The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Lol @ Villa fans still defending with a horrible league record. Not so sure if I can class them as Villa fans anymore. No Villa fan would find this acceptable, he should have lost everyone the way he lined us up against Spurs. Go support a League 1 club or something because that's about your ambition right now. Too much relegation loving in this thread for my liking.
So, a REAL Villa fan only supports them when they are doing well?

Whereas somebody who supports the Villa during the bad times is a disgrace?

I must have been doing something wrong going to VP, getting behind (the admittedly not very good) team when we were in the THIRD tier, back in the early 70s.

I'm not a fan of AMC, but we've had worse managers, believe me.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing on here Pro Mcliesh Villa fans telling others to 'support the team',, 'get off his back', or just say stupid things about the people who don't rate Mcleish.

Seriously you only have to read the last few pages to read where "stupid things about" others have come from, posters labelled muppets (I think that was yours), stupid and laughable.

Oh and I apologise in advanced for those offended by capital letters or large text but

THERE ARE NO PRO MCLEISH POSTERS ON HERE FOR **** SAKE

:lol:

It's brilliant isn't it? A handful of people still don't understand that there's not just a straight choice between wanting to castrate McLeish and thinking he's the best thing since Ron Saunders.

I challenge people of the former opinion to find somebody who thinks McLeish is doing an absolute wonderful job, because seemingly this is who they are getting annoyed at.

I'll wait quietly.

I was wanting a better explanation of the people I was onabout than pro-Mcleish. I totally understand that there are grey areas / middle ground to be had in this debate, and I understand that nonsense has been spouted from both sides.

Lol @ Villa fans still defending with a horrible league record. Not so sure if I can class them as Villa fans anymore. No Villa fan would find this acceptable, he should have lost everyone the way he lined us up against Spurs. Go support a League 1 club or something because that's about your ambition right now. Too much relegation loving in this thread for my liking.
So, a REAL Villa fan only supports them when they are doing well?

Whereas somebody who supports the Villa during the bad times is a disgrace?

I must have been doing something wrong going to VP, getting behind (the admittedly not very good) team when we were in the THIRD tier, back in the early 70s.

I'm not a fan of AMC, but we've had worse managers, believe me.

It's not just the results, it's his horrible tactics and subs.

You know, MON went through a terrible patch as well during his first season but I backed him because I knew he would get us out of it and he actually did. I have no faith in McLeish's ability. Once he's in a relegation battle. That's it. You can kiss goodbye to the Premier League. No sane Villa fan should back him. It's like rooting for relegation. We're only 8 points away from relegation zone. That's more closer than European spots (lol Paul Faulkner). Fans should fear his potenial of taking us down this season, but some are rooting for him. Very anti Villa. SHA supporters backed him and they were punished. Twice.

Not sure why you're offended by this. Sad really oh well.

When did I say I was offended? So not sad really. Ahhhh good.

why mention it then? Anyways how quick of the draw were you, I edited this pretty much striaght away as i realised it was pointless.

Not sure why you're offended by this. Sad really oh well.

When did I say I was offended? So not sad really. Ahhhh good.

why mention it then? Anyways how quick of the draw were you, I edited this pretty much striaght away as i realised it was pointless.

So we should only discuss things that are offensive? Not something that we disagree with. Quick enough :D

Fact is McLeish would be on the dole if it weren't for our stupid board.

CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V

Are you related to our stupid board by chance?

You seem very defensive for this shit manager.

*sigh*

No, I was referring to the fact you keep posting exactly the same sentences. I've heard dance music less repetitive. Never mind, carry on.

CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+V

*sigh*

No, I was referring to the fact you keep posting exactly the same sentences. I've heard dance music less repetitive. Never mind, carry on.

All ive heard you utter is whimsical shite about nothing.

Youve not even made a half hearted attempt at trying to argue any position on McLeish.

All you do is try to sneer (rather crapply i might add) at those who rightly call out McLeish for what he is -IE- a shit manager - who is not good enough for a Premier league side.

*sigh*

All ive heard you utter is whimsical shite about nothing.

Youve not even made a half hearted attempt at trying to argue any position on McLeish.

All you do is try to sneer (rather crapply i might add) at those who rightly call out McLeish for what he is -IE- a shit manager - who is not good enough for a Premier league side.

Yes I have, I just havent felt the need to repost it every hour

Well we'd all love for McLeish to have a road to damascus conversion and stop being crap.

But he has been crap with us -utter crap with his stupid decisions in games , his awful win % and his stats for this year are diabolical mirror image of his miserable failed Birmingham side last season.

Maybe he is on that road now for all we know. Football is a funny game, teams / tactics / players can just click for no apparent reason and the bad times are soon forgotten. Supporting the Villa has always been like this and I suspect always will be so I have reconciled that with myself.

We could all make ourselves a lot happier supporting other teams that win but we don't. We have no real influence on what happens down there unless 25 k have the exact same POV, history proves this I think.

Don't forget the game is English, it's our game and after all that we know about football the FA can't even pick the right manager after 40 + years, yes we have been desperately unlucky to get MOn, GH and AMC in a row but what can we do ?

Well we'd all love for McLeish to have a road to damascus conversion and stop being crap.

But he has been crap with us -utter crap with his stupid decisions in games , his awful win % and his stats for this year are diabolical mirror image of his miserable failed Birmingham side last season.

Maybe he is on that road now for all we know. Football is a funny game, teams / tactics / players can just click for no apparent reason and the bad times are soon forgotten. Supporting the Villa has always been like this and I suspect always will be so I have reconciled that with myself.

We could all make ourselves a lot happier supporting other teams that win but we don't. We have no real influence on what happens down there unless 25 k have the exact same POV, history proves this I think.

Don't forget the game is English, it's out game and after all that we know about football the FA can't even pick the right manager after 40 + years, yes we have been desperately unlucky to get MOn, GH and AMC in a row but what can we do ?

Well you don't give yourself a starting chance as a club when you appoint a manager based on 'Premiership experience' when that experience consists of doing shite and relegation.

We're a mirror image of Birmingham stat wise so far.

To be in bottom half of league at this stage with this squad (despite its faults) is unacceptable.

McLeish was and is a terrible appointment and almost certainly a detrimental one - both short term and longterm.

I can't believe I still read blues belong in the championship to defend the man who put them there. I can't believe i keep reading he had good pedigree or that we should give him time.

How is getting relegated more times than surviving in the premier league good pedigree?

Blues didn't belong in the championship, they finished 9th, spent a decent amount of money and Mcleish took them down. In fact blues gave him both time and money and the more the team became mcleish's the worse they got.

I think it's a ridiculous attitude to just say give him time and back him as if that's all any manager needs to be successful. Good job spurs didn't give Ramos more time and would another season under GT mark II have seen us improve?

Accepting Mcleish is IMO accepting your club to be a nothing midtable team. Which if most people do must truly delight that idiot who hired him.

Â