The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

If he was doomed from the start, he has done himself no favours at all with the lack of passion on the pitch, the negativity, lack of shots on target, lack of attacking, strange substitutions and use of players etc etc.

this is my exact point.

how can say its mcleish's fault, the negativity and lack of attacking is down to the players.

the negativity is this silly stereotype people are pinning to him because people have heard blues fans say it.

as for lack of attacking

N zogbia Ireland Gabi

Bent

dosent look very negative and non attacking to me

PLAYERS FAULT, not managers.

just because he came from blues dosent make him our enemy.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good representation of the negativity was v Swansea. Gabby played up front v Chelsea and had an excellent game, Bent was brought back in and Gabby played RW. However rather than being an attacking winger he has the primary role of stopping their LB(Taylor) from making runs forward to support Routledge. All game Gabby had to follow them as if he was support for Cuellar rather than threaten the opposition, in which case he didn't because he was never in a position to do so.

I saw in someones sig about a commentator making a comment about how we tactically set up to stop teams rather than beat than look to beat them. (See the Tottenham game as a great example.)

If he was doomed from the start, he has done himself no favours at all with the lack of passion on the pitch, the negativity, lack of shots on target, lack of attacking, strange substitutions and use of players etc etc.

this is my exact point.

how can say its mcleish's fault, the negativity and lack of attacking is down to the players.

the negativity is this silly stereotype people are pinning to him because people have heard blues fans say it.

as for lack of attacking

N zogbia Ireland Gabi

Bent

Well then we need to sack him anyway if he can't get his swashbuckling system he wants to operate working after all this time. The players must really hate him to do the opposite of what he asks when they go out on the pitch.

Listing attacking players is pointless if they aren't being asked to play in an attacking formation. And they aren't. I can tell this by simply opening my eyes and watching the way we play.

this is my exact point.

as for lack of attacking

N zogbia Ireland Gabi

Bent

the players play to the system the manager wants

if you were talking of 1 game then fair enough, the players got it wrong, we are talking of the whole season, with 1 or 2 blips where it seems the team have ignored the ginger clunge an set themselves up and played well.

he tried to defend his shit brand of anti football when he arrived saying he only played that way at the scum because he was playing to the players at his disposals strengths ( forgetting he had been there for 3 seasons, relegating the scum on both occassions in the premier league, a 100% failure record, with his own players he chose to sign)

he will not change, he may be a decent championship type manager, the level the scottish premier league is, however he has proven in his 2 seasons in the top fllight and getting his team relegated on both occassions, he is a poor manager.

there is nothing to back up anything other than he is a shit manager, the only thing he has for him is one of the luckiest cup runs known to man and then in the final playing against the worst performance i have ever seen from an arsenal team under wenger, they were not capable of a simple pass under no pressure. they then only fluked a goal after the predictable hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffff to their 6 foot 6 forward who bumbled the ball into the net after a complete **** up between keeper and defender.

then all 11 practically stood on the goal line for the remainder of the match.

so a cup win, a cup win v 2 relegations? hmm

what brings in more money? what would the fans rather have?

and to top it off, all his football was exactly the **** same, shit boring dire , lacking any kind of ideas, invention, skill, just kick it as hard and high in the air as possible and keep your fingers crossed.

mistakenly he thinks it will be a 50/50 each time so we are bound to get some results due to hoofing in the air.

this single appointment has cost aston villa fc hugely, financially, on the pitch and as a global brand.

employing fukner was the single biggest mistake because i believe it was he rather than randy who chose and made the appointment of the ginger clunge. it was also he that argued with MON before MON left, he was photoed laughing and joking with randy a couple hours after MON quit.

you can blame the manager all you like, thats all anyone seems to want to do in this feed anyway.

if you werent watching matches with such a bias opinion you might notice something a bit different.

its so easy for everyone to point the finger at mcleish but people are blaming him for every single thing that happens on the pitch.

as for gabby playing RW, against arsenal he played down the middle and the amount of times he drifted wide and we needed someone in the box was ridiculous, if bent was playing i think we would have won that game.

at the end of the day you can say the players play to the system theyre told to.

so the manager plays 4 2 3 1 and then tells the players not to attack?

wrong.

i have seen fans in the holte end stand up and shout at mcleish when a pass goes wrong and its absolutely pathetic.

in the last 4 games collins has stopped hoofing and heskey has stopped playing yet people are STILL unhappy.

we are now one of the teams who fall into the catagory of not bieng man u man city chelsea arsenal liverpool tottenham

we are fighting with the rest and that is why we win 1 week and not the next.

we are average. okay you can say we have a better squad. but really do we?

I have seen bent miss countless chances this season that a "goalscorer" would have scored, he hardly does any work at all up front and is not really helping a lot at the moment.

our keepers have shown good form this season

defensively we have faults mainly in our full backs.

what makes our midfield better than Fulhams, sunderlands or evertons?

ok ireland and nzogbia are starting to look a bit better which may help but i just cant see why everyone thinks were underperforming.

oh sorry i forgot..... its the manager

We have a team that's good at attack but poor at defence. But we have a manager who's poor at attack but supposely good at defence. He isn't though. If he was good at defence he would have done good job as MON, or at least near the level. It's basically the level of Houllier's mamangement. Stratch that, it's actually worse and that's truly questionable. McLeish can't even identify good defenders because there's no way a manager who wants a good defence would buy Hutton for 4 million.

you can blame the manager all you like, thats all anyone seems to want to do in this feed anyway.

if you werent watching matches with such a bias opinion you might notice something a bit different.

its so easy for everyone to point the finger at mcleish but people are blaming him for every single thing that happens on the pitch.

as for gabby playing RW, against arsenal he played down the middle and the amount of times he drifted wide and we needed someone in the box was ridiculous, if bent was playing i think we would have won that game.

at the end of the day you can say the players play to the system theyre told to.

so the manager plays 4 2 3 1 and then tells the players not to attack?

wrong.

i have seen fans in the holte end stand up and shout at mcleish when a pass goes wrong and its absolutely pathetic.

in the last 4 games collins has stopped hoofing and heskey has stopped playing yet people are STILL unhappy.

we are now one of the teams who fall into the catagory of not bieng man u man city chelsea arsenal liverpool tottenham

we are fighting with the rest and that is why we win 1 week and not the next.

we are average. okay you can say we have a better squad. but really do we?

I have seen bent miss countless chances this season that a "goalscorer" would have scored, he hardly does any work at all up front and is not really helping a lot at the moment.

our keepers have shown good form this season

defensively we have faults mainly in our full backs.

what makes our midfield better than Fulhams, sunderlands or evertons?

ok ireland and nzogbia are starting to look a bit better which may help but i just cant see why everyone thinks were underperforming.

oh sorry i forgot..... its the manager

who picks the team?

whop watches them in training every day?

who instructs the coaches on what style of football to play?

who picks the tactics before the match?

who picks the tactis and substitutions if things are not going right , during the match?

who choses who we sign?

if the answer to these and many more questions is " the manager" you have your answer

you can try and excuse all of the above and pretend it is down to someone else, the odd game maybe down to players not performing or having an off game.

when they do it week in week out but still play, who is responsible for them still playing?

when they still play negative anti football, something which anyone with any common sense will have known we would turn into after last year of quick passing from midfield, running and movement off the ball to stand stick and look up in the air for the ball?

whose fault is that?

we are conforming to every team the ginger clunge has ever managed and you dont think it is down to the manager?

you need to get real im afraid.

no mate you need to get real im afraid

quick passing in midfield came from young and downing.

SOLD

as for your questions

who picks the team? the manager - whats been wrong with his team selection lately?

he watches them train everyday and picks the right team if you ask me

i dont think our style of football is that bad, i think we dont have someone creative enough to make us look any better which is why it is good ireland n nzogbia are getting better.

what do you know about what tactics he tells the players to use???

from what i can see hes told collins to stop hoofing the ball up all the time and try and pass so that throws hoof and anti football out the window

and he hasnt exactly chosen many signings yet has he so lets give him a bit longer on that one.

he cant sign much worse than martin oneil did. any good manager with MON's budget would have signed a lot better players and we would have a lot more to show for it than we do now.

you can say im making excuses but everyone else is making excuses to hate him.

how about people start taking some positives.

oh maybe not cause mcleish is so negative himself so why dont all us supporters be the same

no mate you need to get real im afraid

quick passing in midfield came from young and downing.

SOLD

as for your questions

who picks the team? the manager - whats been wrong with his team selection lately?

he watches them train everyday and picks the right team if you ask me

i dont think our style of football is that bad, i think we dont have someone creative enough to make us look any better which is why it is good ireland n nzogbia are getting better.

what do you know about what tactics he tells the players to use???

from what i can see hes told collins to stop hoofing the ball up all the time and try and pass so that throws hoof and anti football out the window

and he hasnt exactly chosen many signings yet has he so lets give him a bit longer on that one.

he cant sign much worse than martin oneil did. any good manager with MON's budget would have signed a lot better players and we would have a lot more to show for it than we do now.

you can say im making excuses but everyone else is making excuses to hate him.

how about people start taking some positives.

oh maybe not cause mcleish is so negative himself so why dont all us supporters be the same

im guessing you havent watch much of this seasons games then?

positives are not just for positives sake

were **** shit... hi 5 every one... yeah whooppppy

what good does it do to kid yourself that we are not in a tremendous amount of trouble on and off the pitch?

he has had a whole preseason and picked who HE WANTS when he made his signings, the reason we havent replaced young and downing is BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT US TO PLAY THAT WAY! it is not a trick or something, he plays the same now as he ALWAYS has

what makes you think he will suddenly change now?

season ticket holder for 13 years, and im only 20!!!! so no need to question how many games ive seen

i dont see all this anti football people talk about, i see a lack of creativity and quality

we are in a battle with 14 other teams like i have said a few times.

all we can do is try to be the best of the rest.

the reason we havent replaced young and downing is cause we havent got the money.

we bought nzogbia who is extremely similar to those 2 players, okay we havent seen the best of him yet but still...

you keep making up excuses to dislike mcleish cause he came from the blues and ill keep bieng realistic.

Yes correct it was because he came from the scum and nothing to do with anti-football, putting out teams to defend a 0-0 win, getting relegated twice, and finishing third in a two horse race. So yes, correct.

like ive said countless times, playing ireland nzogbia agbonlahor and bent out all in 1 team, yeah looks like a front 4 going out to defend a "0-0 win"

correct?

he didnt have the best players at his expense at blues but they all put 100% in week in week out, rare you see it from our players.

the manager is takin all the flack for the fact we have no creation on the pitch, and you can blame him for that all you like but hes not controlling the players from the sidelines.

Thanks for telling me that I condemned him before he was given a real chance, it is nice to know I had, didn't realise. Even when I was saying he should be given a chance and supporting him I had no idea I was actually condemning him.

I also had no idea he hadn't dropped players who makes mistakes time and time again, I also didn't realise that having an average of 2 shots on target per home game and not scoring in 4 our of the last 6 and also losing the last 4 was something I had to support.

I also didn't realise playing Heskey on the left and Hutton on the right, or playing 6 defenders against Spurs to counter one player who then wins the match for them was something I could and would accept as absolutely fantastic game play.

I'll leave it there and admit, it is because he came from the blues.

Cheers.

i didnt realise it was the manager who has the shots in the game?

or the one who creates chances by making moves in the centre of midfield?

you just keep slagging off our "negative" manager by doing such "positive" things as booing players such as hutton when they get bought on as a sub.

Well he chooses the team, obviously if they are not doing what they should, it must be something to do with the management of the team. An even bigger problem if what you are suggesting is true and they don't listen to him. I didn't think of it that way!

youve just contradicted yourself horribly,

if the players arent doing what they should its the managers fault??? dosent quite make sense

so if your doing something wrong when your at work its your managers fault??

im not suggesting theyre not listening, im suggesting that were not playing any better than we did with houlier so therefore its the players not the manager in the first place.

im not suggesting theyre not listening, im suggesting that were not playing any better than we did with houlier so therefore its the players not the manager in the first place.

Or - and this may seem a bit incredible to you, so bear with me - they are both poor managers and therefore both got rubbish performances out of the players.

Â