The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his comments, I fully expect the side to be Given, Warnock, Collins, Cuellar, Hutton, a central midfield of Petrov & Gardner, Gabby, Ireland, N'Zogbia and Albrighton OR Heskey.

maybe not correct but last time Gabby, Zog and Ireland played together without Bent was at Stamford Bridge?

Even at this point in the season 8th or 8th is achievable if the manager had even an ounce of (real) winning mentality.

I'd happily take either of those at this point.

The thing I keep coming back to is this: How out of touch with reality could those who appointed him be? Surely they must have thought, the ONLY way for this AM experiment to work is for him to get results in short order. They HAD to know that he would not be well-received, that he would be on a desperately short leash, and that, unless he got results quickly, the whole of the Villa fanbase would turn on him.

Knowing that, they would have to ask: is this man capable (with the resources, or lack of resources given him) of doing that? His past record suggests not.

Knowing that, they went ahead and paid off SHA, and gave him a THREE YEAR contract.

I don't care what you think of AM, that is some SHOCKING decision making there.

I am desperate to hear what the board are thinking now, and would die to hear their explanation of said decision making.

Even at this point in the season 8th or 8th is achievable if the manager had even an ounce of (real) winning mentality.

I'd happily take either of those at this point.

:lol: *9th :oops:

General Krulak Number Syndrome strikes again :winkold:

Yes Trent I sadly agree I know he will not quit despite being told he is a decent man.

Neither O'Neill nor Houllier did the decent thing and quit, so McLeish certainly won't.

No decency in football any more.

MON didn't quit ? So all these people saying what an arsehole he was fro dropping us in the shit 5 days before the start of the season should really blame Lerner for sacking him?

and would die to hear their explanation of said decision making.

Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa, said: "We believe we have appointed the right man for the job.

"Unquestionably, Alex meets the criteria we set out at the beginning of our search which was based on proven Premier League experience, leadership, a hard-working ethic and, most importantly, a shared vision for Aston Villa.

"Alex is someone with whom we will work close and work well together.

"With our strong squad combining the necessary virtues of experience and the exciting potential of our young players, our objective is to compete as strongly as we possibly can.

"Alex's vast experience and proven abilities demonstrate clearly that he is a strong leader and an ambitious man and we are looking forward very much to the exciting new season about to start."

shaun teale on twitter-

"Mccleish says the teams trying to gel its took them since August and it's not worked yet , what a **** cop out"

Shaun Teale would have made a great seventies cop, truly in the Gene Hunt mould.

He is completely right here. How many excuses does McLeish need? What's next? Dog ate his team sheet?

shaun teale on twitter-

"Mccleish says the teams trying to gel its took them since August and it's not worked yet , what a **** cop out"

"he won't get rid because he then admits he's **** up and that won't happen"

Subtle

Thing is I just dont understand some things here. If you dont blame Mcleish entirely then you must blame Lerner ?

Richard, Im a firm believer that nobody at AVFC has covered themselves in real glory over the past 5 years.

Lerner, MON, Mcliesh, the players - Everybody.

I can forgive mistakes, I can forgive the same mistakes twice. I can forgive not being good enough.

What I cant forgive (along with giving up) is what Mcliesh appears to have done over the last couple of weeks and be seen to not be taking responsibilty.

I can whinge about 65k a week players not taking responsibility all I want, but if Mcliesh doesnt, how can I expect them to. How he can come and say anything other than, 'we must improve' is well, im stunned!!!

“I don’t tell the players not to attack. You’ve really got to trust the individuals to go and do that for you.

“Is it a mental block? Who knows? But there is possibly enough experience in the squad in certain games to steer us through those difficult moments.

“People talk about a negative style of play. It’s a myth. I don’t ask the players not to express themselves."

He's such a negative manager, he expresses his management philosophy in double negatives.

I wonder if he also doesn't tell them not to not keep a clean sheet..

No wonder they look like they don't have a clue what they're doing. It can't be easy having to second guess what the manager has not told them to not do and infer from that what he actually wants them to do.

I've pretty much written off any hopes of a win tomorrow now that McLeish has effectively come out and said...

"I have done all I can with this shit squad. Not even Mourinho could have got a better set of results than me."

Paraphrasing heavily, but how can any of our players read any of the comments from McLeish and think that he is not a) calling them shit and B) blaming them for our current position.

McLeish OUT!!!

shaun teale on twitter-

"he won't get rid because he then admits he's **** up and that won't happen"

Is Shaun Teale from Midlands cause he doesn't seem to have any affection for any other teams he played for.

To be fair there are only two players in my lifetime who have played for us and not shown much affection for us after leaving

David Platt

Steve Hodge

on that piece from Shaun Teale, top top man it needs more of those comments.

Â