Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

I actually thought he had 2 legitimate penalty shouts....that said, he does lay in on pretty thick with the histrionics...great **** player though. The perfect player to make them forget about Torres. Not that they're missing much anyway....

Scousers get really pissed off if you say Suarez will be going to a big club like City or Chelsea in January :D.

Such biters

Far likelier that he will start whining and pining for a transfer to Barcelona in a few years' time. It seems to be always that way with Spanish speakers.

That doesn't cover the players coming in. I also guess it could be in terms of the overall contracts rather than just a year?

Key Anfield departures: Raul Meireles (Chelsea) £12m, David Ngog (Bolton Wanderers) £4m, Paul Konchesky (Leicester City) £1.5m, Daniel Ayala (Norwich City) £800,000, Gerardo Bruna (Blackpool) £750,000,Joe Cole (Lille) loan, Emiliano Insua (Sporting Lisbon) undisclosed, Chris Mavinga (Rennes) undisclosed, Sotirios Kyrgiakos (Wolfsburg) undisclosed, Christian Poulsen (Evian) undisclosed, Alberto Aquilani (AC Milan) undisclosed, Milan Jovanovic (Anderlecht) undisclosed, Tom Ince (Blackpool) undisclosed, Nabil El Zhar (Levante) undisclosed.

There is no way that is £600,000 a week of wages. (Joe Cole is still being paid £50k ish by Liverpool by the way for the season)

so even one of the top earners on that list isn't properly off wage bill.

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpools last 7 Premier League game have seen them win 2, drew 1, lost 4. Other than Suarez, all their new signings look as effective as N'Zogbia. Let's be honest here, Spurs **** ripped them apart. I don't see top 4 for them ATM.

Agree.

Regardless of Kenny's vision for the future, I think Liverpool have wasted their shot at the league. They've had over £100m to spend over the past 2 transfer windows, yet they turn up at White Hart Lane with a midfield of Downing, Lucas, Adam and Henderson. They are a poor side and will be battling with Arsenal for 5th and 6th (at best). If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd be angry about the amount of money that's been wasted by Kenny.

At the start of the season Liverpool fans seemed to have missed the basic difference between top players and top prices. £35m on Carroll WTF?, £20m on Downing WTF? £20m on Henderson WTF? There is about £30m of talent there and £45m of wasted money. I'm glad they have been punished for being so shite in the transfer market.

When Liverpool chucked in the initial £30m offer I was gobsmacked. To this day I'm not sure what amazed me more, the fact that Liverpool wanted to pay that money for an injury prone wife beating unproven at the top level striker or Newcastle for rejecting it.

You're right about Downing, the offer was a bit 'toppy' but within the realms of belief. Henderson is the kind of player you have a punt on at £5-8m