The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been to the Wigan away game recently and seen arguably the poorest of PL home performances from Martinezs side I think we dodged a bullet last summer

Mantis, you can't pick all the detail up in the 5 min MOTD clippets

I read some posts on a couple of other Villa forums,just out of curiosity and they both had a AMC thread,they also both have a season ticket thread.I did'nt count the number of posts or anything like that but reading them you get the impression that well over 90% of supporters want McStupid out and on the ST thread it seems that about 60% are seriously thinking about not renewing their ST"s.

So I would say that VP will be a pretty desolate place next season.

I started a ST renewal thread on here a while back and last time I looked I think about 60% said they wouldn't be renewing.

I must admit, and it hurts me to say it, but I will be one of those not renewing next season. I hate seeing Villa lose or play badly full stop but I have always gone there with hope of seeing them put up a fight. I am no glory hunter, how can I be when they haven't won anything for 16 years? It's just that I cannot bring myself to go and watch my club suffer like it is under the current management. It's got that bad for me that I just don't want to watch us suffer like that again next season.

As soon as McLeish goes I will be back at Villa Park but whilst he is there, I won't be. Neither will my Dad and Brother, whom have both decided that, along with me, they cannot stomach watching us be so gutless any longer. I understand cut-backs and all that but the way McLeish gets us playing is just too terrible to carry on watching. I know people will think I am a poor fan for not sticking by the club but this feels like the only way I can protest against the current management situation and that's why we're doing this next season.

I hope the club turns it around and gets me back, regardless of who the manager is, but I cannot see McLeish doing anything to win me over, I just can't.

I would'nt say you are a poor fan,all you are doing is withdrawing your fininancial support for a while.I bet you will still look up Villa's results and see where they are on the league table. You will also read about them in the newspaper and listen to any news about them on the radio, you might even go to a few games. Aston Villa are a great club and always will be and no matter what happens Aston Villa will remain Aston Villa,its just that you ( and a few thousand ) other supporters do not agree with the way the club is bieng run or managed so you are withdrawing your fininancil support till things change.

CI - He's managing **** Wigan ffs????

It's a miracle they're still in the Premier League.

We don't just need a manager to just come in and make an immediate impact, we need a manager to come in with a vision for the club, to bring his own coaches to coach at youth level and improve AVFC from the ground up.

I think Martinez could do that myself.

No Martinez is a shit manager. Wigan play like shit and Swansea under him played like shit, unlike now under a decent manager where they play well. It is bollocks he has his teams play beautiful football , its just a myth. Go actually WATCH Wigan play. They are terrible and play terrible ugly tactics.

No he would be a step sideways or backwards from McLeish.

So his team got lucky against Liverpool, McLeish's team got lucky against Chelsea. It happens from time to time but both of them are consistently poor managers.

I doubt that you've ever watched Wigan play. They play very good passing football, and are near the top of the possession stats. They also create far more chances per game than the teams around them, and for a team who's main striker is Franco Di Danto, that is in impressive. Also, lucky? Did you even see Wigan quite literally play Liverpool off the park?

I doubt you have watched Wigan play with any regularity, dont be fooled by your match of the day highlights. They play shit.

Wigan didnt play anywhere near as well as Villa did when we played Chelsea off the park (ie: had a good lucky game like Wigan). So if thats your only example clearly McLeish is a better manager as Chelsea is the better team. Wolves played ManU "off the park" last year, should we get big Mick in as well?

Regardless of whether you think McLeish or Martinez is the better bottom feeder manager we should not be satisfied with our club scouring clubs who bobble long in the relegation zone.

If you want some good football and dont care about losing then lets get AVB in, it would be exciting t least. With Martinez we would lose and play dross football.

By played off the park, I meant they were playing keepball while Liverpool were meant to be pushing for an equalizer (admittedly, that's probably more an indictment of Liverpool) right till the final whistle.

But your logic is flawed. Just because Wigan lose a lot, then Martinez is a loser and he'd lose if he came to Villa? He has by far the worst squad in the league and probably the smallest budget. Yet he's kept Wigan up 3 seasons in a row while better squads went down, and managed to pull out some impressive wins during crunch time.

That being said, I'm not saying we should go for Martinez but he isn't as crap as you are making him out.

Don't worry about Van Gall or Martinez,the way things are going I think the man at the gate could do a better job than McStupid.

In other words, get another manager, any manager will do for now

I read some posts on a couple of other Villa forums,just out of curiosity and they both had a AMC thread,they also both have a season ticket thread.I did'nt count the number of posts or anything like that but reading them you get the impression that well over 90% of supporters want McStupid out and on the ST thread it seems that about 60% are seriously thinking about not renewing their ST"s.

So I would say that VP will be a pretty desolate place next season.

I started a ST renewal thread on here a while back and last time I looked I think about 60% said they wouldn't be renewing.

I must admit, and it hurts me to say it, but I will be one of those not renewing next season. I hate seeing Villa lose or play badly full stop but I have always gone there with hope of seeing them put up a fight. I am no glory hunter, how can I be when they haven't won anything for 16 years? It's just that I cannot bring myself to go and watch my club suffer like it is under the current management. It's got that bad for me that I just don't want to watch us suffer like that again next season.

As soon as McLeish goes I will be back at Villa Park but whilst he is there, I won't be. Neither will my Dad and Brother, whom have both decided that, along with me, they cannot stomach watching us be so gutless any longer. I understand cut-backs and all that but the way McLeish gets us playing is just too terrible to carry on watching. I know people will think I am a poor fan for not sticking by the club but this feels like the only way I can protest against the current management situation and that's why we're doing this next season.

I hope the club turns it around and gets me back, regardless of who the manager is, but I cannot see McLeish doing anything to win me over, I just can't.

I would'nt say you are a poor fan,all you are doing is withdrawing your fininancial support for a while.I bet you will still look up Villa's results and see where they are on the league table. You will also read about them in the newspaper and listen to any news about them on the radio, you might even go to a few games. Aston Villa are a great club and always will be and no matter what happens Aston Villa will remain Aston Villa,its just that you ( and a few thousand ) other supporters do not agree with the way the club is bieng run or managed so you are withdrawing your fininancil support till things change.

I think the poor fans are the ones that are renewing because they are supporting a regime that is ruining our club.

Suppose you were banging on about Owen Coyle last summer too

Ridiculous suggestions for the next manager

This is Aston Villa FC, not a Tinpot outfit like Swansea or Wigan

We need a Van Gaal or a Rijkaard or Koeman

If we're going to change runners and riders lets do it properly next time

No, I never rated Coyle, but I might do when I wake up tomorrow, but then I might not like him again by the afternoon, but could do again Sunday. :lol:

By played off the park, I meant they were playing keepball while Liverpool were meant to be pushing for an equalizer (admittedly, that's probably more an indictment of Liverpool) right till the final whistle.

But your logic is flawed. Just because Wigan lose a lot, then Martinez is a loser and he'd lose if he came to Villa? He has by far the worst squad in the league and probably the smallest budget. Yet he's kept Wigan up 3 seasons in a row while better squads went down, and managed to pull out some impressive wins during crunch time.

That being said, I'm not saying we should go for Martinez but he isn't as crap as you are making him out.

Fair enough. Yeah I was going a bit overboard and yes keeping Wigan up is an achievement. I am reacting to the football press who keep describing Wigan as playing some kind of beautiful football. I have been subjected to watching Wigan many times and I just havent seen it (Swansea on the other hand do play some bloody pleasing stuff).

My opinion, is McLeish and Martinez are in a similar bracket of managers. (you can put one or another marginally above the other) I am angry that this pair were the boards first choices, fans were thinking people like Ancellotti. I was and remain dismayed at the gap of ambition.

That top 30 makes for interesting reading...perhaps it is not a case of Moyes not wanting to leave Everton, and more that we aren't prepared to pay the extra for him...

Fair enough. Yeah I was going a bit overboard and yes keeping Wigan up is an achievement. I am reacting to the football press who keep describing Wigan as playing some kind of beautiful football. I have been subjected to watching Wigan many times and I just havent seen it (Swansea on the other hand do play some bloody pleasing stuff).

My opinion, is McLeish and Martinez are in a similar bracket of managers. (you can put one or another marginally above the other) I am angry that this pair were the boards first choices, fans were thinking people like Ancellotti. I was and remain dismayed at the gap of ambition.

Yeah, we all hoped for the Ancellottis of this world...and while we may have had a slight chance of landing them in the summer I think we have absolutely no chance after the shit that has transpired this season. Which is why I can understand people wanting Martinez. He could build something here if given the chance as he has a track record of doing so. He laid a lot of the groundwork for what is going on at Swansea. People just want some hope that things can get better in the future, and AM not only doesn't provide that...but also the complete opposite.

That top 30 makes for interesting reading...perhaps it is not a case of Moyes not wanting to leave Everton, and more that we aren't prepared to pay the extra for him...

Could well be.

The figures might be ball park numbers and not 100% accurate but the ranking is probably about right.

PL managers are on massive wages as are the players, we need to look elsewhere

Spuds, so am I...

Ranieri only seems to be in the news when:

a. His expensive bunch of players have won something

or

b. He has been sacked because his expensive bunch of players have been playing badly

Not the man for a club in our position.

So...

Arsenal out fought us, out passed us, out tackled us, out crossed us, created more chances, were more lethal with those chances, more shots on target and so much more.

Even funny to think that an Arsenal team who do not battle and hate a fight, had us roll over to them like a puppy.

**** right off McLeish. All of the above shows he has no business managing us.

Stats from the weekend, will make you cry

Wasn't it Martinez who got Wigan starting to play the pleasing stuff though? Pretty sure it was. They were a good footballing side in the championship before Brendan Rodgers.

McLeish out!

My word. So Ranieri is flavour of the week now?? Hes got sacked at every job hes been in. Id rather have Basil Fawlty managing us.

Oh and another thing...he aint 'free' as some have said, simply because if we wanted to hire him it would cost millions to compensate Mcleish.

My word. So Ranieri is flavour of the week now?? Hes got sacked at every job hes been in. Id rather have Basil Fawlty managing us.

Oh and another thing...he aint 'free' as some have said, simply because if we wanted to hire him it would cost millions to compensate Mcleish.

Spot on, absolutely no point going from one managing debacle to another. How can a manager have worse current form with Inter as McLeish has with Villa. Chuck that idea. If we get a new coach in, it needs to be done properly, someone young, with clear drive and goals. Clark, Lambo, Adkins one of these new crop of good managers is what I'd want. Someone that if we have a slow first season under, we know there is a bigger picture involved.

Would say Rodgers, but I think we can forget that! He said he wouldn't take Chelsea job if offered it right now, so doubt he'd take Villa.

Â