The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Just this:

Let those that come after us know that those that went before them made a difference.

If we can't be bothered to stand up and stop our club from being ripped apart from within, then our children and our children's children will have nothing good to reflect upon.

I know it all sounds a bit poetic but that is how I feel and we cannot wait until the Spurs game because by then it could be too late (relegation or not).

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thoroughly pissed off about the situation at Villa but Im still totally and utterly lost as to what people are supposed to be protesting about.

I still stand by my evaluation that:

Managers underperforming

Players underperforming

The football being shite

Results being shite

Teams being threatened of relegation

And an owner doing exactly what he wants

are all aspects of football.

Its a shite time. Every team will have them and most will have them a lot worse than we currently have.

Sport by its very nature should be two key things. Competitive and entertaining. Aston Villa under McLeish are neither.

Smudge, going at it in the stands is like waving a stick in the Albert Hall. The rest of the ground will tell you to be quiet and you'll look like an isolated madman. Ironic, they'll have a go at you for showing passion and sense yet not at the word removed in the dugout!

Im thoroughly pissed off about the situation at Villa but Im still totally and utterly lost as to what people are supposed to be protesting about.

Managers underperforming

Players underperforming

The football being shite

Results being shite

Its a shite time. Every team will have them and most will have them a lot worse than we currently have.

A few good reasons for them to protest then. The protests are for the removal of Alex McLeish, and people think if they are big and loud enough, they may work. I'm 50/50 on the effectiveness of them, I think the attendance figures and public image of the club will be of more concern to our owner. We'll scare off good future partnerships and sponsorships with crap football and league positions.

The appointment of a manager who relegated our fierce local rivals twice and seemingly is doing the same thing here, has clearly rangled with pretty much all the fans. Especially after a lot of BS he, Faulkner, Randy and co spouted out at the start of the season.

Sport by its very nature should be two key things. Competitive and entertaining. Aston Villa under McLeish are neither.

Smudge, going at it in the stands is like waving a stick in the Albert Hall. The rest of the ground will tell you to be quiet and you'll look like an isolated madman. Ironic, they'll have a go at you for showing passion and sense yet not at the word removed in the dugout!

Well, to say its not competitive is totally wrong.

Are we competing the way we would like to compete? NO

Managers underperforming

Players underperforming

The football being shite

Results being shite

Id like to apologise on behalf of all other Villa fans who have such outlandish expectations of finishing at least in the midtable positions with us trying to play attractive attacking football

Its obviously too much for a club of AVFC's stature to achieve such a mammoth feat and we should all be happy with the way our club is being run at both boardroom level and at managerial level there is obviously no need for protests of any kind and we should all be happy that staying in the division is our aim every season

Proud History Bright Future

Managers underperforming

Players underperforming

The football being shite

Results being shite

Id like to apologise on behalf of all other Villa fans who have such outlandish expectations of finishing at least in the midtable positions with us trying to play attractive attacking football

Its obviously too much for a club of AVFC's stature to achieve such a mammoth feat and we should all be happy with the way our club is being run at both boardroom level and at managerial level there is obviously no need for protests of any kind and we should all be happy that staying in the division is our aim every season

Proud History Bright Future

Yeah, because thats what my posts says.

Finally the Birmingham Mail has woken up and smelt the coffee.

They have commented:

'After 34 games a year ago Blues were 15th, just 4 points off the drop zone. After 34 games now, Villa are 15th, just 5 points off the drop zone. With a relatively inexperienced squad this time around, Villa can only hope their manager has learned from his bitter experience of a year ago'.

Well, in my opinion he hasn't learned anything because if he had we wouldn't be in this position in the first place!

Well I hear what you're saying but I honestly think we've conceded a few games even before the kick off.

Well I hear what you're saying but I honestly think we've conceded a few games even before the kick off.

Yeah I agree actually. I suppose my post takes into account the majority of the season, where whilst its been awful, we've at least competed for a point. (Nothing to write home about like) - and I stand by, that I will never forgive him for his Arsenal comments.

I suppose I was being a bit pedantic - when quoting your previous post. :D

Finally the Birmingham Mail has woken up and smelt the coffee.

They have commented:

'After 34 games a year ago Blues were 15th, just 4 points off the drop zone. After 34 games now, Villa are 15th, just 5 points off the drop zone. With a relatively inexperienced squad this time around, Villa can only hope their manager has learned from his bitter experience of a year ago'.

Well, in my opinion he hasn't learned anything because if he had we wouldn't be in this position in the first place!

Interesting - this means one of two things. They've given up being blindly loyal to McLeish, regardless of consequence. Or (hopefully), the club have said something about things now being all that rosy and asked for a bit of a stir...

off the top of my head -

utd, city, liverpool at home

arsenal, spurs away

we played for 0-1 defeats in at least 5 games this season, not what id describe as competitive, in 2 of those games (city at home, arsenal away) mcleish admitted as much

Managers underperforming

Players underperforming

The football being shite

Results being shite

he is not though is he? he is performing exactly how his record showed it would and how most of us on here knew it would

it is because he is performing AS EXPECTED is why i am so pissed off.

Protesting is about letting McLeish and the board know we are not happy. At the moment it has been said there is a small minority that don't agree with McLeish. We need to let the media, the board and other football clubs know with a protest in the ground, that under no circumstances do we want McLeish as manager of our football club next season and he has zero support. If people are still thinking this is wrong, I care not, because as soon as we go a goal down at Bolton tomorrow night the fans I believe will go **** mental. UTV

People keep saying the fans will go mental

It simply isn't happening outside of small pockets

So what does that say about the majority of Villa fans?

It tells me that they are prepared to pay to watch shit and be fed shit by the AVFC PR machine and just take it.

Randy will love them.

Protesting is about letting McLeish and the board know we are not happy. At the moment it has been said there is a small minority that don't agree with McLeish. We need to let the media, the board and other football clubs know with a protest in the ground, that under no circumstances do we want McLeish as manager of our football club next season and he has zero support. If people are still thinking this is wrong, I care not, because as soon as we go a goal down at Bolton tomorrow night the fans I believe will go **** mental. UTV

I agree - I think if we go a goal down, we will be (including myself) absolutely LIVID and it will show.

Â