The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you ask your striker whos been out injured if he can be on the bench for the last 2 games if you know hes not striking a ball yet?

As Bent hardly ever gets the ball I would have thought that being able to 'strike it' was very low down on McLeish's list of priorities.

He should be gone before the 30th anniversary of the clubs greatest day. So that gives RL 12 days to pull his finger out after the Norwich game. He should only need 12 hours, in fact 12 seonds to make the decision.

If that abuse to the trades descriptions act of 'Football Manager' is still in place on the 26th May 2012 it will be a black mark on our proud history. Could you imagine the club celebrating the date, and 'him' making some proud statement about what a great day it was for the club. Sends shivers down my spine.

Is the Spuds match being televised?

If it is and there is a demonstration then it will be like pissing in the wind. You'll get rid of the problem but it will come back on you.

McLeish will get the sympathy vote from the media and fellow managers while the fans will be made to look foolish.

He's already gone after the next two games so let the chairman do his job and let him pull the trigger.

Why do you reckon that!? The media finally clocked on after the Bolton match and there has been a flurry of articles about how McLeish isn't up to the job.

The only people in the media giving him the sympathy vote are nobbers like Gray and Collymore.

It's final nail in the coffin time on Sunday.

I'm concerned that the image of the club will be tarnished.

I don't think we've ever hounded a manager out and i don't think we should start now.

Yes the media are taking note of our situation but i'm still hearing it being excused by injuries and lack of finance in some quarters.

I want to see our club being in the media for the right reasons and not for abusing anyone.

Lerner would need to be on the highest tier of stupidity not to release that he has appointed a mistake and at the end of the season i am hopeful he will rectify that mistake himself without further interference from us.

Why the Fook is AM asking Bent to be on the bench when he knows he's not kicking the ball yet? That could be a silly question .... he only needs to head the ball really!

Alex McLeish insists Villa won't rush Darren Bent back before the end of the season - but the record signing is making good progress.

McLeish revealed he explored the possibility of calling on Bent for Villa's Barclays Premier League survival push.

But, although the 28-year-old striker is progressing well with his recovery from ankle surgery, it was decided not to risk him for the games against Tottenham or Norwich.

"I said 'are you ready to go on the bench at the weekend or something," said the Villa boss.

"He said: 'No, not quite, but I'm making good progress, so boss it might be too soon'.

"I don't believe there is a chance of him playing again for Villa this season.

"The doc thinks he's got a chance for the Euros though, so if he's talking he's talking about four or five weeks.

"He's running and he's working individually with the physios.

"I'm not sure if he's at the level of striking a ball yet, but he can't be far away from that now.

"The physios will still be working on him to get him back to his peak fitness again.

"We have to make sure he gets back good and proper."

i didn't read it that way to be honest. i don't think he was going to put him on the bench if he couldn't kick a ball.

the thing i didn't like about that is how vaguely he seemed aware of bent's progress. if your best striker was out you'd be well on top of every second of progress he was making towards being fully fit. no "not sure" about it!

Agreed - this is ridiculous:- "I'm not sure if he's at the level of striking a ball yet, but he can't be far away from that now."

How can the FOOTBALL manager at a top professional FOOTBALL club be so vague about the ability or otherwise of his injured star striker to KICK a FOOTBALL? Granted that little that McBl#enose says or does any more is going to meet with the approval of myself or other Villa fans, but is this not a measure of the fact that he is, amongst many other things, inept and a bit thick?

Is the Spuds match being televised?

If it is and there is a demonstration then it will be like pissing in the wind. You'll get rid of the problem but it will come back on you.

McLeish will get the sympathy vote from the media and fellow managers while the fans will be made to look foolish.

He's already gone after the next two games so let the chairman do his job and let him pull the trigger.

Why do you reckon that!? The media finally clocked on after the Bolton match and there has been a flurry of articles about how McLeish isn't up to the job.

The only people in the media giving him the sympathy vote are nobbers like Gray and Collymore.

It's final nail in the coffin time on Sunday.

I'm concerned that the image of the club will be tarnished.

I don't think we've ever hounded a manager out and i don't think we should start now.

Yes the media are taking note of our situation but i'm still hearing it being excused by injuries and lack of finance in some quarters.

I want to see our club being in the media for the right reasons and not for abusing anyone.

Lerner would need to be on the highest tier of stupidity not to release that he has appointed a mistake and at the end of the season i am hopeful he will rectify that mistake himself without further interference from us.

1) The image of the club was tarnished the day McLeish was hired and it has got progressively worse since.

2) Lerner was already on the highest tier of stupidity the day he appointed McLeish so he can't go any higher.

3) The only good thing about 'Hope' is not having to go past the 8th letter of the alphabet when naming a daughter.

Facts and evidence. The only things that will convince me that McLeish will be gone immediately after the Norwich game. Until then the fans need to remind Lerner of the error of his ways.

I would have to suggest the reason McLeish is on 'rocky ground' at the monent is because he's taken us into a relegation battle and is a terrible manager, not because he got booed.

Good effort though.

We've seen the relegation battle being both on the cards and coming to fruition for a while now, but I believe AM, RL and large parts of the media believed that there was only a disenfranchised vocal minority out of the Villa fans.

Hell, Eck was waving and blowing kisses to people at one of the games, the hierachy had no idea that the majority wanted him out. I genuinely believe that had the chants not piped up at the Bolton game they would have tried to wing it and McLeish would definitely be in charge next season. You don't go from waving and blowing kisses to the crowd to hiding in the dugout and ushering the tv cameras away unless you've had a wake up call from the fans and, hopefully now, Randy.

Got to be certain though and the Spurs match is the only opportunity we'll get to make sure he's gone.

Gents, ive steered clear of this thread for a day or so. Can some one give me the quick heads-up on what the **** seems to be going on please?

Before captain obvious jumps in, i know McLeish is shit and he's still here at the moment, but are we hearing rumblings of his departure once the season ends?

Gents, ive steered clear of this thread for a day or so. Can some one give me the quick heads-up on what the **** seems to be going on please?

Before captain obvious jumps in, i know McLeish is shit and he's still here at the moment, but are we hearing rumblings of his departure once the season ends?

Yes. BUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER.

Have to say I dislike Mcleish as much as the next man (as long as the next man is not brummybloke then my feelings for Mcleish are like he is my long lost brother) but anyone using the comments over Bent as a stick to beat him with are going over the top IMO. I personally do not see much wrong with them

Yes we dont like Mcleish, yes we want him out, yes we think he is an idiot but no need to pounce on everything he says to prove that. AFAIAC the case for the prosecution has won now and we just need the judge to pass sentence

Yes. BUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER.

In true VillaTalk style then! :)

Cheers Mike.

Its funny how the same people who said "protests achieve nothing" and have been proved wrong, are now saying that "no further protests are necessary". Wrong again, a few on here have never been right!!!!

The only reason that McLeish is on the rocky ground he currently finds himself is due to the thoughts, actions and protests of a few who actually stepped beyond your apathy to let the board and the owner know exactly what they thought of Alex Bloody McLeish.

Churchills speech springs to mind here "Never have so many, owed so much, to so few". Bloody right!

For the rest of you who advocated the "Do nothing" approach, I suggest you do one as your stance achieved nothing then and to do it now would only suggest a tolerance of McLeish. It aint over till the fat lady sings, keep protesting till its confirmed.

Lol - you're my hero!

AMc will be sacked because of increasingly poor performance throughout the season, culminating in the real threat of relegation (and we're still not safe).

Add to this falling attendences and undoubtably poor ST forecasts plus risks on getting best value from future commercial arrangements (i.e. sponsorship).

Protests or media coverage have nothing to do with it.

Protests won't really serve to do anything other than make us look small time and encourage (unfair) personal abuse which, in the end, reflects badly on the integrity of Villa fans.

If I thought was the only way, I would protest, but I don't believe this, so I won't. How many times do protesting fans reflect well on their clubs??

Have to say I dislike Mcleish as much as the next man (as long as the next man is not brummybloke then my feelings for Mcleish are like he is my long lost brother) but anyone using the comments over Bent as a stick to beat him with are going over the top IMO. I personally do not see much wrong with them

Yes we dont like Mcleish, yes we want him out, yes we think he is an idiot but no need to pounce on everything he says to prove that. AFAIAC the case for the prosecution has won now and we just need the judge to pass sentence

I've never agreed with you more.

I think people were just having a wee joke at the expense of the wee fella!

Has he tried blaming the weather yet

Or perhaps the travelling of the ball is being hindered by the rotation of the earth's axis going against the grain of the Villa park turf

Tune in next week to see McLeish's next excuse

He has to go in the summer. He was forced to stay in the dugout against West Brom for fear of fans having a go at him. Has this happened at other clubs? You can't have a manager who's hiding from his own club's fans, it's a ridiculous situation.

I haven't been to the Hawthorns for several years.

How close to the dugout do the away fans now sit? Must be pretty close if that is the reason.

Away fans are located behind the goal so not that close to dugout. It'll be a disaster if the club persists with McLeish. They must think fans have short memories if they hope McLeish is going to be supported come August.

Randy must be aware that there would be McLeish out protests from the first match of the season until AM is sacked. He simply cannot afford to start next season on that basis. That's why I'm sure AMs' fate has been sealed by the events of recent weeks.

I think that AM's fate has been sealed by the overall performance of the season, and is nothing to do with fan 'protests'

Funny how the press only started to pick up on how dire we were and how badly McLeish was performing AFTER the protest.

As I said, thankfully some had some balls whilst the rest were sheep, too afraid to upset the applecart.

Its funny how the same people who said "protests achieve nothing" and have been proved wrong, are now saying that "no further protests are necessary". Wrong again, a few on here have never been right!!!!

The only reason that McLeish is on the rocky ground he currently finds himself is due to the thoughts, actions and protests of a few who actually stepped beyond your apathy to let the board and the owner know exactly what they thought of Alex Bloody McLeish.

Churchills speech springs to mind here "Never have so many, owed so much, to so few". Bloody right!

For the rest of you who advocated the "Do nothing" approach, I suggest you do one as your stance achieved nothing then and to do it now would only suggest a tolerance of McLeish. It aint over till the fat lady sings, keep protesting till its confirmed.

Lol - you're my hero!

AMc will be sacked because of increasingly poor performance throughout the season, culminating in the real threat of relegation (and we're still not safe).

Add to this falling attendences and undoubtably poor ST forecasts plus risks on getting best value from future commercial arrangements (i.e. sponsorship).

Protests or media coverage have nothing to do with it.

Protests won't really serve to do anything other than make us look small time and encourage (unfair) personal abuse which, in the end, reflects badly on the integrity of Villa fans.

If I thought was the only way, I would protest, but I don't believe this, so I won't. How many times do protesting fans reflect well on their clubs??

Not one bad newspaper report prior to the protests, not any pressure on him to perform, not vote of confidence, just a club meandering towards relegation.

Sometimes things happen perfectly and the result apart, the fans protest in front of Randy and PF against Bolton has instigated this. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest he was going to be sacked prior to this. In fact, some were discussing how he might be kept on to get us out of the championship.

As I said, you can carry on about how it was "written in the stars" or whatever, but I salute those who protested against Bolton and I look forward to the job being finished against Spurs.

I'm with the protesters 100% at the Tottenham game. Don't care what the media think, I want that **** out period. It helped at the Bolton game, its gonna help at the Tottenham game. If Lerner is considering keeping him which I believe the decision is not made yet to sack him, maybe we can make McLeish think hard and long about coming back to the Villa next season and remind him how much maybe 90% of us do not want him there. Sorry guys its gotta happen.

Â