The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

We signed Given, Hutton, Jenas and Nzogbia. Even without them we have a better squad than many of the teams around us.

All 4 have been poor signings IMO

Wow what a claim. Given a poor signing?

We are a laughing stock though. I get stick off non-Villa mates about why on earth we haven't sacked McLeish yet. It's embarrassing. Doomed to fail, and well-and-truly has.

I think Givens a poor signing because of his injury issues and the fact that we gave him a 5 year deal on big wages. I know that he's a great shot stopper but I have a lot of issues with goalkeepers who are completely incapable of coming off their line as I think it puts us under a lot of pressure especially from set pieces (this was also a weakness of Friedels)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that's the way to do it. Appoint another manager that is good at one thing, getting teams relegated.

Who has Martinez relegated?

On a shoestring, he has single handedly kept Wigan in the premier league and played fairly decent football to boot.

Did you know see Wigan, yes Wigan, play keep ball against Liverpool last week?

So what if they kept the ball and won at Liverpool. Have you not seen their league position? We beat Chelsea don't you know. Are we now saying he's a good manager because Wigan are in a relegation fight all season, Every season just to escape at the last minute? Sounds like fun.

Which part of this do you not understand?

He has no money

He has one of the smallest wage bills in the league

He is managing Wigan, not any side of pedigree of substance

He still plays football

Doesnt matter how much they avoid relegation by, they avoid it.

If you cannot see what he has done under the circumstances he is in, then you have your head up your arse.

If he can get a team with no money to play football on the awful rugby pitch just think what he could do at Villa Park

The football is mainly shite due to the manager !!!

MON's footy was tons better than this even though our football was obvious to all we were still in for the european places.

TBH MON should never of been sacked when i put the blame mainly with Lerner because he is such an inept chairman.

I mean sending AML to see the Cleveland Browns coach who's also shocking i may add is hilarious.

Does Lerner even know the difference between a good side and a bad one or is he one of those deluded old men whos clueless.

:clap:

:) Thanks !!! Still I do believe its what i mentioned above.... Deluded old man who doesnt know the difference between a good side and a bad one...

If you honestly think that the journo's statement makes Villa out to be murderous marauders then I'm very surprised.

He's saying we are awful to watch and too timid to attack and therefore football fans in general would be happy to see us fall from the limelight of the Prem. Do you really think that's ridiculous?

Of course I don't think they really think that. It was more me trying to suggest how ridiculous the statement is, but you knew that already.

As for what other football fans think about us, I couldn't care less, much like no doubt they don't care what Villa fans think about their club. We play terrible football at the moment but we're not the only ones. Whoever ends up in the relegation spots at the end of the season deserve to go down, it's as simple as that. So yes, I do think it's ridiculous to say "justice will have been done".

The bottom line is that there are poorer teams than ourselves who are playing better football.

Is McLeish saying that Norwich and Swansea, both newly promoted and retained many of their Championship players, are better teams on paper than ourselves?

Wigan have been playing well of late without getting the results they deserve. That is why it didn't surprise me when they beat Liverpool at the weekend.

Many of our first team would walk into most Premiership teams. Some of our players i.e. Gabby, N'Zogbia (when at it) could play for the top four clubs in the country.

Yes, we have some dross. Hutton, Heskey, Warnock would struggle in the Championship. But what clubs don't have poor players?

It is all about playing to our strengths - that is the job of the manager. We have pace in forward areas but never look to utilise it.

Instead McLeish and Grant seem more interested in stopping the other team playing rather then making the opposition worry about us. We have some quality in there, but unless it is utilised correctly then it will be a case of more of the same.

I'm getting tired of saying it to be honest, but this appointment was a huge gamble on the part of RL - one of which is failing.

I am still not 100% confident that we will avoid the drop. I know people are stating that the teams below us will struggle to make up the deficit but anything can happen and the way we are playing, if we were to get sucked into it, I am not convinced we have the fight or bottle.

Gabby and the Nzogbia would not get in either Manchester sides or Arsenal or Spurs teams. But I kind of with some of the stuff your saying.

I dont think anybody from villa would get into any of those teams or Chelsea for that matter

There's nothing wrong with Nzogbia, McLeish just don't utilise his strengths. Gaby just don't wanna play for McLeish it shows. We need a good tactical manager here, bring on Martinez anyday. I imagine the youth would look sharp with him in charge and would learn alot. This is the sort of football youth need to learn, not Mcbumhole rubbish.

It worrying our players have learnt nothing and got no better under McLeish, not one of them.

Im sorry but Mcleish is a better manager than Allardyce, so no.
Haha, no offence but that is simply rubbish. Allardyce's football is shit (although not as shit as McLeish's) but at least it's semi-effective.

Allardyce is what the media think McLeish is - average, defensive, plays shit football but gets you mid-table. Of course we all know that McLeish is far worse than just average.

My word. So Ranieri is flavour of the week now?? Hes got sacked at every job hes been in. Id rather have Basil Fawlty managing us.

Oh and another thing...he aint 'free' as some have said, simply because if we wanted to hire him it would cost millions to compensate Mcleish.

It's got nothing to do with being flavour of the week, it's just that he was sacked yesterday so of course people are going to suggest him.

Just what is it you see in McLeish? You've dismissed dozens of potential replacements for McLeish, all of whom are better.

Having been to the Wigan away game recently and seen arguably the poorest of PL home performances from Martinezs side I think we dodged a bullet last summer

Mantis, you can't pick all the detail up in the 5 min MOTD clippets

How you can you say we dodged a bullet when we ended up with McLeish? Yeah alright we may have dodged a bullet but we ended up with a rocket instead.

I'm not judging Martinez based on MoTD anyway.

Mantis.... Why did you quote those 2 posts of mine but left this one out, which was on the same page:

If i had to pick a new manager it would be Lambert all day long. I wouldnt want any of these big name european coaches beacuse, quite frankly, theyre shite. They are only good at managing clubs with massive chequebooks, they wouldnt last 5 minutes here. Im talking the Ranieri's, Ancelottis, Benitez's of this world. I saw Rijkaards name mentioned the other day. Good grief do me a favour

does that not answer your questions?

Mantis.... Why did you quote those 2 posts of mine but left this one out, which was on the same page:

If i had to pick a new manager it would be Lambert all day long. I wouldnt want any of these big name european coaches beacuse, quite frankly, theyre shite. They are only good at managing clubs with massive chequebooks, they wouldnt last 5 minutes here. Im talking the Ranieri's, Ancelottis, Benitez's of this world. I saw Rijkaards name mentioned the other day. Good grief do me a favour

does that not answer your questions?

No, it doesn't answer my question at all. I was asking what you see in McLeish, since there seem to be a hell of a lot of managers you rate him over. Correct me if I've got the wrong idea here.

Er no you said who would I want and i said Lambert. Asking me what i see in Mcleish is just stupid because i dont see anything particularly other than a pretty average manager. The only difference between me and you is that i can accept he will be given at least another season. Oh and i stand by what i said, Mcleish is better than Allardyce.

Er no you said who would I want and i said Lambert. Asking me what i see in Mcleish is just stupid because i dont see anything particularly other than a pretty average manager. The only difference between me and you is that i can accept he will be given at least another season. Oh and i stand by what i said, Mcleish is better than Allardyce.
No, what I said was

Just what is it you see in McLeish? You've dismissed dozens of potential replacements for McLeish, all of whom are better.

McLeish, Average? Are you kidding me? He's dreadful. If he was average we'd have been average this season.

Â