GTA 5

Genie

Would Amazon's Super Saver Delivery come through the normal post or a courier?

Pretty sure you had to hit first class not super saver to get it today. First class was free, mine turned up this morning via the normal royal mail post.

Pete – While games are more adult-oriented now, I think it is disingenuous to suggest that developers are entirely unaware of such an enormous portion of their audience. I know for a fact, as do Rockstar, that millions of the people playing this game will be teenage boys. 

That's like saying alcohol companies aim their stuff at underage people because they happen to drink it even though they're not supposed to. Believe it or not, Rockstar are not making games for kids. Speaking to any developer at all, you'll realise that that's the case. The average age of gamers is 33 globally. Kids don't have disposable income, they're a small part of the market whether you actually believe it or not. The people making the games are in their late 20s to mid 40s, they really aren't interested in what 15 year olds think or like

I hope our wives and girlfriends will find something to occupy themselves for the next few weeks.

Glad Villa aren't in the Champions League because I wouldn't be watching us tonight!

I could be playing GTA V in 10 years time and still not have to worry about gaming time clashing with a Villa UCL match!

Pete – While games are more adult-oriented now, I think it is disingenuous to suggest that developers are entirely unaware of such an enormous portion of their audience. I know for a fact, as do Rockstar, that millions of the people playing this game will be teenage boys.

That's like saying alcohol companies aim their stuff at underage people because they happen to drink it even though they're not supposed to. Believe it or not, Rockstar are not making games for kids. Speaking to any developer at all, you'll realise that that's the case. The average age of gamers is 33 globally. Kids don't have disposable income, they're a small part of the market whether you actually believe it or not. The people making the games are in their late 20s to mid 40s, they really aren't interested in what 15 year olds think or like

Alcohol companies do do that. Why else would they make brightly-coloured, sugary drinks that don't taste of alcohol?

Kids don't have disposable income, but their parents do. A small part of a huge market still accounts for millions of dollars, and I can't believe companies don't want or court these sales.

You are obviously privy to inside information, whereas I am going on my own instinct, therefore what you are saying is more authoritative and I guess I have to concede to your greater knowledge, however counterintuitive it seems.

I gave franklin the short afro and a designer stubble beard. Looks less like a generic person now. This game has stunned me, so far it has exceeded my lofty expectations.

This. One of the best games I've ever played

It came! It finally came!

FERNANDO MARTINEZ IS BACK ON MY RADIO! I've never been so happy.

Laslo has made the transition from radio to TV presenter too

Edited by Rino8
  • Like 1

I gave franklin the short afro and a designer stubble beard. Looks less like a generic person now. This game has stunned me, so far it has exceeded my lofty expectations.

I could only afford the stubble. I wanted the short afro, but I found a hooker right outside my house so I took her for a ride ;)

Laslo has made the transition from radio to TV presenter too

Aw, but I don't ever watch the TV, I like to drive around and listen to the radio

:(

So, a couple of questions for those who've played it.

1. Does it seem more fun that IV? IV took itself too seriously for me and that was one of the reasons I gravitated more to the MP which was just ridiculous entertainment.

2. Have they sorted out those **** awful checkpoint issues? The ones that nearly caused me to smash a controller or two. I don't mind a bit of repetition, but having to repeat part A and B of the same mission again to get to C was frustrating in the extreme.

Â