The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Ah so N'Zogbia's form is completely down to AM not getting the best from him? It wouldn't be anything to do with taking time to settle at a new club or indeed just loss of form?

How about it being McLeish's fault for spunking the majority of his budget on an average player with a poor attitude?

How about it being down to McLeish for seemingly being unable to get the same level of performance out of his that Martinez managed?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is entirely the reason behind our current position. There are plenty of good enough players for a manager with a shred of bravery to do something with. it's entirely down to terrible coaching and a terrible record from set pieces, which is also what the manager should get right on the training pitch. He's a dreadful, dreadful manager and any success we have now is down to the top work our academy does.

Ah so N'Zogbia's form is completely down to AM not getting the best from him? It wouldn't be anything to do with taking time to settle at a new club or indeed just loss of form?

How about it being McLeish's fault for spunking the majority of his budget on an average player with a poor attitude?

How about it being down to McLeish for seemingly being unable to get the same level of performance out of his that Martinez managed?

N'Zogbia isn't the only player that McLeish cannot get the best out of.

Must be the players fault...

We are almost safe but we shouldn't of been in this situation with our squad.

We will fight this all again next season if the man stays. The board have to get rid. It was never going to work and never will. It will cost the club more to keep him than to sack him. 30k tonight? Expect 20-25's next season if he stays.

Had his chance. He's blew it. He is the worse manager in the PL (TC is no manager in my eyes)

It's a disgrace when you think jol was free for us to get... The way he has his team playing and performing is a million times better then the crap we produced against stoke today.(not blaming kids)

Sick of excuses from Mcleish. He must not be given another chance- he will never get us playing well. He might get the odd flukey result but just like at Birmingham he will send us to the championship.

In 2005/2006, currently our worst ever season in the Premier League under Ellis and O'Leary, we finished 16th on 42 points with a goal difference of -13 and 10 wins all season.

Following this disaster O'Leary got the sack and Ellis sold the club.

The way things are shaping up Lerner and McLeish are on target to finish 15th/16th with less than 42 points and a similar, but quite probably worse, goal difference.

If the latter is achieved, and based on the former aforementioned abortion of a season, then I would expect to see McLeish sacked and Lerner sell the club to someone who knows what they are doing and can take us forward.

It's a disgrace when you think jol was free for us to get... The way he has his team playing and performing is a million times better then the crap we produced against stoke today.(not blaming kids)

Sick of excuses from Mcleish. He must not be given another chance- he will never get us playing well. He might get the odd flukey result but just like at Birmingham he will send us to the championship.

Jol practically left Ajax to join Villa then they decided not to sign him, that's how close it was!

hello all my first post on the site. Might aswell get straight to the point, Mcleish has got to be the most unimaginative manager i have ever seen. That is what frustrates me most. If we were playing decent stuff and loosing i would be able to stomach it but when its clueless football week in week out thats what annoys me. He does not have a plan B in any game. The only positive that can be taken out of the last few games is our kids look promising. What do people think the chances of him going are at the end of the season?

Can Mcleish really survive all this negativity ?

In theory Lerner\Faulkner\Mcleish can do what they like - as they are answerable to no one.

But the tumble from top six - to bottom six - and regarded by many pundits as the most dour team in the prem - must ring alarm bells with Lerner. I think Lerner thought Mcleish would steady us this season - and the negativity surrounding his appointment would fade. - But its backfired - and badly so. Its likley we will limp home and stay in the division - but attendance will plummet alarmingly next summer - I reckon we will be getting 24,000 on a regular basis - and there's no prospect it will get better with Mcleish in charge.

Surely Randy will see this (Pretty sure he does - but how does he dig himself out of this mess)

hello all my first post on the site. Might aswell get straight to the point, Mcleish has got to be the most unimaginative manager i have ever seen. That is what frustrates me most. If we were playing decent stuff and loosing i would be able to stomach it but when its clueless football week in week out thats what annoys me. He does not have a plan B in any game. The only positive that can be taken out of the last few games is our kids look promising. What do people think the chances of him going are at the end of the season?

I think pretty slim.

If the people making the decisions can appoint him under such huge criticism and anger then there is a good chance they can accept it even more as long as we don't get relegated.

Hopefully that's not the case though and he is gone.

I think pretty slim.

If the people making the decisions can appoint him under such huge criticism and anger then there is a good chance they can accept it even more as long as we don't get relegated.

Hopefully that's not the case though and he is gone.

But we are only postponing relegation. Those few goals from Keane - coupled with the dross of bolton\Blackburn\wolves. We would start next season as one of the relegation favorites.

I dont think the chances of him going are very high either to be honest. Im just hoping lerner will open his purse abit this off season because theres only so much you can do in the bosman market. But in all honesty i think its going to be sell to buy again and if thats the case i think next season will be the one to worry about if we stay up this season.

You could take every match this season and argue whether we deserved more/less, whether it was AMC fault and every match would have loads of people with different views.

Fortunately we have something called a league table and statistics to get an overall pattern, regardless of who was available, the tactics of one specific match.

And those stats point to his sacking as soon as we're safe:

We have won 7 games (joint 18th in the league) which will inevitably be our lowest total since 1890 when there were only 22 games! We need to win two more matches the 90/91 low. We had eight wins when we got relegated last...

We have scored 35 goals (joint 17th in the league) and unless we grab another 6/7 could be our worst in 40 years.

We are on course for our lowest point tally in the Premiership. Again, last time we got less than 40point we were relegated.

But of course this is all irrelevant as the only reason we dislike him is because he's an ex-city manager!

There is simply no argument for him to stay. No-one can say that even if he'd had no money and bought no-one that this poor a performance can be acceptable?! There are no reasons which are good enough.

Houllier inherited a team with no preseason, half way through the year, with medical issues of his own and still did better than this idiot.

I have no personal issues with him but the facts are there that simply show how poor HIS team has been. There can be no arguments against it. It's simple. Unless Lerner is suggesting he inherited a squad that is the worst in our Premier League history? And if that's the case Lerner, you've been at the club more than five years so is it your fault?!

OUT.

You could take every match this season and argue whether we deserved more/less, whether it was AMC fault and every match would have loads of people with different views.

Fortunately we have something called a league table and statistics to get an overall pattern, regardless of who was available, the tactics of one specific match.

And those stats point to his sacking as soon as we're safe:

We have won 7 games (joint 18th in the league) which will inevitably be our lowest total since 1890 when there were only 22 games! We need to win two more matches the 90/91 low. We had eight wins when we got relegated last...

We have scored 35 goals (joint 17th in the league) and unless we grab another 6/7 could be our worst in 40 years.

We are on course for our lowest point tally in the Premiership. Again, last time we got less than 40point we were relegated.

But of course this is all irrelevant as the only reason we dislike him is because he's an ex-city manager!

There is simply no argument for him to stay. No-one can say that even if he'd had no money and bought no-one that this poor a performance can be acceptable?! There are no reasons which are good enough.

Houllier inherited a team with no preseason, half way through the year, with medical issues of his own and still did better than this idiot.

I have no personal issues with him but the facts are there that simply show how poor HIS team has been. There can be no arguments against it. It's simple. Unless Lerner is suggesting he inherited a squad that is the worst in our Premier League history? And if that's the case Lerner, you've been at the club more than five years so is it your fault?!

OUT.

The above is the most important post I have read on this forum. Can someone print this out on a banner and glue it to VP?

Â