The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

If McLeish goes (I'd rather he didn't and would prefer a season of mid table stability) I would like to see Souness approached for the job.

:lol:

I don't really see what's funny, he's got a pretty solid record, especially when compared to McLeish or even O'Neill for that matter. I know he stated that he has no interest in management, but that was in 2009. It's always worth trying.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the state of affairs during the 2002 World Cup, a lot of people dislike Keane, myself included.

That's a whole different story.

Like I said he stated a few years back he has no interest in management, but that shouldn't write off offering him something. If you don't ask, you don't get.

"Can we afford to get rid of Mcleish "

Can we afford to get relegated?

This.

Or in other words.

What is the cost of relegation? 20m? 40m?

What is the cost of Mcleish' compensation? 3m? 5m?

If it gets any worse, Which I predict it will, then he has to go.

The whole thing is utter madness. Utter. Madness.

Why is Mcleish our manager?

I think we'll pick enough up results to always be hanging around safely mid table. I'd like a change of manager end of season unless by miracle, he manages to turn us into a team that finishes 6th-8th. Not a fan of getting rid of managers during the season unless we really are in the shit.

Like last year, stuck with manager and got out safely.

I have worked out we will pick up 9 points from our next 14 games which on New Years Day will leave us with 16 points from 19 games and Im not being pesimistic. If anyone else cant predict any more then 9 points from the next 14 games I would love to know how you managed it. I have seen every game bar 1 this season and I think 9 points from the next 14 may be generous. I said I would wait until after the QPR and Wigan games but after that dross yesterday I have hit the panic button we are dreadful, I cant remember not enjoying a season so much in the last 25 years and that includes the Venglos one :(

People made the same predictions under Houllier ...

I don't see huge points, probably between 13-16 in my book.

if you take both our predictions it leaves us somewhere between 16 and 23 points after exactly half a season. that's appalling and right on the relegation line

Why not let the man get on with his job? We have only had a few games into the season, and some here are already looking for the chop. Silly stuff.

Whats silly is your overwhelming denial.

If we let the man get on with his job, then he will most likely take us down.

They let him get on with his job at Small Heath.

And he relegated them twice.

I really don't like McLeish's tactics. He has done pretty well with our defense but offensively he has been mediocre. We are not fluid on the ball and we get very few chances per game. He really hasn't done that well. Yeah we are undefeated but we have only won once in 5.

what about Deschamps ;)
Destined for Barcelona.

But after he returns from his short city break would he come to us? He would fit right in with Randy's recruitmant policy! He doing a shit job at the moment with his current club? Maybe Randy will wait to see if he can relegate Marsielle first then he will tick all the boxes!

If McLeish goes (I'd rather he didn't and would prefer a season of mid table stability) I would like to see Souness approached for the job.

:lol:

I don't really see what's funny, he's got a pretty solid record, especially when compared to McLeish or even O'Neill for that matter. I know he stated that he has no interest in management, but that was in 2009. It's always worth trying.

The funny bit is where you said "I would like to see Souness".

Rangers - did great!

Liverpool - disaster

Galatasaray - pretty good

Southampton - disaster

Torino - disaster

Benfica - disaster

Blackburn - started well, ended in disaster

Newcastle - disaster

Sack McLeish now and we would look like a bigger joke than we already do. Although why any manager would want to come here under these fans is beyond me.

Mmmm they will come because they can sign a multi million pound contract for 3 years, do one year, get sacked and get paid up the other 2 years? Now if the only down side is some idiot booing you once a fortnight for 90 minutes then I think I could struggle on with that?? :lol:

But i agree we would (or our Board) look like a bunch of idiots? Well if that is infact possible?

Sack McLeish now and we would look like a bigger joke than we already do. Although why any manager would want to come here under these fans is beyond me.

Inded Mr Bear. I find this thread embarrassing TBH.

Although thankfully, I think you're seeing/reading the views of a noisy minority, so "under these fans" is a bit too 'catch-all' for me.

Manager makes half decent start to season, loses 1 Cup match, and the calls for his head begin.

Why not let the man get on with his job? We have only had a few games into the season, and some here are already looking for the chop. Silly stuff.

Whats silly is your overwhelming denial.

If we let the man get on with his job, then he will most likely take us down.

They let him get on with his job at Small Heath.

And he relegated them twice.

You don't see it as at all silly that people are looking for a manager who hasn't lost one of his FIVE league games in charge, to be sacked? It is silly, it's ridiculous. We're 6th in the league FFS!!

Most of us conceded that we'd at least give him a chance now that he's here......this isn't giving him a bloody chance is it?!

Â