The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think everyone should boycott the games now, show them what we think, Brothers and Sisters!

er, anyone with a ST who is standing against this disgusting oppression, I'll take it off your hands for the Arsenal game please :)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 young managers in the Premier league who would do a fine job at our club,Lambert (Norwich) or Rogers (Swansea).Both have worked minor miracles at their respective clubs to make them competitive,playing attractive football.In fact Rogers in reality has worked a major miracle with the team that faced Newcastle last Saturday costing a mere £7M in total and a back 4 comprising of a 19,20,and 21 year old with the 4th member Williams arriving at Swansea via non league and Stockport for £500K.Compared to McLeish, Lambert and Rogers are managerial geniuses.

I'm actually laughing right now thinking back. When the manager search began at June the threads were very active. I think overall there was at least 1000 pages. We were all over excited as well. Was it gonna be Ancelotti, Benitez, Moyes etc ? and when we was being linked with Hughes some of us frowned upon him because we were so deluded that we thought we was gonna get a top elite manager.

Then about 2 weeks or so it turned out to be McLeish and everyone flipped out. How the **** did it go from Ancelotti to McLeish? So hilarious thinking back.

Hilarious??? Are you the kind of person that laughs at funerals? :P

i stopped going to the games a few months before oneill left when things started to go down hill, mainly because i can no longer afford it, the current manager and the squad performances dont deserve our support, some of the players do however for their hard work, but theyre on far too much to even realise if we arent in the stands

its a sad season for villa

Well if I'm not gonna laugh I'll cry.

Anyway, the one thing AM seems to be rather decent at the moment is he can get results against the smaller teams. Apart from West Brom where we got a red card. But wait a second...

The West Brom match was **** disgraceful regardless of the red card. We had a total of zero shots on target according to the BBC match report. I mean, how is that possible? Even with 10 men we should still be a match against West Brom. It's not like Herd was Milner and he didn't even get sent off until the 36th min. Zero shots on target at home against West Brom should be a sackable offence.

And the others we drew against were mostly lucky on our part. Even Newcastle dominated us (13 shots on target, us 3 shots on target) and this was at home as well.

I refuse to believe it's because of the kids in midfield considering they boss Man Utd (Albrighton and Bannan). It was the same rubbish defenders who let us down in that match.

Our midfield talent is being wasted under this manager.

Anyway, the one thing AM seems to be rather decent at the moment is he can get results against the smaller teams. Apart from West Brom where we got a red card. But wait a second...

The West Brom match was **** disgraceful regardless of the red card. We had a total of zero shots on target according to the BBC match report. I mean, how is that possible? Even with 10 men we should still be a match against West Brom. It's not like Herd was Milner and he didn't even get sent off until the 36th min. Zero shots on target at home against West Brom should be a sackable offence.

And the others we drew against were mostly lucky on our part. Even Newcastle dominated us (13 shots on target, us 3 shots on target) and this was at home as well.

I refuse to believe it's because of the kids in midfield considering they boss Man Utd (Albrighton and Bannan). It was the same rubbish defenders who let us down in that match.

**** me, i agree with you :shock:

**** me, i agree with you :shock:

This is Villatalk, not adultfriendfinder mate.

I want RAFA doubt we'd get him though. Not sure about these untested managers like Lambert etc last season Coyle was flavour of the month but nobody would want him now.

Hughes I really wouldn't want he's done nothing at managerial level but I'd take him over Mcleish.

About where I am. What happened to Grayson? Solid manager, old Villa man, bit like Little? Played under Martin O'Neill so may have picked up some of the motivational techniques which Lambert seems to have.

To me Lambert is very overrated. His team are like Blackpool last season and ship more goals than us and a lot worse defensively as well. Can see them going down unless he works on his defence

Norwich are hardly likely to be the finished article are they. This time 2 years ago they were in League One. Back to back promotions is a fantastic achievement. If he keeps them in the Premiership this season he will have done an unbelievable job especially when you consider that in bringing them up two divisions and having them currently in the top ten in the Prem he has spent just 8 mill on players.

I think he'll keep them up and I think he is destined to manage a much bigger club.

I actually don't think Lambert is overated.

What he has done has been unbelievable at Norwich and in the way he has done it.

I agree with markavfc40 in i think he genuinely might become a top manager. There is something bit special about him.

And for the record i never rated Owen Coyle as much .

But it shouldn't go unnoticed just how his Bolton side have been decimated by injuries (Stuart Holden, Young-Lee) players loans coming to end (Sturridge) , and players being sold (Elmander)

and age catching up with Kevin Davis.

He has a lot of genuine excuses for them being in the rut that they currently are.

If we're gonna lose in the same fashion against Arsenal I hope they'll thrash us. I'm not even kidding. The scorelines we got against Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool have been extremely generous and doesn't reflect just how much of a bad job AM is doing. It wasn't because of our solid defence. It was because the opposition players weren't clinical enough. We've been extremely lucky not to lose by numerous amounts and it's giving AM alot of credit despite the defeats.

If we're gonna lose in the same fashion against Arsenal I hope they'll thrash us. I'm not even kidding. The scorelines we got against Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool have been extremely generous and doesn't reflect just how much of a bad job AM is doing. It wasn't because of our solid defence. It was because the opposition players weren't clinical enough. We've been extremely lucky not to lose by numerous amounts and it's giving AM alot of credit despite the defeats.
I kind of see where you're coming from. Obviously I want us to win but if we're going to just lie down and submit then what difference does a few goals make? At least the latter will get headlines and draw attention to the piss poor manager.

I kind of see where you're coming from. Obviously I want us to win but if we're going to just lie down and submit then what difference does a few goals make? At least the latter will get headlines and draw attention to the piss poor manager.

Yeah I would like us to win or even draw. But if we're gonna lose I hope it's big because it would cause an uproar at Villa Park. At the moment, fans are just bored of it all and still remain rather indifferent we're losing top 6 teams by a marginal gap. But if it was a big gap, it would set the wheels into motion faster.

Â