The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be pointless sacking him mid-season unless we have tapped up a world-class manager.

However sacking him at the end of the season so long as they have someone lined up that the fans would like and has a vision and a method would be acceptable for me.

What I don't want to see is Mcleish given lots of money to waste in January, thankfully I'm fairly confident this won't happen.

It would be pointless sacking him mid-season unless we have tapped up a world-class manager.

However sacking him at the end of the season so long as they have someone lined up that the fans would like and has a vision and a method would be acceptable for me.

What I don't want to see is Mcleish given lots of money to waste in January, thankfully I'm fairly confident this won't happen.

It doesn't even matter if the fans would like the new manager - all that it's important is that he's half decent, unlike McLeish.

im not here to defend AM but he has inherited a pool of players who were average at best,sold the best players..now step back for a moment & look at the big picture..he has gave super marc,ireland,delph games & they have not produced,bannan has done ok,zog been poor. AM NEEDS TO BUILD HIS SIDE

My question with this is - and I'm not saying I overtly disagree with your sentiments - does McLeish have the personal ambition to build a side that can challenge for anything rather than simply maintaining the status quo? Although he had to live with certain expectations at Rangers (some of which he met, some of which he failed to deliver), when you manage the likes of Scotland or the Blues, your primary mandate is damage limitation. With the absence of serious backing from the owner, I'm not sure McLeish has the mentality to achieve anything more. He may ultimately come to be best viewed as a custodian for team affairs until the overall situation changes, bringing enough stability that keeps us clear of the relegation mire but without the drive or quality to take the Club above upper-mid table.

In this regard, he will likely prove a more reliable bet than his predecessor - and less prone to the kind of public gaffs that made the Club a soap opera last season - but performances such as last night's or Saturday's are foreboding warnings that even this should not be taken for granted.

yes but i do feel teams from the top6 down theirs not much between them,every team can beat each other,rl has brought in AM when rl was been knocked back by other managers,we as fans never what goes on behind them doors of power,maybe ASTON VILLA are running down the contracts of the mon high wage earners? on paper the villa side last night cost £x amount,i just think AM has wiped the slate clean for ever player then he will go to see rl & say whats needed,weather rl backs him is another question

Seriously this is a knee jerk reaction thread if ever i saw one and surprisingly another go at the board.

McLeish will be here next season and the players like him and are fighting for him which didnt happen under the last manager and their will be a lot worse teams in the league come end of season

Seriously this is a knee jerk reaction thread if ever i saw one and surprisingly another go at the board.

McLeish will be here next season and the players like him and are fighting for him which didnt happen under the last manager and their will be a lot worse teams in the league come end of season

It's not a knee jerk reaction from me. I never wanted him as a manager and I still don't. I'm not screaming Mcleish Out because it's pointless, but I'd rather he wasn't our manager and that opinion has not changed.

The players didn't seem to be fighting too hard for him last night, by the way.

Of course we can't. We don't have a pot to piss in.

Trouble is they've backed themselves in a corner.

Fans don't want to go to the games as it's boring football, with one shot on target all game and little chance of seeing a win which means revenue is down.

Because we are playing shite football, our games aren't interesting to watch. Meaning exposure is down (we never used to be last on match of the day EVERY WEEK). Means sponsors pay less for their spot and we find it harder to get them.

It's not as if people were telling them this would happen. They just chose to think it was the Birmingham City connection in the arrogant way that they've treated fans over the past 18 months.

Zatman this site is all about opinions so please dont take this the wrong way, but I disagree 100% with every aspect of that post.

McLeish was the wrong man from the outset and was brought in by somebody on the board who needs slapping.

If he is still here next season, I will seriously fear for our premier league status.

The players show absolutely no signs of fighting for him, if anything, performances have been dull and uninspired with little by way of fighting spirit.

but we lost 1 game all season so far in the cup. Its hardly like we are a team in freefall. We are one of only 3 teams unbeaten in the league still.

when Villa lost 7-1 at Chelsea a more disgraceful day in Aston Villa history i dont remember many MON out threads that day

It's not a knee jerk reaction from me. I never wanted him as a manager and I still don't. I'm not screaming Mcleish Out because it's pointless, but I'd rather he wasn't our manager and that opinion has not changed.

If its not knee jerk why no Can we afford to sack McLeish threads after Newcastle or Blackburn games?

If its not knee jerk why no Can we afford to sack McLeish threads after Newcastle or Blackburn games?

I didn't start this one either. But as the conversation has come around to it, I'll give my opinion. As I say, my opinion on him has remained exactly the same.

I think this pretty much shows why McLeish shouldn't have been given the job in the first place. Unbeaten in the league and 1 loss in the cup and everyone is talking about should we sack the manager or not. Add to that McLeish has a much worse squad than the one that struggled last season, we all pretty know where this is heading.

But for me McLeish is doing ok at the moment. YES we need to improve, but the league is the be all and end all, and if we continue to pick up ok results under the restrictions he is working under (oh yes the magical backing the General was talking about), and finishes 8th-12th he has done his job.

Thats where we are now, blame McLeish all you like, but its all the fault of than man at the top.

This - I thought (and said at the time on here) it against basic human rights to appoint somebody so 'hated as a result of his previous club' and with 'such a dubious track record' to a job of such high importance. It was inhumane to put somebody in post who would not benefit from a honeymoon period with the fans. I knew that the first bad result (and NOT the first bad performance) would result in a negative uprising.

Hell, I feel the same right now. The team/club pissing the chance of cup football up the wall and in such tepid fashion really rankled with me. But who do you realistically blame?

Should it be 'Eck? Should it be Ged? Should it be MON? Or should it be the Board?

I see issues with all of them, but there is only one that has to take full responsibility.

Randy - le jeux sans fait. Malhuereusement.

Â