Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

HELL NO!

Gerrard is a cripple now, and will retire in the next few years I think. He's a spent force, though still good I suppose. Carragher... dear lord. Never rated him, if he played for us we'd give him worse abuse than Dunne. Suarez is shattered, Copa America, World Cup year before.... Carroll, 35m for that? United paid 30m for Rooney and he scored a hat-trick on his debut. Carroll will flop I reckon. Ask a Plop fan whether they'd like to see Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso replaced by Lucas, Henderson and Adam? They'd've told you to **** right off. Worst thing is they've not spent much less than what they flogged those two for! They are still a good side, but for me, it's 6th. Spurs are a far better side man for man.

Lennon Modric Bale VdV Huddlestone etc or Shelvey, Lucas, Spearing Adam Downing and Henderson? I'd have Spurs' every time. Downing will find it tough there I reckon.

Me earlier in the thread. Looks like my call on Spurs being better man for man was *ahem* correct. :lol:

I'll stand by my prediction of 6th for them. Then again that depends on Arsenal pulling their finger out.

I'd be angry about the amount of money that's been wasted by Kenny.

"King kenny" can do no wrong according to Liverpool fans.

They are blaming the ref instead when Kenny should be blamed.

He has spent alot of money on rubbish and the liverpool board said with the money spent they want 4th place and will be disappointed if they don't.. pressure on Kenny.

post-76-012582900%201285348893.jpg

Its so true. A Plop fan at work made a £50 bet with someone that they were going to win the league this year, we all tried to get on it, but he only excepted the first bet.

I said to him they should hope for 4th at most, he looked at me as if i was stupid.

Now one by one, all the players are shit, and nothing said about "king" Kenny. I had a big argument about the Stoke game when he said the tack ticks were spot on. He rattled off stats f 70% possession and 22 shots, i just said 1-0 you lost the tack ticks were wrong. I thought his head was gonna explode.

Roy Hodgson's record in his 31 games as Liverpool manager, won 13, drawn 9, lost 9.

Kenny Dalglish's record in his 29 games as Liverpool manager, won 14, drawn 6, lost 9.

but one of them is King Kenny so he is immune from criticism.

• 1 month later...

Were starting to look a much better team now and 4th is defo back on the agenda. Suarez is immense and hell of a player and I love the fact that everyone else hates him. Thats usually a good sign. Like Ronaldo when he was at the mancs. Everyone hated him for being a cheating greasy cock but he was a hell of a player, and that was probably why he got a lot of the stick he did.

I'm not convinced by Dalglish at all although he is doing a satisfactory job so far. I just feel some of his baffling decisions have cost us points this season and we could of been a lot closer the top and 4th if he had made more sensible decisions. His insistence to stick with Downing and Henderson when they have been garbage on the whole was particulalrly frustrating. His team sheets are mind-boggling sometimes as well and his substitutions (when he actually makes any! Again he only used 1 sub today and waited until 80 mins??). I just wonder whether he has the tactical acumen for the 21st century premier league sometimes and wonder how much tactically etc is actually done by steve clarke and kevin keene.

Still very much in the hunt for 4th which is of vital importance for us to attract more income and a higher caliber of player which we need to play around Suarez as he is out on his own at the moment and if he was to get injured I'd be very worried.

VERY disappointed with Downing so far. For the best part of £20m he has offered very little. He constantly gives the ball away and has got nowhere near enough crosses into the box often playing the ball back inside instead of whipping it in. When he has crossed it in they have often been poor. It doesn't help that he keeps getting put on the right like I suppose do.

Overall happy so far but could be so much better.

Suarez is immense and hell of a player and I love the fact that everyone else hates him. Thats usually a good sign. Like Ronaldo when he was at the mancs.

Everyone used to hate Robbie Savage as well, it didn't make him Maradona.

Thanks for the irrelevant update though.

Liverpool have looked better this season certainly, but I still can't see them finishing in Champs League places.

Great attacking options with Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt and Bellamy though. But midfield of Lucas, Henderson, Downing and Adam just isn't going to get you top 4, and their defense is not strong enough. Generally I don't think they're as good as Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal, and way behind City and Utd.

You'd put Arsenal ahead of Chelsea and Spurs? Interesting..

Spurs have already beaten them comfortably this season. I think Adabeyor gives them a new dimension, like they had with Crouch only far better, which I think has pushed Spurs to above Liverpool now.

Chelsea have hit a rut but they're still an excellent team.

Liverpool have some good players, but as a whole team I just can't see them lasting the whole season, especially when they have a few bad results and the whole 'King Kenny can do no wrong' wears off.

Suarez is a very good player but his finishing is very poor. He missed the target from 6 yards out yesterday and this happens very often. think he had 11 attempts last weekend and most by a player since Ronaldo without scoring

• 3 weeks later...