Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think back to young and downing and it just makes me sad to watch this guy run straight into defenders.

Probably because :

1. He's a 10m player, the pair that left were probably worth 20 and 25m. Is it any wonder he's not in their league ?

2. The two that left were often criticised on here when we DID have them!. We even had talk that Ash wasn't good enough for us. Just like the ridiculous debate some are trying to start now regarding Bent

Basically. Some of our supporters, are NEVER happy with what we have.

I've criticised him a lot but N'Zogbia has looked a lot better lately and lets not forget that a lot of our midfielders in recent years have taken time to settle in and become good players (Milner, Downing and Petrov all spring to mind). Futhermore, if we can get some form out of him and Ireland we could cause some teams some problems.

One of the most depressing sights this season is watching nzogbia run with the ball.

You think back to young and downing and it just makes me sad to watch this guy run straight into defenders.

i suppose you didnt see Ashley Young in his last 18 months here?

Milner's a better example, he took a while to even get in our team and really got going from February 2009 which was 5 months after he signed.

Exactly.

But surely people knew Milner from his previous spell at the club; a player who never was never shy of putting in a shift, even when he was poor you knew he was doing his best. Charles to be fair looks a little shy at times...

Didn't stop plenty of people questioning him on here, the 12m fee (I said he would be worth every penny and was proved right), his crossing ability, his shooting, why he wasn't scoring more goals.

I remember at the time Rocafella (whatever happened to him, a right whinge bag even when we were doing well) saying we should've signed SWP instead!

As someone earlier in this thread said, or another one not sure, they sat next to Martinez at a recent game and he commented we will never get the best out of him playing him deep left sided he is at his best playing free on the right as the above poster says.[/quote

We did this at the start of the season, N'zog on the right and Gabby on the left, either side of Bent.

The thing is though to get Bent scoring in the 2nd half of the season, Albrighton needs to start as he's easily the best crosser at the club and I can't see him getting as many in playing on the left.

We did this at the start of the season, N'zog on the right and Gabby on the left, either side of Bent.

The thing is though to get Bent scoring in the 2nd half of the season, Albrighton needs to start as he's easily the best crosser at the club and I can't see him getting as many in playing on the left.

I'll ask again as I got ignored the last time, but since when is Darren Bent decent in the air?

One of the most depressing sights this season is watching nzogbia run with the ball.

No I saw him along with cappello and ferguson.

Comparing ash to nzogbia will be as ridiculous as your comparison on the keane thread.

Probably because :

1. He's a 10m player

The £10m is starting to look a bit silly isn't it

£1.5m player at most

nearly heard it all now.

You could argue Ashley Young wasn't worth £9.75m in his first season tbh.

Same for Downing when he joined.

Only three buys who came in straight to acheivement has been Milner, bent and Dunne, possibly Friedel as well as he started well.

Coker - took time

Collins - Took Time

Laursen - was he not injured when we bought him?

Downing - recovering from injury and as a result exceedingly average as he is now at Liverpool.

Comparing ash to nzogbia will be as ridiculous as your comparison on the keane thread.

what comparison on the Keane thread. Also never once compared Zog to Young

I remember Ash having one good game in 5 last year (and that was FOR Capello in an England shirt). I also remember him running into players, much like N'Zogbia does.... and no-one can deny the fact that he never reached the heights of his performances in his first couple of seasons.

I imagine Ferguson thought that with better players around him, and more opportunities to swing crosses in, he'd be a good asset. He's been okay for Man Utd.

I imagine N'Zogbia would be a decent player for Man Utd if he had as many opportunities to cross/ attack as Ash does as well.

thats because his mind was already in manchester, still gave it 100% but he was already gone in his mind

I'll ask again as I got ignored the last time, but since when is Darren Bent decent in the air?

He's scored a few for us....scored from a cross at West Ham last season and then a week later scored a magnificent header at home t Stoke.

He scored quite a few at Sunderland, I remember a great leap at Bolton on his Sunderland debut.

I agree he's not great from general play and flicking on long hoofs from Collins but get enough crosses in and Bent will eventually flick one in.

Â