The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''Randy Lerner to fly in for crunch talks with Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish''

''Tell you what im hearing over past 2 days

P. Faulkner in states with Randy back tomoz nt together

Mcleish defo defo gone next week

Lambert boards no 1 target

asked permission to speak to Lambert

Camolli was at villa park earlier in the week

Faulkner will be moved to new position within the club

Camolli will be new dof at Villa if plan comes off

big funds available to new manager if get him from Randy.

Now plse dont shoot the messenger only stating what i know from people defo itk.''

/

Got the missus to speak to Michael Foulger at Norwich City again and he's saying they've had no contact from Villa, nor does he expect any.

Not saying he would fess up if we had contacted him, but that's the word from the Norwich board at this time.

''Randy Lerner to fly in for crunch talks with Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish''

''Tell you what im hearing over past 2 days

P. Faulkner in states with Randy back tomoz nt together

Mcleish defo defo gone next week

Lambert boards no 1 target

asked permission to speak to Lambert

Camolli was at villa park earlier in the week

Faulkner will be moved to new position within the club

Camolli will be new dof at Villa if plan comes off

big funds available to new manager if get him from Randy.

Now plse dont shoot the messenger only stating what i know from people defo itk.''

/

Only posted what I read by following links on this

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Aston+Villa

Got the missus to speak to Michael Foulger at Norwich City again and he's saying they've had no contact from Villa, nor does he expect any.

Not saying he would fess up if we had contacted him, but that's the word from the Norwich board at this time.

McLeish believes the negative reaction towards him does not prevail through all sections of the club's fanbase.

He said: "I don't believe that it's a giant contingent of fans. I believe it's a silent majority out there.

He said: "We have underachieved for Aston Villa in terms of past history and in terms of the name Aston Villa.

"People expect us higher up the table. This is not the Aston Villa team of 1982 (when they won the European Cup) and people have to realise that.

http://tinyurl.com/caywo6h

The reaction of the fans at his next club is going to be priceless. They will go through all of his stats and they will not be happy.

I honestly wouldn't wish McLeish on any other club, even ones I really hate.

I would be very happy if he never darkens the world with his dour, horrible football ever again.

Rumour has it, Paul Faulkners 'position' may be on the line too"?

I don't see that happening.

Only I reason I could see for that is if there was a disagreement on the fate of Mcleish. But Faulkner strikes me as such a yes man that any disagreements are unlikely

There have been rumours of Lerner looking to have more of a 'footballing' perspective on his board.. but the rumour doing the round has been more of a footballing advisor to be added to the board. Faulkner isn't too bad on the financial side of things, he just has a business brain, not a footballing one. I can't see his position being under threat unless it was him that advised Lerner to appoint McLeish and Lerner is waiting til the end of the season to get rid of McLeish and the person who told him it was a good idea..

McLeish believes the negative reaction towards him does not prevail through all sections of the club's fanbase.

He said: "I don't believe that it's a giant contingent of fans. I believe it's a silent majority out there.

He said: "We have underachieved for Aston Villa in terms of past history and in terms of the name Aston Villa.

"People expect us higher up the table. This is not the Aston Villa team of 1982 (when they won the European Cup) and people have to realise that.

The bloke is **** deluded.

Just wow. We don't expect to win the Champions League you asswipe, but we expect to finish a bit higher than 16th place in a relatively poor PL season. Does he even realize that he is likely to finish the season with the same (or less) points than he finished with Birmingham last season? That is unacceptable to every Villa fan, including the so-called silent majority.

This kind of thing makes my blood boil.

We don't expect to be challenging for European Cups you moron. We expect to have a competitive team that actually tries to win football matches. And anyone who honestly thinks that Aston Villa's current squad isn't good enough to be "higher up the table" is an idiot. As is anyone who suggests that any of the teams below us have a stronger squad than we do.

Ergo, Alex McLeish is an idiot. Either that or he's a liar.

Please f*** off from our club you insufferable excuse for a manager.

His recent comments about the players, expectations and fans all point to him leaving - he's making outlandish remarks that have irked the fans, which I wouldn't envisage him doing if he were expecting to stick around for next season.

Hopefully by midweek next week, we'll be looking for a new manager!

Why do you think he has spent the best part of two weeks making excuses?

It is because he knows he is gone and wants another job where he can then claim (or something like: So you weren't given a chance at Villa. McLeish "That isn't for me to say, I am here to concentrate on Stoke/Wigan/etc) he is making sure he gets his excuses in now.

If McLeish manages to pull out a 0-0 win against Norwich tomorrow, this will almost being a mirror of his last season with Blues. 39 points and 37 goals scored...setting a record for the most draws in a season in the process. The only difference is that he managed to win an extra game with them and had a few less draws.

Â