The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Well The Guardian and many other national papers have rightly wrote many articles about what a crap joke McLeish is previoulsy .

am interested in this Guardian article which calls him a crap joke. Google cant find it

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we'd all love for McLeish to have a road to damascus conversion and stop being crap.

But he has been crap with us -utter crap with his stupid decisions in games , his awful win % and his stats for this year are diabolical mirror image of his miserable failed Birmingham side last season.

Maybe he is on that road now for all we know. Football is a funny game, teams / tactics / players can just click for no apparent reason and the bad times are soon forgotten. Supporting the Villa has always been like this and I suspect always will be so I have reconciled that with myself.

We could all make ourselves a lot happier supporting other teams that win but we don't. We have no real influence on what happens down there unless 25 k have the exact same POV, history proves this I think.

Don't forget the game is English, it's out game and after all that we know about football the FA can't even pick the right manager after 40 + years, yes we have been desperately unlucky to get MOn, GH and AMC in a row but what can we do ?

Well you don't give yourself a starting chance as a club when you appoint a manager based on 'Premiership experience' when that experience consists of doing shite and relegation.

We're a mirror image of Birmingham stat wise so far.

To be in bottom half of league at this stage with this squad (despite its faults) is unacceptable.

McLeish was and is a terrible appointment and almost certainly a detrimental one - both short term and longterm.

What a manager has done beforehand is no measure of what he will do. Capello for example was as far as I know one of the most qualified people on the planet to be England manager, I genuinely could have done a better job myself at the World Cup.

Well we'd all love for McLeish to have a road to damascus conversion and stop being crap.

But he has been crap with us -utter crap with his stupid decisions in games , his awful win % and his stats for this year are diabolical mirror image of his miserable failed Birmingham side last season.

Maybe he is on that road now for all we know. Football is a funny game, teams / tactics / players can just click for no apparent reason and the bad times are soon forgotten. Supporting the Villa has always been like this and I suspect always will be so I have reconciled that with myself.

We could all make ourselves a lot happier supporting other teams that win but we don't. We have no real influence on what happens down there unless 25 k have the exact same POV, history proves this I think.

Don't forget the game is English, it's out game and after all that we know about football the FA can't even pick the right manager after 40 + years, yes we have been desperately unlucky to get MOn, GH and AMC in a row but what can we do ?

Well you don't give yourself a starting chance as a club when you appoint a manager based on 'Premiership experience' when that experience consists of doing shite and relegation.

We're a mirror image of Birmingham stat wise so far.

To be in bottom half of league at this stage with this squad (despite its faults) is unacceptable.

McLeish was and is a terrible appointment and almost certainly a detrimental one - both short term and longterm.

What a manager has done beforehand is no measure of what he will do.

:?

Erm just take a look at McLeishs miserable results and stats THIS season with US.

6 wins in 24 games :oops:

3 home wins all season :oops:

Utter shit sub decisions :oops:

some of the worse Villa games EVER seen (Spurs , Man U , Liverpool) :oops:

Loss at home to Bolton B team in Carling cup :oops:

13th in Prem dunces bottom half of league :oops:

Signing Hutton and Jenas :oops:

McLeish = :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fact is McLeish would be on the dole if it weren't for our stupid board.

And that's a fact is it ?

No of course not.

Of course Birmingham were not about sack him. No not at all!

And of course even if they did he would have easily found work back in the Premiership .

There would have been a rush by Premier league clubs to appoint him

and would have ended up at either Man City or Man United who desperately crave McLeish's unrivaled pedigree in 'Premiership experience'

I can't believe I still read blues belong in the championship to defend the man who put them there. I can't believe i keep reading he had good pedigree or that we should give him time.

How is getting relegated more times than surviving in the premier league good pedigree?

Blues didn't belong in the championship, they finished 9th, spent a decent amount of money and Mcleish took them down. In fact blues gave him both time and money and the more the team became mcleish's the worse they got.

I think it's a ridiculous attitude to just say give him time and back him as if that's all any manager needs to be successful. Good job spurs didn't give Ramos more time and would another season under GT mark II have seen us improve?

Accepting Mcleish is IMO accepting your club to be a nothing midtable team. Which if most people do must truly delight that idiot who hired him.

To be fair Blues were in a similar position to us most of last season and won a league cup. They had a horrible (good for us) injury crisis after the Carling Cup final and struggled for wins. Joe Hart was the reason the they finished 9th the season before, he was the best keeper in the league that year, saved them point after point after point. They'd have finished much lower without that loan. At the end of the day, he managed Blues for their most successful 1 year period ever, the 9th place finish and cup.

I don't usually defend McLiesh, but isn't his record better than most Villa managers in their first season so far, including MON? This has been a transitional season, we've be trying out youngsters more than ever and persisting with players like Ireland, waiting for them to come good. This after losing a lot of players in summer, key players too.

If he clears the old guard in the summer and we spend (the signs are we will), I'd be a bit more optimistic about the future. McLiesh is not the biggest problem at the football club. No one wanted him here at the start, but he is here, and he wants to do well for Villa. Get this season out the way, finish as high as we can, then build for next season in the summer.

Fact is McLeish would be on the dole if it weren't for our stupid board.

And that's a fact is it ?

No of course not.

Of course Birmingham were not about sack him. No not at all!

And of course even if they did he would have easily found work back in the Premiership .

There would have been a rush by Premier league clubs to appoint him

and would have ended up at either Man City or Man United who desperately crave McLeish's unrivaled pedigree in 'Premiership experience'

It is not a FACT that McLeish would have been out of work. The rest of what you have typed is not worth comment due to the FACt that your 'facts' are anything but.

If he clears the old guard in the summer and we spend (the signs are we will), I'd be a bit more optimistic about the future. McLiesh is not the biggest problem at the football club. No one wanted him here at the start, but he is here, and he wants to do well for Villa. Get this season out the way, finish as high as we can, then build for next season in the summer.

Genuine question, what signs have you seen that suggests we will spend in the summer?

Everything to me suggests McCleish will get only that which he can raise from player sales... if he is lucky!

Unless he went back to Scotland or went to another championship side you can bet he would indeed be out of work if our stupid board hadn't appointed him.

But that's not what you said. You said "Fact is McLeish would be on the dole if it weren't for our stupid board".

Now you've changed your mind and said he'd be working in Scotland or the Championship. Which one is it to be ?

The only FACT is that our owner decided he was the man he wanted, and he appointed him and agreed compensation with the Blues. anything else is conjecture.

Genuine question, what signs have you seen that suggests we will spend in the summer?

Everything to me suggests McCleish will get only that which he can raise from player sales... if he is lucky!

Well McLiesh has said we'd spend in the summer last week, been in the Birmingham Mail.

Also AVFC's official twitter feed posted this yesterday;

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC

Randy has been in regular contact with Alex at BMH, chatting about the aims for the rest of the season and plans for the summer. #AVFC

Aston Villa FC

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC

Good to see chairman Randy Lerner at the training ground earlier. He's been a regular at Bodymoor for the past couple of weeks. #AVFC

Yeah that doesn't mean we are going to spend, but reports seem to suggest that we will spend, especially seeing as Beye is now off the books, a few other high earners contracts up in June, and wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Collins, Dunne, Warnock goes. Its clear, even to McLeish that something is a bit rotten about our defense.

I'd be massively surprised if Eck doesn't have money to spend in the summer.

Who gives a **** if lerner has been at BMH? For all the good it will do i may as well have been there regularly over the past couple of weeks. I would be better if the tweet had said mcleish and grant have not been there for two weeks. tinpot managerial team who cause more trouble than their worth.

Who gives a **** if lerner has been at BMH? For all the good it will do i may as well have been there regularly over the past couple of weeks. I would be better if the tweet had said mcleish and grant have not been there for two weeks. tinpot managerial team who cause more trouble than their worth.

(That also win trophies at tin pot clubs)

Unless he went back to Scotland or went to another championship side you can bet he would indeed be out of work if our stupid board hadn't appointed him.

Ummm... If he was going to be out of work, then we would have never payed Blues 3 million for him, could have just waited for him to get the sack, which is what you are eluding to in this comment and get him for free.

(That also win trophies at tin pot clubs)

That must mean if he can win trophies at tin pot clubs we should at least be in one cup run here. Oh wait, we're out of both cup runs. He couldn't even defeat Bolton's B team at home. Next excuse please.

But hang on a second...There's still a chance we could be going down the league seeing as McLeish turns to shit (more than usual) at the final third of the season in the league. Even 09/10 (his best season) he was **** rubbish around this period of time.

We could see ourselves at 14th/15th at Sunday (lol, damage limiation aganst Man City for McLeish) and all it's gonna take is a couple of banana slips in our next games and we'll be screwed. Once McLeish is in a relegation battle, he can't get out of it.

McLeish's cup record with us so far is **** pathetic. We're doing poorly in the league and our home form is dire so you'd at least think we'd be doing well in one of the cups.

Nope. Out of the League Cup in the 3rd round and out of the FA Cup in the 4th. What a shit overrated manager.

Â