The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I dont see how you can keep him as manager, i really dont. No cup run, flirting with relegation, worst season in the Prem, lowest gates, unhappy fans etc etc.

The important thing for me is that he hasnt been publically backed by the board. Fingers crossed.

I think the Holman deal was his vote of confidence. Thats why I am quite excited that it appears only to be loose agreement - that the club can get out of if we change manager.

Why would they do that this board has already shown its happy to buy players without a manager.

I thought we agreed to complete a deal that was agreed in writing and therefore one we couldn't really get out of, which is completely different. Naive but different from actually buying a player with no manager.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the signing of Holman, I don't actually think it'll have a huge baring on whether McLeish is kept or sacked.

If the signing is definite, and an agreement has been signed, then Holman now forms part of next years squad, irrespective of who the manager is.

He sounds like a half decent player, an extra number to add competition for places, at worst. A new manager wouldn't be put off just because McLeish signed him, and I don't think McLeish signing him means he'll definately be stayed - it's just a sensible signing, on low wages, with decent international experience.

I dont see how you can keep him as manager, i really dont. No cup run, flirting with relegation, worst season in the Prem, lowest gates, unhappy fans etc etc.

The important thing for me is that he hasnt been publically backed by the board. Fingers crossed.

I think the Holman deal was his vote of confidence. Thats why I am quite excited that it appears only to be loose agreement - that the club can get out of if we change manager.

Why would they do that this board has already shown its happy to buy players without a manager.

I thought we agreed to complete a deal that was agreed in writing and therefore one we couldn't really get out of, which is completely different. Naive but different from actually buying a player with no manager.

I don't know you tell me?

We seem to be told different things by different people on this one.

I was thinking last night (dangerous i know), and it occured to me that Lerner cannot keep him as manager. Our worst ever season in the Prem. Im all for trimming the wage bill and bringing down costs, but you still have to be competative.

But can we still compete when our squad is so poor coupled with bringing costs down?

I really don't think so.

he has done nothing wrong?

have you watched villa this season?

done nothing to offend you?

i will take it the first answer is a no then.

i cant personally stand him for what he has done to something i love

I have watched Villa this season and i agree its shite. But i can't say that i feel personally offended by the whole situation. Im not happy about it but it certainly doesnt drive me to hate the bloke, like i say he has done nothing wrong in my eyes, he's trying to manage the team to the best of his ability which simply isnt good enough. I personally blaim Lerner for the situation we currently find ourselves in.

I do, which doesn't make me much of a human being i know but I do hate him now.....tactics, interviews and team selections just annoyed me, irritated me but week after week of this that I do hate him for being at my club

You actually feel hatred towards Alex McLeish? No offence but i find that a little pathetic. He was offered the chance to manage our club, therefore as i said above, i blaim Lerner for it.

Each to their own, i mean who am i to tell you how to feel towards someone? I just cant see how you can hate someone for trying to do their best.

Maybe i just dont eat, sleep and live Aston Villa like some of you do. Maybe im not as much of a fan/supporter as some of you. I dont know.

I think we'll just about stay up this season. I don't have much faith in Lerner but surely he can see McLeish isn't good enough and we will be relegated next year.

I think McLeish will be here next season should we stay up

Lerner is content with us being lower table NoMarks such as Wigan fighting to stay in the division every season

Randolph Lerner the Custodian that doesn't care

I have watched Villa this season and i agree its shite. But i can't say that i feel personally offended by the whole situation. Im not happy about it but it certainly doesnt drive me to hate the bloke, like i say he has done nothing wrong in my eyes, he's trying to manage the team to the best of his ability which simply isnt good enough. I personally blaim Lerner for the situation we currently find ourselves in.

I do, which doesn't make me much of a human being i know but I do hate him now.....tactics, interviews and team selections just annoyed me, irritated me but week after week of this that I do hate him for being at my club

You actually feel hatred towards Alex McLeish? No offence but i find that a little pathetic. He was offered the chance to manage our club, therefore as i said above, i blaim Lerner for it.

Each to their own, i mean who am i to tell you how to feel towards someone? I just cant see how you can hate someone for trying to do their best.

Maybe i just dont eat, sleep and live Aston Villa like some of you do. Maybe im not as much of a fan/supporter as some of you. I dont know.

I think the last 3 words of your post is more accurate. You do realise that you are on a football forum dont you? Doing his best? He is rubbish! if thats his best we should all lay off him and let him do his job to the BEST of his ability. No matter how much we flirt with relegation and boring the fans to death we should just sit back and hold back our emotions! Get real!

How about a good old fashioned pitch invasion

Actually, if people are brave enough, that's not a bad idea... If 20k did it, they wouldn't dare ban you all as the potential ST sales loss would be unbearable lol...

A pipe dream, I know... but the irony of the club banning it's revenue stream from going to games would be one sure protest...

I kind of like it.

it is nothing to do with being a 'better fan'.

it is like putting a drunk behind a wheel, you know it will end badly and many peoples lives could be effected from it.

but what do you say?

oh well drunk dave tried his best to drive home

despite crashing the car and destroying peoples lives.

the ginger gibbon should never have been anywhere near our club , so for that the blame lies soley at the original ginger gibbon, faulkner

for giving fat ginger giobbon faulkner all the power the blame lies soley at randys feat.

i dont support the bank account, i dont support the sale of season tickets, i support the TEAM, the one person responsible for the team, how it plays, how it is set up, who is picked, what tactics are used throughout the game, the substitutions, the training the preporation

all of that lies soley at the feat of the scottish ginger gibbon

learner is proving to be stupid

faulkner is proving he knows less than **** all about football matters

the ginger pale faced gibbon is proving what most of us thought all along, that he is the worst, inept, lying, most snivelling shit stain of a manager this club has had the misfortune to have been appointed

apparently though, despite jumping ship from a club he destroyed and then ruining the entire foundations of our club including hinding behind youth players by sending them out to speak up on his behalf, he is a nice man

all the evidence points towards him being a **** tw@ of a man but hey ho.

I think the last 3 words of your post is more accurate. You do realise that you are on a football forum dont you? Doing his best? He is rubbish! if thats his best we should all lay off him and let him do his job to the BEST of his ability. No matter how much we flirt with relegation and boring the fans to death we should just sit back and hold back our emotions! Get real!

Shit!?!? This is a football forum!?!?

Yes, i know he's rubbish, but do you really think he's not doing his best? Of course he's trying his best, and as ive said before, his best is simply not good enough. No offence chap, but you cannot sit there and honestly tell me you dont think he is trying to do well!?

Im not saying hold back your emotions, my issue is with people saying they 'hate' the man. Ive got no issue with people voicing their opinions but when when people start slinging it around that they feel hatred towards McLeish then im sorry, you need to step back and remember this is a game...to listen to some of you you would think the bloke raped your sister!!!

Get real??? I think by admitting that football isnt the be-all-and-end-all i am living in the real world.

Actually, if people are brave enough, that's not a bad idea... If 20k did it, they wouldn't dare ban you all as the potential ST sales loss would be unbearable lol...

A pipe dream, I know... but the irony of the club banning it's revenue stream from going to games would be one sure protest...

I kind of like it.

Even if you had say 50-100 invade and sit in centre circle with protest banners this would hit the headlines

I kind of like it.

Even if you had say 50-100 invade and sit in centre circle with protest banners this would hit the headlines

I'd rather we keep any protests legal. The problem is we aren't safe yet and many fans will be reluctant to protest. It only needs one well made gesture to get the ball rolling. The O'Leary "We're not fickle" banner was perfect at the time.

it is nothing to do with being a 'better fan'.

it is like putting a drunk behind a wheel, you know it will end badly and many peoples lives could be effected from it.

but what do you say?

oh well drunk dave tried his best to drive home

despite crashing the car and destroying peoples lives.

the ginger gibbon should never have been anywhere near our club , so for that the blame lies soley at the original ginger gibbon, faulkner

for giving fat ginger giobbon faulkner all the power the blame lies soley at randys feat.

i dont support the bank account, i dont support the sale of season tickets, i support the TEAM, the one person responsible for the team, how it plays, how it is set up, who is picked, what tactics are used throughout the game, the substitutions, the training the preporation

all of that lies soley at the feat of the scottish ginger gibbon

learner is proving to be stupid

faulkner is proving he knows less than **** all about football matters

the ginger pale faced gibbon is proving what most of us thought all along, that he is the worst, inept, lying, most snivelling shit stain of a manager this club has had the misfortune to have been appointed

apparently though, despite jumping ship from a club he destroyed and then ruining the entire foundations of our club including hinding behind youth players by sending them out to speak up on his behalf, he is a nice man

all the evidence points towards him being a **** tw@ of a man but hey ho.

I'm sorry.... but what the hell has his hair colour got to do with anything? I see this time and time again on this forum and its just the most pathetic, pointless abuse for the sake of it comment imanginable. If he was black would you be dropping N-bombs all over the place? (I don't actually know the answer so I wont make assumptions either way)

He's a crap manager and he should either resign or get sacked, but referring to him and/or PF as a "Fat ginger giobbon (sic)" says more about you than AMc/PF and/or their ability to run a football club.

If you actually want to affect change at this football club stop throwing cheap insults because if I was RL, I wouldn't be listening to you either.

:thumb:

Its actually a fact that 93% of all trophies in British football since 1927 have been won by managers with either black or brown hair, 5% by managers with no hair and 2% by blondes ..... no ginger haired manager has ever won a trophy so ...... get rid of him !!!

Shit!?!? This is a football forum!?!?

Yes, i know he's rubbish, but do you really think he's not doing his best? Of course he's trying his best, and as ive said before, his best is simply not good enough. No offence chap, but you cannot sit there and honestly tell me you dont think he is trying to do well!?

Im not saying hold back your emotions, my issue is with people saying they 'hate' the man. Ive got no issue with people voicing their opinions but when when people start slinging it around that they feel hatred towards McLeish then im sorry, you need to step back and remember this is a game...to listen to some of you you would think the bloke raped your sister!!!

Get real??? I think by admitting that football isnt the be-all-and-end-all i am living in the real world.

In a contradicting way I agree with you, hate is a strong word and it is only football but this is what happens in football, its what creates an atmosphere, its what is missing on the pitch at the moment and that is passion.

I dont lose sleep over this, in fact I have said many times that I want us to go down as I think its what the club may need to do plus we are going nowhere next season and I for one would rather be playing where we belong at present rather than make up the numbers and have to go through this again next season.

People are angry Wiggy and its great to have a forum to vent it out on but I really cant see any argument for defending AM.

I think protests should be kept off the pitch, voice your opinion yes but going on the pitch gets bad press.

Its actually a fact that 93% of all trophies in British football since 1927 have been won by managers with either black or brown hair, 5% by managers with no hair and 2% by blondes ..... no ginger haired manager has ever won a trophy so ...... get rid of him !!!

I must have imagioned that league cup final last year then. It did seem like a bad dream at the time.

Â