The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

i spoke to a guy at work today and he has had a season ticket for over 40 years and he will not be renewing because of the football we play under mcleish

quite sad really

I used to have a couple of guys of similar vintage who said the same to me in 2008, and they didn't renew.

Let's face it, if we all stopped renewing because of shit football, the club wouldn't have sold any season tickets since halfway through the Gregory tenure.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 3 home wins - Blackburn, Wigan and Norwich - 3 away wins Bolton, Wolves and Chelsea

Well, yes, if you want to be deeply analytical, Denis! ;-)

However, Villa's away wins have come more recently and Villa have lost fewer away.

I thought the quality of those opponents would make my point Lerg.... we have beaten the bottom 4 plus 2 others. We need to beat 3 of the bottom four again in the hope of staying up. Clearly if we don't the points ain't gonna be easy to get.

I dont understand the argument that we shouldnt hate our manager because he came from blues?

Why is everybody trying to explain and justify there reasons for hating him.

You know what, I DO hate him because he came from Blues. Yes he plays shit football. Yes he has made bad signings. Yes he is a **** idiot. But a lot of my hatred stems from the fact we went out and got Birmingham Citys relegated manager.

I think a lot of people on here are in denial. Most of us hate him because he came from Blues. The fact that we play shit football now just makes us hate him to the point we wished Ill upon him.

I completely disagree. I find it bizarre why anyone would hate someone for working at another club. He also during his tenure said positive things about us as a team and size of the club on a few occasions. I have absolutely no care where players/managers come from. It is a job.

After the first 3/4 games of his appointment, although I imagine the majority still believed it was a poor appointment, most were satisfied with how we started and were giving him a chance. His results and football since have led him to be disliked as manager of this club, not any previous job.

You see, I complete disagree with this!

You can sit behind a keyboard all day and claim that people 'gave him a chance' and didnt mind that he came from blues but I think your wrong.

People are constantly having to justify why they hate him and god, you could pick a million things wrong with the bloke but the main reason he is hated is because he came from Blues. Im sorry, If you asked the average villa fan on the terraces on a saturday afternoon the honest reason why they hated Mcleish I think there answer would be because he came from Blues.

Its a major factor. It just is, and it will never go away. He was doomed from the minute he walked in the door and all these people pretending that its not a big thing that he came from Blues, are wrong.

IMO of course.

So if we sacked him and appointed Chris Houghton do you think he would be hated because he managed them too.

In my opinion he has done a brilliant job there and would take him in a second over McLeish because his teams play football and win games, we currentlt do neither

You see, I complete disagree with this!

You can sit behind a keyboard all day and claim that people 'gave him a chance' and didnt mind that he came from blues but I think your wrong.

People are constantly having to justify why they hate him and god, you could pick a million things wrong with the bloke but the main reason he is hated is because he came from Blues. Im sorry, If you asked the average villa fan on the terraces on a saturday afternoon the honest reason why they hated Mcleish I think there answer would be because he came from Blues.

Its a major factor. It just is, and it will never go away. He was doomed from the minute he walked in the door and all these people pretending that its not a big thing that he came from Blues, are wrong.

IMO of course.

From just knowing people personally who are Villa supporters, i've never experienced this.

Nobody other than the most pea brained, knuckle dragging doom brain would state that they hated McLeish just because he came from SHA.

If we were playing good football and/or knocking on the door of a European place and/or having a good cup run I don't think anyone on the terraces on a Saturday afternoon (or any other day for that matter) would hate McLeish.

He is hated (if that's a term that is to be used although I would think 'not wanted' at AVFC would be a better description) because of the dull, negative football, the poor results and his poor record as a PL manager. That is simply it. If anyone chooses to believe that it is because he came from SHA then they are entitled to think that but, IMO, they are very, very wrong.

Im not going to argue too much about this. The holier than thou attitude on here only represents a small proportion of the Villa fan base...'ohh no, we hate him because we know everything about football and the way it should be played'..blah blah.

He came from Blues. He will be hated the whole time he is at villa because of this.

the fact he came from blues was the only plus point for me, it was funny for about 10 minutes as we nicked their manager, then it dawned on me how bad the football was going to be

i just want this nightmare to end

Im not going to argue too much about this. The holier than thou attitude on here only represents a small proportion of the Villa fan base...'ohh no, we hate him because we know everything about football and the way it should be played'..blah blah.

He came from Blues. He will be hated the whole time he is at villa because of this.

Do you believe that last sentence you wrote?

Believe me Delphinho, in my case you are DEFINITELY wrong!

I have no problem whatsoever about who he has managed previously. All I cared about was his abysmal record of relegating Blues twice and playing the most boring football I saw in the Premier League last season. Hughton is Blues manager right now and I would swap him for McLeish in a heartbeat!

I don't care what nationality he is, what colour is hair is, who he managed previously or what is religious beliefs are. All I know is that he is NOT the right man to manage the football club I love.

But a lot of my hatred stems from the fact we went out and got Birmingham Citys relegated manager.

The key word for me here is 'relegated'. I don't hate McLeish but I hate the fact he's our manager.

I completely agree with delphinio.

And I think this is out of order.

Nobody other than the most pea brained, knuckle dragging doom brain would state that they hated McLeish just because he came from SHA.

Because I'm none of those things, and I dislike him for many reasons, and being ex SHA is one of them.

Villa hate Blues

Man U hate City

Arsenal hate Spurs

And so on and so on. It's part of football, part of each clubs culture, you have your rivals and that's how it is.

It will always leave a sour taste in my mouth him being ex blues, but I've paid my money and been there to support him, and want him to do well. But it still annoys me where his from.

It's alienated the crowd and it will the whole time he is here. It was a very poor footballing decision to bring him in, in fact it's unforgivable.

Hughton would be a great appointment, but it will still get on my tits that he came from the blues, and it would lead to the same problems with the crowd now, seperatation, little grumblings in the crowd, you can feel it, it's horrible.

I understand how it sounds saying this but I can't help it, blues are our rivals and that has been set in stone long ago and will always be there.

People shouldn't be slated for feeling this way.

I have this real nightmare where Paul Faulkner is naive enoug to think that if they hand McLeish a 40 million war chest in the summer everything will be OK, peace and love will break out at VP and we will all move forward together.

I cannot think of a bigger waste of money since, well since we paid small heath compensation for the useless manager.

I completely agree with delphinio.

And I think this is out of order.

Because I'm none of those things, and I dislike him for many reasons, and being ex SHA is one of them.

Villa hate Blues

Man U hate City

Arsenal hate Spurs

And so on and so on. It's part of football, part of each clubs culture, you have your rivals and that's how it is.

It will always leave a sour taste in my mouth him being ex blues, but I've paid my money and been there to support him, and want him to do well. But it still annoys me where his from.

It's alienated the crowd and it will the whole time he is here. It was a very poor footballing decision to bring him in, in fact it's unforgivable.

Hughton would be a great appointment, but it will still get on my tits that he came from the blues, and it would lead to the same problems with the crowd now, seperatation, little grumblings in the crowd, you can feel it, it's horrible.

I understand how it sounds saying this but I can't help it, blues are our rivals and that has been set in stone long ago and will always be there.

People shouldn't be slated for feeling this way.

I never slated anyone personally. If anyone wants to put themselves in my aforementioned bracket that's their choice and if they are upset by it then that's their problem.

I don't particularly like SHA either. However, I don't have a burning hatred for them. My father is a SHA fan and anyone that expects me to hate him because of it is on a hiding to nothing.

I try to look beyond the tribal thing. I couldn't give a toss where he came from. It is his pedigree I have a problem with.

For me i hate blues and everything about their shitty little tin pot club. my blood boils every time i see mcleish in clothes with our badge on. the fact he is about as useful as billy mcneill just makes it worse. i would never accept anybody from that club in any capacity. i hate the lot of them with a passion

Â