The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

MARK HUGHES.

He's been the elephant in the room all this time.

Well I didn't consider him as the owners didn't like the way he walked out on Fulham saying he wanted a bigger club, yes he would be better than McLeish but i'm not sure he would come to midtable Villa.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MARK HUGHES.

Was widely reported Mark Hughes was deliberately ignored in summer because Lerner is good friend of Al-Fayed's.

Well we should go and get him now. He looks like Mourinho compared to McLeish.

MARK HUGHES.

Was widely reported Mark Hughes was deliberately ignored in summer because Lerner is good friend of Al-Fayed's.

Just to put this into context, the potential future success of our great old club, compromised by a friendship between 2 buisinessmen who have shown themselves to know nothing of the game of football.

Paul Lambert? Great up and coming manager who gets his team playing attractive and effective football. Far better than the useless tw*t we have at the moment.

Then again, the main problem is Lerner. Hope he sells up to someone responsible soon and puts his English experiment to bed.

MARK HUGHES.

Just to put this into context, the potential future success of our great old club, compromised by a friendship between 2 buisinessmen who have shown themselves to know nothing of the game of football.

how can you say that? Al fayed put a statue of Michael Jackson outside craven cottage! Only a footballing man would do that

MARK HUGHES.

how can you say that? Al fayed put a statue of Michael Jackson outside craven cottage! Only a footballing man would do that

...and them told the fans to "go to hell" if they didn't like it.

Paul Lambert? Great up and coming manager who gets his team playing attractive and effective football. Far better than the useless tw*t we have at the moment.

Then again, the main problem is Lerner. Hope he sells up to someone responsible soon and puts his English experiment to bed.

Just to put into perspective, Wigan's manager turned us down. Wigan. Why would Norwich's manager want to come and work for a club that may well end up lower in the league than Norwich?

I have to say it's getting a bit tiring seeing people post McLeish out, useless manager, worst in the country etc... If people want him to be sacked, who do they actually think we can get as a replacement. That's the problem and why I don't think he'll be sacked. Managing Aston Villa is a thankless task, we've got high expectations, because of our previous glories, but money is not being invested so unless your a bit of a miracle worker you'll probably be deemed a failure, even if you're doing an ok job.

I'll put my money where my mouth is, if McLeish was fired, if we wanted any manager in the Premiership to leave their club and come to us it'll have to be someone who's not higher than us and has run their course at the club... The only one I can pick out is Mick McCarthy, maybe QPR's owners will go for a foreign manager in the summer so Neil Warnock? If things don't improve at Bolton, maybe Owen Coyle will become availalble.

Anyone unattached at mo - well Nigel Worthington just left the Northern Ireland job, he was ok at Norwich. And in the Championship Sven left / was fired by Leicester and Steve McLaren is available after a disastrous stint at Nottingham Forest. The only manager I could see happy to leave their side in the Championship is Tony Mowbary, doing well at Boro but no guarantee they'll go up, or Leeds manager and fomer Villa player Simon Grayson.

So McLeish out??? Then we face the prospect being managed by one of these: McCarthy, Warnock, Coyle (?), Worthington, McLaren, Sven, Mowbary or Grayson. I'm not sure any of these would do a better job.

I am sorry, but that whole post smacks of "better to drown than be on fire" pessimism and I am tired of defeatist comments about Villa. We are a big club, with a respectable playing staff and a first class facility.

The biggest issue is this bullshit interview phase which again smacks of lack of football knowledge. If you want a manager, you do your homework first and you go get him. You interview if you dont have the football knowledge to understand WHY you want the manager.

McLeish is a complete non entity and I said this months ago, but he was never, ever going to succeed here. His background was there for all to see and those expecting some sort of "road to damascus" footballing philosophy conversion were really hoping.

My biggest concern though is that he was even considered as being suitable to manage Villa. Whoever made this decision within the Villa Park corridors of power deserves to be dipped in balti source and thrown to the Holte End. Absolute diabolical piece of thinking and unfathomable logic.

while we're changing the owner and manager can we also plase replace the entire backroom staff?

the failings on the pitch this season can not only be due to bad tactics/managemnt but also bad coaching

We have a reserve team which is actually our kids who have run away with their league for the last few seasons, a U19 squad who won their group in the futures european competition beating teams like Ajax along the way and a pedigree for bringing kids through to the first team squad.

But you want to remove the backroom staff?

The only staff i would remove are those brought in by McLeish as the coaching throughout the club seems fine, its just the first team squad where nobody appears to have a bloody clue.

Just to put into perspective, Wigan's manager turned us down. Wigan. Why would Norwich's manager want to come and work for a club that may well end up lower in the league than Norwich?

He was only invited to an interview. Whelan turned it into a massive PR stunt.

not to mention that Mark Hughes is unattac hed and one of he most promising English managers around for many years - i have him here in a heartbeat!!

You mean former captain and manager of Wales, born in Wrexham Hughes? Yeah definately one of the most promising English managers around. :D

while we're changing the owner and manager can we also plase replace the entire backroom staff?

the failings on the pitch this season can not only be due to bad tactics/managemnt but also bad coaching

We have a reserve team which is actually our kids who have run away with their league for the last few seasons, a U19 squad who won their group in the futures european competition beating teams like Ajax along the way and a pedigree for bringing kids through to the first team squad.

But you want to remove the backroom staff?

The only staff i would remove are those brought in by McLeish as the coaching throughout the club seems fine, its just the first team squad where nobody appears to have a bloody clue.

sorry, perhaps i should rephrase and say the first team backroom staff?

MARK HUGHES.

Do you really think the board chose AMC over Mark Hughes in the first place?

Why would Mark Hughes come here with no money to spend and having to trim the wage bill. He left Fulham for "lack of ambition".... we are no different.

not to mention that Mark Hughes is unattac hed and one of he most promising English managers around for many years - i have him here in a heartbeat!!

You mean former captain and manager of Wales, born in Wrexham Hughes? Yeah definately one of the most promising English managers around. :D

another fine point one of the most promising "British" managers around :D

Â