The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

i didnt hear it, but my dad said before the game mcleish was asked about the missing players and he said it wouldnt be an excuse, he saw it as an opportunity for guys like the fonz. and now we have lost he is using it as an excuse.

mind you in his post match, he also said the first half was ok, we got forward and had 11 shots on goal. obviously ignoring the fact we conceded twice and all the shots were 20 yard scuffs that never troubled reina. and he has yet again said we will work on set pieces in training. he said that after man city and weve let in 8 set piece goals since.

the guy hasnt got a clue. the more it is his team, the more he works with them the worse we are getting. bent who is one of the top premier league goalscorers of the last 5 years is putting up heskey like stats, our talented youngsters are regressing. the one thing he was meant to be good at was organising a defence and he cant even do that. and would anyone trust him with money in the january window?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only big miss today was Gabby and it wasn't a case of losing him at the last minute as we knew from last Saturday he wouldn't play in this game.

Bent would have made little difference in this game and Herd has played well but is still a rookie at this level. I really couldn't see him dominating the liverpool midfield today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16129434.stm

So apparently;

- We gave as good as we got in the first half and had lots of chances.

- We have been reasonably solid in recent games.

- The fans are telling me to change it but there's not a lot I can do.

- The players have shown in many many games this season why they deserve to be at a club like Aston Villa.

- The one thing about this team is that they bounce back quite well.

It would be funny if we weren't so completely ****.

I think we'll lose our next three given how we play today and the reaction will be toxic if we fail to beat Swansea on Jan 2nd, probably as bad as it was for Houllier after Sunderland last season.
I think it'll be even worse than that. Even at his lowest I think Houllier had a lot more support than McLeish does right now. Houllier didn't have much support a lot of the time, so that just shows how united we are against McLeish. If we lose the next three in the same dire manner then I think Randy will have no choice but to sack him.

We were inconsistent under Houllier. There were some very good performances (a lot of the time against the big teams) but also some very bad ones. We're consistent under McLeish in that virtually every performance is **** dire. Couple this with the fact that McLeish has had a full pre-season and no injury crisis and it looks almost impossible for him to remain in the job for much longer.

"It's difficult to get consistent when you're coming up against some of the giants every other game."

Gone are the days when we even try to give the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool a game.

That's in line with DOL's "hones bunch of lads" comment.

Rob, you're seriously in denial if you think that was even a subpar performance. Even if Given, Gabby, Herd and Bent was in the match we would have lost quite comfortably seeing as AM can't do much against top sides with our best team available.

Can I have the lottery numbers please?

Suarez hit the woodwork twice and really overall should have got a hatrick, yet you think AM done well enough to keep it 0-2. He didn't do shit. Keeps picking the same shitty defence who let us down time and time again.

I don't recall saying that 'AM done well enough to keep it 0-2'.

I just don't think that Today's performance was as bad as a lot of people are making out. It's a loss, so it's a bad reaction on VT and all is bad in the world.

Today is just a continuation of the problem Rob, although I swear you are only here to play devils advocate.

The real stats are here:

Played 16, won 4, drawn 7, lost 5.

We had an easy start to the season against teams that were winnable. We went 4-5-1 against them and either lost or drew with everyone bar those teams that are relegation threatened.

I saw you try to justify the performance today, but your argument to keep McLeish fundamentally boils down to you do not want another manager given the fact we have had 2 in 18 months.

I am sorry, but if your business is failing you take the appropriate measures. Aston Villa is failing both on and off the pitch and there is a single point of failure whose removal would show an upturn in both. We all know who that is.

"It's difficult to get consistent when you're coming up against some of the giants every other game."

Gone are the days when we even try to give the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool a game.

Absolute joke the man is and that statement just about sums him up

GET OUT NOW YOU CLOWN

Am just back from the Liverpool match and am devastated with the result, performance and the clueless leadership we have in the form of McLeish, get the **** out sharpish before we're playing Championship football next season. Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock must all be sold too, they're utter crap and totally inept.

Now come on everyone. McLeish was not my choice as manager, although I do like the way he seems to respect and appreciate the football Club (and I know what most will say to that!). In fact for some reason I wanted Mark Hughes. But this current situation and every Villa fan knows this side will plummet down the League now, is not ALL the managers fault. He has been left with a squad with precious little quality and no depth. Yes his attempts with limited funds to improve the squad have proved unsuccesful and poorly judged to date and I have criticised him today on the match thread for not changing this poor defence around; but he has had little support from his players and has been unlucky with key injuries.

If he is staying here for the time being and in practice it would cost a fortune to sack him (athough not as much as a relegation would cost) the Club needs to find a way to freshen this squad up, preferably with some quality. And I know this won't go down well; Villa fans need to try and find a way to give him and the team support. Because there doesn't look any way that he will be fired at the moment and all the negative messages are not helping. Look at Blackburn, what is happening there is not helping their team at all.

Sack him and appoint someone else to work with the current squad with no financial support and where would that get us? Just a continuation of the malaise that we have seen since the Club had to pull back on the financial excesses of the O'Neil years.

Now come on everyone. McLeish was not my choice as manager, although I do like the way he seems to respect and appreciate the football Club (and I know what most will say to that!). In fact for some reason I wanted Mark Hughes. But this current situation and every Villa fan knows this side will plummet down the League now, is not ALL the managers fault. He has been left with a squad with precious little quality and no depth. Yes his attempts with limited funds to improve the squad have proved unsuccesful and poorly judged to date and I have criticised him today on the match thread for not changing this poor defence around; but he has had little support from his players and has been unlucky with key injuries.

If he is staying here for the time being and in practice it would cost a fortune to sack him (athough not as much as a relegation would cost) the Club needs to find a way to freshen this squad up, preferably with some quality. And I know this won't go down well; Villa fans need to try and find a way to give him and the team support. Because there doesn't look any way that he will be fired at the moment and all the negative messages are not helping. Look at Blackburn, what is happening there is not helping their team at all.

Sack him and appoint someone else to work with the current squad with no financial support and where would that get us? Just a continuation of the malaise that we have seen since the Club had to pull back on the financial excesses of the O'Neil years.

Pardew has had it worse than McLeish. Look at all the Newcastle's best players left under him this year. Yet he is doing remarkably well because he knows what he is doing.

Mc Leish was the wrong appointment, it was never going to work, the fans will not support him and the team will suffer as Villa Park has become a morgue, the football is the worst since the Mc Neill days and there are no signs it will improve, it would be best all round to admit that it is not working out and call it a day, although Randy probably won't as it will cost him big time - end result look at SHA!

Â