The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

You know what pisses me off most is there are some Villa fans proper reveling in this current situation. Well I suppose the football is so boring it makes things intresting.

How could you reveal in this if you were a villa fan? Really its bloody killing me lol.. But i know My villa will bounce back..

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what pisses me off most is there are some Villa fans proper reveling in this current situation. Well I suppose the football is so boring it makes things intresting.

How could you reveal in this if you were a villa fan? Really its bloody killing me lol.. But i know My villa will bounce back..

I said some, I havent felt as low as last Tuesday and Wednesday for years, but some people on Twitter are simply reveling in the fact that McLeish has failed.

I said some, I havent felt as low as last Tuesday and Wednesday for years, but some people on Twitter are simply reveling in the fact that McLeish has failed.
True. If I had to guess I'd say it's because their position is being proven right i.e. they said he'd fail all along. I don't necessarily think they like Villa being where they are, they're just taking a little too much joy from them being right. Not that many thought he'd be a glowing success anyway.

I am not revelling in anything, the whole farce was so predictable that there is no satisfaction in being right.

Saying that, I lose count of how many arguments I had at the start of the season with those who thought he "deserved a chance" and that "given some time he could be OK". There is no joy in being villafied for seeing what a shit appointment this guy was and the statement it made about our club to the football fraternity. There were a few like me who took abuse at the start of the season for not getting on what was often called the "Happy Clappy" bus.

What has happened was always going to happen, before a ball was kicked I said McLeish was a dead man walking. The fact is, I am surprised it took so long to come to this.

I made it 7 defenders in the starting line up yesterday (if you count Herd as originally a full back).

He wasn't originally a fullback though, he was just crowbarred into that position when we were hopelessly short. He is (and always has been) a midfield player.

I remember seeing him playing sweeper for the reserves, but I'll take the point on Herd. Still 6 defenders.

I am not revelling in anything, the whole farce was so predictable that there is no satisfaction in being right.

Saying that, I lose count of how many arguments I had at the start of the season with those who thought he "deserved a chance" and that "given some time he could be OK". There is no joy in being villafied for seeing what a shit appointment this guy was and the statement it made about our club to the football fraternity. There were a few like me who took abuse at the start of the season for not getting on what was often called the "Happy Clappy" bus.

What has happened was always going to happen, before a ball was kicked I said McLeish was a dead man walking. The fact is, I am surprised it took so long to come to this.

It was annoying I agree. The media were the worst. I remember listening to a talksport phone in the day after he was hired and I wanted to tear my hair out.

They were banging on about how he deserved a chance because of his success in Scotland and how he beat France as Scotland manager.

It was crazy.

Any honest football fan with a scrap of knowledge knew this would never work out. He was doomed the moment he arrived at Bodymoor Heath. The man is/was a failure of a manager.

He will never succeed as a coach. He is to football what Colonel Mustard is to Cluedo.

A right prick.

The 20th highest paid manager

With premier league experience (3 relegation fights )

The right fit for Villa

and imagine what he would do if backed

Appalling decision then , now and at anytime.

True. If I had to guess I'd say it's because their position is being proven right i.e. they said he'd fail all along. I don't necessarily think they like Villa being where they are, they're just taking a little too much joy from them being right. Not that many thought he'd be a glowing success anyway.

I think that 4th from bottom perfectly suits those who told us so.

Revelling in it!?!?

It's bastard killing me, last 6 or so weeks I've not slept as well, been a moody git on and off, not enjoyed a single second of football (perhaps bar seeing that Ramirez chip at halftime against Bolton) and just cannot wait for this season to be over, one way or another but preferably and naturally with us still where we should be.

If anyone's managed to revel in this I'd seriously question their motives for following a football club, it's been hell

Worst season ever - hated every minute of this football year... Can't wait till it frigging ends.

I refuse to let it get to me whilst I'm working, but come the weekend, whether I have a good one or not, depends on our result.

Just heard Sir Alex on the City v Utd build up saying he never plays for a draw. Playing for a draw just doesn't work or make sense.

Wish you'd told Eck that 9 months ago!

And yet he couldn't get further up the arse of a manager who is famed for playing for draws...

Just heard Sir Alex on the City v Utd build up saying he never plays for a draw. Playing for a draw just doesn't work or make sense.

Wish you'd told Eck that 9 months ago!

And yet he couldn't get further up the arse of a manager who is famed for playing for draws...

I dont think he plays for a draw, I just think if we:

A.) go infront and he has absolutely no idea and is so tactically inept that I get the sense of 'where do we go from here' so reverts to holding on and we subsequently draw or lose the game.

B.) go behind and he has absolutely no idea and is so tactically inept that I get the sense of 'how the hell do we pull one back from here' so does nothing and if we get lucky may pull one back or lose further goals.

Are you kidding me? McLeish has played for a draw on numerous occasions this season. It's no coincidence that we've drawn 0-0 seven times.

Maybe not, but I personally dont believe his sole ethos is to simply snatch a draw from every game he plays.

I just think he has no idea how to manage a football team!

I think he does play for a draw if I am honest, he plays with fear of losing, that fear drives him to go for the middle and not for broke.

Feel good at the moment, if a little concerned about relegation, just the thought of him going and the end to his negative football makes me feel positive about watching Villa again. :)

Â