that point. 

I still cant agree with the Forza thing.  They are not starting from scratch (the first Forza was on the original Xbox by the way, not the 360) so giving them a free pass on that one because they absolutely had to be a launch title isn't really something I as an end user am prepared to do. 

Yea, it's stupid thinking really.

A game should be bigger, better and more impressive than it's predecessor.  I'm aware of DLC extras etc, but this is the NEXT GEN CONSOLES(!!!!!) they should be wowing everyone into buying them.

You shouldn't be loyal to any company that f*cks everyone over and you shouldn't be loyal to any game publisher who f*cks it's customers over and making excuses for people.

A below par game, is a below par game, regardless of circumstances.  

If everyone was more harsh on these companies, we'd have a better quality of hardware/software and everyone would love it.

Â