Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Hope the injury isnt too bad. I rate Herd alot. I went to the man city fa cup game last season when he played right back and he looked lost but this season since moving into the midfield i think he has been onsistant in an unconstiant team. Hes still learning but already looks good in my opinion so hopefully another season or 2 he could be our main man in the center of midfield.

Hope the injury isnt too bad. I rate Herd alot. I went to the man city fa cup game last season when he played right back and he looked lost but this season since moving into the midfield i think he has been onsistant in an unconstiant team. Hes still learning but already looks good in my opinion so hopefully another season or 2 he could be our main man in the center of midfield.

Don't forget he isn't that young - 23.

looks decent though.

To be fair I have been sceptical about him since his emergence because of a) his age and B) the fact that tough-tackling young midfielders tend to get a fair bit of slack from fans because they work hard and show passion - regardless of whether they're good or not.

However, Herd has shown himself to be a very capable Premier League player. He is obviously good in the tackle, but he keeps things ticking rather well on the ball too - not too much more you can ask of him. I don't recall him ever letting himself down for Villa and he's played twenty-or-so times for us now. I don't see why he can't be a Villa player for years to come. He's not the best central midfielder we've had a the club, but he's hardly been our worst and in my book is in for a shout for Player of the Year (though he's not got an awful lot of competition).

i think he's got a good spring and wins a good share of headers too, certainly better in the air than stan and especially NRC was

if you look at it that its NRC that he's replaced i think we are better off, he's far more composed on the ball

The sort of DM we've needed for a while. Mops up the mess and is surprisingly good at holding people off the ball. Not half bad in the air either.

True, he's not going to cut you that incisive pass, but he's good at what he does and has room to improve.

Don't forget he isn't that young - 23.

looks decent though.

Actually reminds me a lot of Darren Fletcher, who came through at a similar age IIRC.

The sort of DM we've needed for a while. Mops up the mess and is surprisingly good at holding people off the ball. Not half bad in the air either.

True, he's not going to cut you that incisive pass, but he's good at what he does and has room to improve.

As long as he can knock it sqaure to our new super creative world class midfielder next season I couldn't give a toss.

:D

As long as he can knock it sqaure to our new super creative world class midfielder next season I couldn't give a toss.

:D

Haha. This.

Yeah, I like the way he tried to pick a fight with the physio who came on to help him after he had been knocked out :D
I thought that was due to the head knock, looked way out of it.

Yeah, I like the way he tried to pick a fight with the physio who came on to help him after he had been knocked out :D

Oh definitely. I don't think he had any clue who he was at that point, let alone who the physio was. Still, I like that his first instinct was to pick a fight :)

Oh definitely. I don't think he had any clue who he was at that point, let alone who the physio was. Still, I like that his first instinct was to pick a fight :)

It was both scary and funny at the same time. Glad Herd is OK, he's definitely a tough kid and I think he's shown enough to keep his role in the squad going into next season.

• 3 weeks later...
Â