The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I hate it when people carp on, I think we should stickleback to the point and not treat McLeish as if he is some sort of cod.

But why sturgeon yourself with such eelings of resentment?

I love the way you are always bream to help others Gareth.

Minnow McLeish is not herring the best of seasons from an attacking sense, but we should always be able to b roach the subject.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnow McLeish is not herring the best of seasons from an attacking sense, but we should always be able to b roach the subject.

I agree that we shouldn't automatically panga to him, but for ****'s hake it's not like we're floundering about the plaice. We're ruffe and tough at the back again, we just need tarwhine a few games on the trout and we'll be basking in glory.

I love the merged thread title by the way, though surely "The Eck Files" would have been better? Picture the scene:

Barry's Boots cuts a lonely figure in a darkened room, throwing darts at a poster of Alex McLeish with the words "I don't want to believe" scrawled beneath. Though his investigative skills are undeniable, BB has been scarred by his past; tormented by a childhood incident when Alex McLeish abducted his gerbil. But the brass at Villa Park won't listen. BB believes they're involved in a conspiracy to cover up the truth, and is determined to bring justice to those responsible.

Randy Lerner, however, has a plan. He converses with a shadowy figure in the corner of his office, known only as "The General". "The General" suggests they need someone on the inside, someone who BB can place his trust in and who seemingly shares the same pessimistic outlook, but in truth can report back to them and ultimately hamper BB's crusade. Randy agrees, and picks up his phone... "Get me Richard".

I blame McLeish. I used to be a fairly positive chap (well, except for when it came to posting about Stan!!). He's only been here for 3 months or so and I'm already making Richard look positively cheerful. :winkold:

wheres this 'mcleish is tactically limited' come from?

From what I can see so far he's better at organising a team than Houllier and MON were. Houllier seemed to be abit muddled, and MON seemed to just pick 11 players and tell them to get on with it.

Wasnt a fan of the appointment, but the early signs are good.

Unbeaten in the league (there hasnt been an easy game in the prem since derby got relegated), good signings made and he is starting to get players I had written off completely playing again.

Its been decent so far and i think he has earned enough time for us to get off his back and at least give him some time.

we are stuck with him anyway as he isnt going anywhere for the forseeable, so its either give him some time and get behind him, or spend the next 12 months whinging on message boards and staying away from games. i know what id rather do..

Now, now, carlitobrigante, that sounds far too reasonable.

If you had been following these pages more closely, you would know the ONLY important fact about Eck is that he relegated SHA TWICE, an amazing achievement - the club had NEVER been relegated in its history before, had enjoyed an unbroken run of top 4 placings since the premier league began, and were benefiting from a long spell of progressive and well-funded ownership.

That clearly makes anything he achieved with Rangers, the Scotland national side, his ninth place, League Cup and European place with SHA, and his steady enough start with Villa pale into insignificance

You can't deny that McLeish has a pretty poor managerial record.
Er, yes I can.

That's exactly what I am doing.

You can deny all you like but the fact is his managerial record, especially in the Premier League, is poor.

Club honours

Motherwell 1994–1998

Scottish Premier Division runners-up (1): 1994–95

Hibernian 1998–2001

Scottish First Division winners (1): 1998–99

Scottish Cup runners-up (1): 2001

Rangers 2001–2006

Scottish Premier League winners (2): 2002–03, 2004–05

Scottish Premier League runners-up (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

Scottish Cup winners (2): 2002, 2003

Scottish League Cup winners (3): 2002, 2003, 2005

Birmingham City 2007–2011

Football League Championship runners-up (1): 2008–09

Football League Cup winners (1): 2010-11

Throw in a few relegations and a shite season with Rangers and it seems to me his record is a bit hit and miss not poor.

I don't think runners up with Rangers can be classed as honours.

true but technically he was only runner up once with Rangers as in 01/02 he came in halfway through the season.

Also he beat MON in their head to head for trophies in SPL and he is thought of as a great manager but not Eck

it seems to me his record is a bit hit and miss not poor.
That's exactly how I feel about it. His record with SHA is the same. 2 relegations, one promotion, one 9th place (highest ever for SHA in the prem) and one League cup - what could be more mixed than that?!

People who just keep droning on about 2 relegations, without looking at anything else he did with SHA or before are not only tedious, I am never going to let them drive a vehicle I am in because they would only be able to see one side of the road. :winkold:

Â