The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I am no lover of MON (his tactics were boring, his stubbornness and confusion over substitutions were amazing and he left us in the shit) but how the hell is it that he has managed to get Blunderland above us in the league after only a few games??

Alex McLeish has managed only 5 wins all season yet this throwback to the eighties has managed 4 wins in 6!!!!!!

McLeish has to go now.

Well thats simple to answer, MON despite what you might think of him is a great motivator of players, he installs belief and passion in his players and more often than not they have a go and you cant knock that. MON's football is not pretty but its effective, he knows how to set his team up and they get the ball forward.

You say MON is a throwback to the 80's but what the hell is McLeish then?????

MON is a much better manager than McLeish and its as simple as that, take away the money and wages he wastes which is his biggest problem but other than that I would imagine quite alot of clubs would like to have him in charge. I for one am not suprised one bit he has won 4 out 6 if I'm honest. I'm just dreading the day when Sunderland come to Villa Park and give us a good hiding :(

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no lover of MON (his tactics were boring, his stubbornness and confusion over substitutions were amazing and he left us in the shit) but how the hell is it that he has managed to get Blunderland above us in the league after only a few games??

Alex McLeish has managed only 5 wins all season yet this throwback to the eighties has managed 4 wins in 6!!!!!!

McLeish has to go now.

Well thats simple to answer, MON despite what you might think of him is a great motivator of players, he installs belief and passion in his players and more often than not they have a go and you cant knock that. MON's football is not pretty but its effective, he knows how to set his team up and they get the ball forward.

MON is a much better manager than McLeish and its as simple as that, take away the money and wages he wastes which is his biggest problem but other than that I would imagine quite alot of clubs would like to have him in charge. I for one am not suprised one bit he has won 4 out 6 if I'm honest. I'm just dreading the day when Sunderland come to Villa Park and give us a good hiding :(

I agree that MON is a better manager than McLeish. McLeish is just a throwback full stop.

If Blunderland win at VP all hell will break loose!!

McLeish has to go now.

I agree that MON is a better manager than McLeish. McLeish is just a throwback full stop.

If Blunderland win at VP all hell will break loose!!

agreed.

MON as just a pure day-to-day football manager, under a Director of Football such as Houllier would probably be a winning combination.

everton is a big game for us, if we go into the sunderland game having lost that and get spanked on the return to villa park for MON it's going to look desperate. it'll be a BIG blow in the confidence stakes for the squad and i'm not sure AM is the man to turn that kind of situation around.

we all knew MONs limitations, but just look at what he has done at sunderland straight away with an injury hit squad. puts the last 18 months or so in perspective really.

MON as just a pure day-to-day football manager, under a Director of Football such as Houllier would probably be a winning combination.

I agree to an extent with what you're saying and in theory a combination like that would be a dream but that would never ever work in the real world.

For one MON is way to stubborn to work under a DoF and his ego would never allow it. I think if you want a DoF you would need to have a very good relationship between the manager and DoF. It seems that every time this is tried in England it blows up after a bit of time.

An experienced football manager (with good connections) as DoF and then a younger manager who is up and coming and a strong character could work well IMO. They would have to work together as a team and given the right combination I think that is the way forward.

We've scored 1 goal out of the last 4 home games.

Looks like this 'manager' is going to break alot of negative records at this club.

I believe he is our first ginger manager :|

Sorry to remind you but we had Billy McTwat and he got us relegated - notice the similarities now?

I hate what our yank owner has done to us. We've been in the Premier League since it started and alot of teams are miles ahead of us. He hired this USELESS waste of space who isn't fit to manage at football nevermind us and he's not gonna do anything about it. Something has to be done in the Everton game.

He aint going anywhere...you can sing, dance, protest, throw eggs, wank or whatever but RL wont get rid of him. So what's the point in getting so worked up about it? Just get behind the team in the games. It's all we can do of any use, no matter how much we disagree with it.

SHA got behind the team and they got punished for being patient with McLeish. I quite like the idea I'm hearing about everyone bringing their newspapers and reading them for the next home game. Anything to belittle McLeish and the board is good in my book.

SHA got behind the team and they got punished for being patient with McLeish. I quite like the idea I'm hearing about everyone bringing their newspapers and reading them for the next home game. Anything to belittle McLeish and the board is good in my book.

says a lot.

says a lot.

Seeing as they've already done it to us, it's only kind to return the favour.

says a lot.

Seeing as they've already done it to us, it's only kind to return the favour.

two wrongs dont make a right.

Protests are a waste of time. There is no way the Board will dump McLeish this season. If they were going to it would have to be now and I can't see that happening. Can you?

I could even see him being backed a bit in the transfer market by the Board as a statement of intent though I seriously fear who he might buy.

The vast majority of fans can see the appointment of McLeish was a huge mistake. Not because he was Blues manager, that has never bothered me, but because he is a poor manager. Why can't the Board see that, surely they cannot be that stupid?

He had managed to take a pretty decent squad of players and turn then into clowns. We now play negative, boring football, we struggle to score goals and we are sliding towards the bottom end of the table.

The net effect is attendances are falling and I think unless something radical happens in the summer, assuming are are still in the top flight, season ticket sales will be shredded.

Overall not very smart.

I have to say it's getting a bit tiring seeing people post McLeish out, useless manager, worst in the country etc... If people want him to be sacked, who do they actually think we can get as a replacement. That's the problem and why I don't think he'll be sacked. Managing Aston Villa is a thankless task, we've got high expectations, because of our previous glories, but money is not being invested so unless your a bit of a miracle worker you'll probably be deemed a failure, even if you're doing an ok job.

I'll put my money where my mouth is, if McLeish was fired, if we wanted any manager in the Premiership to leave their club and come to us it'll have to be someone who's not higher than us and has run their course at the club... The only one I can pick out is Mick McCarthy, maybe QPR's owners will go for a foreign manager in the summer so Neil Warnock? If things don't improve at Bolton, maybe Owen Coyle will become availalble.

Anyone unattached at mo - well Nigel Worthington just left the Northern Ireland job, he was ok at Norwich. And in the Championship Sven left / was fired by Leicester and Steve McLaren is available after a disastrous stint at Nottingham Forest. The only manager I could see happy to leave their side in the Championship is Tony Mowbary, doing well at Boro but no guarantee they'll go up, or Leeds manager and fomer Villa player Simon Grayson.

So McLeish out??? Then we face the prospect being managed by one of these: McCarthy, Warnock, Coyle (?), Worthington, McLaren, Sven, Mowbary or Grayson. I'm not sure any of these would do a better job.

Â