The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Think about it like this? We need to realise how important protesting is now! Starting at Sunderland. If we don't protest he will be here next season 100%. Remember McLeish and Lerner think its a small minority who want him out. If he stays after protest, at least its plane obvious and proved Lerner don't give a **** about the fans and all the negativity towards him will be more than deserved. I really don't understand how us fans can still go to games knowing this!

I imagine they'll be seeing it loud and clear via ST revenues!! :winkold:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tactics, great team selection and a win! This is not McLeish football, this Di Matteo football. A quality performance everyone working together.

Watch and weep McLeish!

So? What the **** does it have to do with AVFC?

Great tactics, great team selection and a win! This is not McLeish football, this Di Matteo football. A quality performance everyone working together.

Watch and weep McLeish!

:crylaugh:

The fact you're comparing the two is hilarious.

Ohh sorry they are an elite team aren't they, way out of our league!

The fact we can't even win against almost anyone in the league is hilarious. I think we do have the players to a least compete, motivate and actually win a game!

Ohh sorry they are an elite team aren't they, way out of our league!

The fact we can't even win against almost anyone in the league is hilarious. I think we do have the players to a least compete, motivate and actually win a game!

It's nothing to do with that. Chelsea's "tactics" tonight was pretty much defend for your lives and try to score on the counter/set piece. Which in a way, is pretty similar to how McLeish approaches games, don't ya think?

So we put 5 past Chelsea this season - Barca can't score v Chelsea, dat mean we beat Barca 5-0?

Yes it does. And Ireland is better than Messi, because he can score at stamford bridge. And Lichaj is better than Alves.

Why McLeish never tried to replicate our performance at Stamford Bridge against the 'elite teams' is astounding. Maybe it was just a fluke. But it will eventually cost him his job as our performances have been disgracful since.

The Sun confirm the "no plans to sack" line.

ALEX McLEISH’S job as Aston Villa boss is safe.

The club rubbished reports they will axe him to bring in a new man and a sporting director this summer.

Injury-hit Villa have been dragged into the relegation battle but McLeish is sure his youthful squad will stay up.

And SunSport can reveal he still has the backing of owner Randy Lerner, who has no intention of destabilising the club further.

A club source said: “There is no foundation to this. The club believes in continuity. We are putting in foundations on which to move the club forward. Alex remains an integral part of that.”

Kevin MacDonald, Gerard Houllier, Gary McAllister and McLeish have all been in charge since Martin O’Neill left Villa Park in 2010.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4265180/Aston-Villa-give-their-backing-to-under-fire-boss-Alex-McLeish.html

"A club source said: “There is no foundation to this. The club believes in continuity. We are putting in foundations on which to move the club forward. Alex remains an integral part of that.” "

Jesus christ, seriously? Going forward to what? Relegation? Another season of shit football?

make the change Lerner, you made a mistake, change before its too late.

The atmosphere at Villa Park needs to get a lot more poisonous towards McLeish – they need to know that we're not **** about. There still haven't been persistent chants against him. Make it uncomfortable enough and I'm confident a club statement will come beginning "By mutual agreement..." and the nightmare will be over.

Â