GTA 5

Genie

The map is nowhere near as large as everyone hyped it to be.

I know what you mean but I disagree. It is big. Get in the blimp and you'll see. The city itself is massive. Its a trick on the eyes I reckon because everything is packed in next to each other i.e city next to desert next to lake next to mountain next to forest etc... It all appears smaller than it really is. The map is huge compared to most other open world games. No complaints from me. Go back to GTA iv and you'll be surprised I reckon.

So I've ended my expedition. It took me an hour to walk from the most southerly point of Vespucco (?) Beach to not quite Fort Zancudo airport. By my reckoning it'd take ~7 hours to walk all the way around the map.

Things I noticed - they've used ambient sounds to great effect ala RDR in areas away from traffic, and the water effects, draw distance, and lighting are all superb given the hardware it's running on.

One thing I did wonder - are there tides in the game? You can see different water levels along parts of the beach at times, not sure if this was just put in to suggest tides rather than there being any. If there are, then...wow. Finally, the walking mechanics/collision detection are fan **** tastic. Had a good laugh when Franklin struggled over some rock pools, only to trip up and take a tumble in to the drink.

So I'm going to steal a car and drive the rest of my trip. Once I find the road again, that is...

Can't stand Jimmy, hope we get to kill him.

Love Jimmy, probably my favourite non usable character.

Actually one minor problem with this game, you only ever work for/with a bunch of very unlikeable people. Nobody worth remembering but I suppose that's different with 3 playable characters

Does anyone else find this game hurts their eyes after a couple of hours of playing? Not sure if it's down to the low FPS or something?

My eyes hurt but I did play it from around 2 this afternoon until midnight, stopping once to eat dinner very quickly...

Does anyone else find this game hurts their eyes after a couple of hours of playing? Not sure if it's down to the low FPS or something?

Was just talking to a friend about this. Never happens with any other game.

Â