The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Like alot of fans I was prepared to give AM a chance, but gradually his dire, negative football turned me against him. However, I fear that he will still be hear at the start of next season for the following reasons:

1. Randy and PF like him. When you talk to Alex it is pure football.

2. Randy and PF will be taken in by his excuses, injuries, selling players, bad luck, blah, blah,blah. Nobody works harder than Alex.

3. They will not have a clue who to replace him with.

4. They haven't got the balls to sack him.

5. It will be expensive to sack him.

6. They want continuity.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, not buying all this crap about Martinez or lambert

Totally unproven, well other than Martinez who proves each year to be utterly inept for 95% of the season

Funny how Martinez is so bad yet he's probably gonna end up finishing above us despite less money to spend and a poorer squad.

Really really want him to leave! He has completely failed to instill any belief into the players firstly and the club as a whole has taken axwhole new persona under his leadership.

They say if you stand still in the premier league you go backwards.We are seeing what happens to a club actively making designs to take it backwards on and off the pitch.Unless this backwards moment is stopped relegation is inevitable!

Nah, not buying all this crap about Martinez or lambert

Totally unproven, well other than Martinez who proves each year to be utterly inept for 95% of the season

To keep Wigan up on crowds of 16,000 and having to sell your best players is one hell of an achievement.

He can also get the best out of players. How can Maloney and N'Zogbia look like world beaters playing for them and garbage playing for us.

I think Martinez could do wonders for players like Bannan and Albrighton. He is calm under pressure and prepared to change tactics to win games. Since they changed their system to 3 at the back their form has been fantastic.

Whenever a manager is appointed there is an element of risk. I remember that most fans didn't want Ron Saunders and look what he did for the club. I think Martinez has the potential to really take the club forward.

Martinez and Lambert are overrated crap managers. Under normal circumstances I wouldnt want them any where near our club.

However they are both better than McLeish so I would take them.

Lambert is a pupil of Hitzfeld. Whoever gets him if /when he decides to leave Norwich will be getting a manager with bags of potential.

But my point is, if we are going to change (& despite the further disruption this brings, I'm pro change), then let's appoint somebody much much better than McLeish

Not somebody who might or might not be better next season

Like alot of fans I was prepared to give AM a chance, but gradually his dire, negative football turned me against him. However, I fear that he will still be hear at the start of next season for the following reasons:

1. Randy and PF like him. When you talk to Alex it is pure football.

2. Randy and PF will be taken in by his excuses, injuries, selling players, bad luck, blah, blah,blah. Nobody works harder than Alex.

3. They will not have a clue who to replace him with.

4. They haven't got the balls to sack him.

5. It will be expensive to sack him.

6. They want continuity.

1. Whether PF likes him or not is probably irrelevant.

2. The 'excuses' described are obvious, so no taking in there. They are probably best placed to judge whether he works hard or not.

3. That is probably correct, certainly if they look at message boards for inspiration!

4. Whatever the circumstances of the Messiah's departure, there was certainly the balls then to sort it, so no reason to think this.

5. Probably between 500k and 2m? Irrelevant in the scale of things.

6. That is probably the biggest deciding factor, if indeed he stays.

Finally I find it hard to imagine a worse appointment than AML.

Mick McArthy, Neil Warnock & Neil Lennon spring to mind. Although most likely we would end up with a low mid table plodder like Bruce or Big Sam.

Dont mind me I am just going to go away and cry a bit now at just how low our ambition has become.

edit: Oh and I hate to say it, but at the end of the season his playing for small defeats kept our goal difference down which ended up being important.

i dont understand how you can say neil warnock and neil lennon are worse managers then AM. warnock has always seemd to me as doing quite good with the awful teams he has managed and neil lennon has a 75 % win rate and been voted spls manager of the season

If i were Mr Lerner, McLeish would get another season, purely on the basis that anything else that I would do would most likely be wrong as well.

Does this mean that Lerner is so shit he will clearly **** it up again or Lerner has developed some spoilt, childish attitude towards the fans?

But my point is, if we are going to change (& despite the further disruption this brings, I'm pro change), then let's appoint somebody much much better than McLeish

Not somebody who might or might not be better next season

No offence mate but that is a bit of a daft thing to say. How could anyone be worse? Even if a Lambert or Martinez came in and struggled from the off, I can guarantee they would be better received because the football would be entertaining at least. Also, our team would go out trying to win and that makes a world of difference!

There is no point change for Lambert or Martinez

Talk about out of the frying pan & into the fire

Martinez and Lambert are overrated crap managers. Under normal circumstances I wouldnt want them any where near our club.

I can only disagree with you ciggiesnbeer, I really don't see how anyone could describe Lambert or Martinez as "overrated crap managers". Not with a straight face anyway.

And anyone claiming that we wouldn't be better off with the aforementioned managers (as CI is) must be taking the piss. I refuse to believe that anyone could genuinely believe that.

Lambert is a pupil of Hitzfeld. Whoever gets him if /when he decides to leave Norwich will be getting a manager with bags of potential.

Mcleish is a pupil of Ferguson (he must have been sat in the corner with a dunce's cap on :winkold: )

christ , it appears the ginger pale faced pock marked sweaty sock of a ginger gibbon is still here?

please do one thing right, **** off

you are about as popular as garry glitter at a save the children function

you have put this club in a coma in less than 12 months, through sufficating the club of any ambition, any positivity, any decent football . anything to be proud of and thing to look forwards to

hang your ginger ugly head in shame and slope of like the sloth you are you nasty horrid little man

Â