The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

My expectations are not that high, a few of my expectations are, I expect to win more than 10 games a season and 7 or more games at home. I expect to try and win EVERY home game, and I expect to average more than 1 goal a game. No matter how bad we've been he's failed miserably on all these counts and 1 win in the last 15 is awful by anyone's standard.

The more bollocks he speaks the more I expect him to be gone. Even the Villa board must know there are no excuses for the second half of the season. Everybody knows 15 points in 18 games is relegation form, and that's my expectations next season if he stays.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This also shows how little confidence we have in our chairman If 38% of fans think McLeish will be here next season. There would be no question under Ellis. Although Doug would have probably sacked him by now...well he wouldn't have given him the job in the first place.

This is my favourite quote from him doing the rounds this weekend....

"We have missed Darren Bent for 19 games now. I would have expected four or five goals in those games at least which would have made things more comfortable for us."

Just about sums up your level of ambition really doesn't it... an extra 4 or 5 goals in 19 games? You don't deserve to be managing the villa.

This also shows how little confidence we have in our chairman If 38% of fans think McLeish will be here next season. There would be no question under Ellis. Although Doug would have probably sacked him by now...well he wouldn't have given him the job in the first place.
I'm just as mad at Lerner as everybody else, but what's with the Doug love-in? He came out recently and said McLeish is a good manager who should not be sacked and that the fans are just upset because of where he came from.

Now we are safe for this season a concerted effort should be made at Norwich tomorrow to leave no doubt that the fans want this clown out! I will be doing my bit with the all time classic tunes, " He's scotish and red, if he stays we'll all be dead, Alex Mcleish,Alex Mcleish...". What about, " He's ginger and white, His tactics are **** shite, Alex Mcleish, Alex Mcleish...! or the all time favourite "Mcleish out M'Lord, Mcleish out".

The clearing in the woods needs to go and take faulkner with him.

I'm just as mad at Lerner as everybody else, but what's with the Doug love-in? He came out recently and said McLeish is a good manager who should not be sacked and that the fans are just upset because of where he came from.

What doug says now and what he would have done as owner are two different things.

What doug says now and what he would have done as owner are two different things.

Was about to post the same thing.

How do you know? Yeah, I wouldn't expect him to come out and say he's shit and should go but at the same time I doubt he'd support him so strongly if he didn't really believe it.

Rumour has it, Paul Faulkners 'position' may be on the line too"?

No chance.

Faulkner was brought in when there was little financial control, which seemingly precipitated the demise of the M-essiah.

He had little to do with the hiring of Houllier, but by the time the club were looking again, seemed to be working with the owner on the appointment of McLeish.

It appears that he will also have close involvement in the managerial decisions that may, or may not, be taken in the coming days.

In the end Faulkner has been nothing to us as supporters. He has probably done a reasonable job for what he was hired to do-we wouldn't know either way. If, however, he is gaining influence on football strategy, then I hope that he realises that we need a better overall management structure of the football side of the business.

But one thing that is sure, Faulkner is here to stay.

McLeish believes the negative reaction towards him does not prevail through all sections of the club's fanbase.

He said: "I don't believe that it's a giant contingent of fans. I believe it's a silent majority out there.

He said: "We have underachieved for Aston Villa in terms of past history and in terms of the name Aston Villa.

"People expect us higher up the table. This is not the Aston Villa team of 1982 (when they won the European Cup) and people have to realise that.

http://tinyurl.com/caywo6h

The bloke is **** deluded.

:crylaugh:

What an Idiot!

Mickey Quinn on talkSPORT...

"I really can't see Alex McLeish at Aston Villa next season. Nobody deserves that kind of abuse from the fans just because you come from the club over the road."

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Stupid **** scouse prick. If McLeish was appointed manager of Liverpool over the summer he'd go ballistic and start churning out all the shit stats McLeish has attained this season.

Mickey Quinn is just an ugly useless fat bastard who likes to grow shit moustaches.

:lol:

It's not a Doug "love-in" I know Dougs faults as much as the next person, but I think take Lerners money away from him, his the worst owner in the premier league.

Â