The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

That said, AM is known for his defensive coaching abilities....

I think that this could be one of life's myths and legends.

You would think after 6 months of working with these guys that he would have addressed this problem?

Exactly my point.

He's known for being a defensive coach....

... but he's now better known for being a poor coach. Period.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these comments about our defence and our defensive frailities are so true. And I have previously posted querying why in the continual shipping of poor goals AMc fails to consider Cuellar and/or Clark? Presumably he would say he has tried things on the training pitch and this is his preferred defence for the game in question (which appears to be every game).

I still cannot in anyway see the man being fired by this board or this Chairman at anytime in the near future, unless we drop to the bottom and stay there and even then I wonder if they would take such mid-season action. If this is a correct reading of the situation; what are we as true, loyal fans of this great, historic Club to do?

Hold onto the raft, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Get behind him? We are all in this together. And please I'm no Blue-nose or great McLeish fan, just a Villan through and through, for the last fifty years.

Or what else? It's a fan's right to criticise and boo the team (though I never would), but where's it getting us?

Probably because he wants Carlos off the wage bill in January if possible but if not definately in the summer. They tried to flog him last summer so they aren't about to start building a defence around him, got to reduce that wage bill don't you know.

What happens when the wage bill is reduced ?

Probably because he wants Carlos off the wage bill in January if possible but if not definately in the summer. They tried to flog him last summer so they aren't about to start building a defence around him, got to reduce that wage bill don't you know.

We have to reduce it some more as parachute payments don't last forever?

The defence wasn't great that's clear for all to see.

But imo the midfield didn't do them any favours either. Abrighton, Delph and insomnia all did a sterling job of making Petrov look invluable in the middle of the park. It was nice to see the boys attempt to pass the ball about but they just looked completely out of their depth, for the most part it was proper schoolboy stuff, head down running with the ball, look up realise they've run to within a yard of another Villa player then play the 1 yard pass. Anything further than that was likely to go wayward.

Liverpool knew we had nothing going forward and their fullback helped double up on ours, the ball kept coming back at the defence with little or no respite, imo good defenders would have struggled to keep a clean sheet yesterday and the players we have to slect from are far fom good.

It's difficult to pinpoint where the blame should fall, and reality in probably falls upon a number of individuals but football is cutthroat, and as I said throughout the seaon last year on 606, the responsibility falls squarley on the shoulders of the manager, no matter what the players do, no matter what the direction is from the board, the only mman who is realistically going to lose his job is the manager.

Now what happens over the next 5 weeks or so will indicate what the owner actually thinks about the manager's performance, but I'm very concerned that McLeish is actually meeting his objectives for the year and little will be done in Jan if anything. I fear this is what us fans can expect for a good few seasons to come.

We sit safely in whatever league we're in knowing that income is in line with expenditure.

I am certainly not expecting any sort of increase in expenditure once the highly paid but poor performaers are eventually out the door. Our current wage bill is unsustainable, and income certainly wont be increased anytime soon, so all I can see is more cost cutting unitl the wage bil is down to the right level, then attempts to buy decent players within that limit (which is very difficult with a poor manager and a club that isn't winning anything).

We have to reduce it some more as parachute payments don't last forever?

That made me chuckle, thanks. :D

While I don't think we will go down the problem is as we reduce the wage bill we become a worse team and income from ticket sales and league position etc will be reduced which means the wage/income ratio increases meaning.... you guessed it we need to reduce the wage bill.

So although you were joking there is an element of truth in it. Sadly.

Alternatively I guess we could always use the extra wages for a couple more cracking McLeish signings like Jenas and Hutton, I wonder who Spurs are looking to get rid of this January?

Listening to Darren Lewis (Mirror Reporter I think) on talkSPORT this morning and he thinks Bent may leave in January as the way we play is killing his game. This is ridiculous, we finally get a quality number 9 and our shit manager sets us up to not utilise him. N'Zogbia managed to create chances for Rodallega over the last couple of seasons so why is Bent so under supplied.

I'm sorry but if we don't get rid of McLeish we will lose Bent and then we will be really screwed.

I would rather we took a gamble on Poyet than stick with this bellend in charge. He has all of Houllier's bad points and none of his (limited) good ones.

Listening to Darren Lewis (Mirror Reporter I think) on talkSPORT this morning and he thinks Bent may leave in January as the way we play is killing his game. This is ridiculous, we finally get a quality number 9 and our shit manager sets us up to not utilise him. N'Zogbia managed to create chances for Rodallega over the last couple of seasons so why is Bent so under supplied.

I'm sorry but if we don't get rid of McLeish we will lose Bent and then we will be really screwed.

I would rather we took a gamble on Poyet than stick with this bellend in charge. He has all of Houllier's bad points and none of his (limited) good ones.

Bent needs to look at himself also. He has missed a fair few chances this season. He missed 2 guilt edged ones at Bolton

To be fair it's easy to to put 2 + 2 together and come up with 5 where Bent is concerned this season, the ingredients are all there for some lazy journalism, he's not getting decent service, not scoring many, he'll be concerned about his England place with a major tournament coming up in the summer and Villa of course are looking to save money at every opportunity.

The issue being who'll buy him, we won't take too much of a hit on the fee (I'd have thought) aand not many clubs can afford his wages. Liverpool might be interested if they've given up on Caroll and he could link up with with Suarez, other than that perhaps Sunderland might try and get him back now they'll be flashing the cash to keep MoN happy?

I think he's certainly be considering his options and we'd c;learly be happy to get his wages off the books so who knows.

If it happens and it appears that ifi t does Zamora is being lined up as his replacement then that will be the final nail in Lerner's coffin and would see mass protests/boycots at the ground.

Let's not be too hard on Bent, whilst he may not give a shit about the club he undoubtedly does care about his career, and with the Euros coming up he'll want to make sure he's in with a shout of a place in the National side.

We cant expect all our players to be as emotional about the club as we are, when it happens it's great and its why Gabby will always be a hero despite not being the best player at the club. All we can really ask is that player is professional, and I'm sure this season in particular Bent will be as worried about the misses as we are.

I posted this in the Randy Lerner thread that there is no chance of McLeish getting the push. Lerner put up with this and worse last season under the previous clown we had managing us when after 19 games we were sat on 20 points in 15th place,after 21 games when we were sat on 21 points in 18th place and after 30 games when we were sat on 33 points in 14th place one point above the drop zone. Also this was despite serving up gutless tripe and the crowd having turned on Houllier in December and him getting the worst crowd reaction/abuse I've seen towards any manager at the end of the Wolves game in March.

Yes we know your thoughts on Houllier Mark, how wrong were you?

Satisfied now?

I posted this in the Randy Lerner thread that there is no chance of McLeish getting the push. Lerner put up with this and worse last season under the previous clown we had managing us when after 19 games we were sat on 20 points in 15th place,after 21 games when we were sat on 21 points in 18th place and after 30 games when we were sat on 33 points in 14th place one point above the drop zone. Also this was despite serving up gutless tripe and the crowd having turned on Houllier in December and him getting the worst crowd reaction/abuse I've seen towards any manager at the end of the Wolves game in March.

houllier was bad but mcleish is twenty times worse. spineless and gutless manager who doesnt take risks and gives up

Â