Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

I think Caroll is more likely to flop myself, good in the air, but other than that I'm unsure of what he does that was worth such an inflated flee.

You have seen him shoot from distance haven't you. He has an absolute rocket of a shot.

Depends on Arsenal really. For about the last 5 seasons people have predicted there demise, yet they still manage to finish in the top 4. Put it this way they wont finish top 3.
:suspect: Have you just broken Blandy's record and sat on 2 fences simultaneously? :)

Depends on Arsenal really. For about the last 5 seasons people have predicted there demise, yet they still manage to finish in the top 4. Put it this way they wont finish top 3.
:suspect: Have you just broken Blandy's record and sat on 2 fences simultaneously? :)

OK i will say no, because Arsenal were so bad last season, yet managed 68 points, Liverpool haven't beaten that in 6 out of the last 10 years, and thats since the "big 4" monopoly started. Liverpool will secure 5th comfortably though.

Arsenal were not so bad for most of it, they just had a woeful collapse after the league cup final. They went from in the running for 4 cups, assuming one would have been guaranteed ( sadly not :( ) and they were up at the top then they fell away poorly. Invest in defence and replacement for nasri / fabregas and i think they'll be a force, Gervinho to finally be the striker to bang them in a while? ( I'm banking on it for fantasy football reasons :lol: )

Paying £20m for a player doesn't make him a '£20m player'.

Adam, Downing and Henderson are decent signings, but they are not the superstars which are going to revolutionise them.

They will be up there, no doubt, but they are not as strong as the current top 4. Straight battle between them and Spurs for 5th IMO.

HELL NO!

Gerrard is a cripple now, and will retire in the next few years I think. He's a spent force, though still good I suppose. Carragher... dear lord. Never rated him, if he played for us we'd give him worse abuse than Dunne. Suarez is shattered, Copa America, World Cup year before.... Carroll, 35m for that? United paid 30m for Rooney and he scored a hat-trick on his debut. Carroll will flop I reckon. Ask a Plop fan whether they'd like to see Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso replaced by Lucas, Henderson and Adam? They'd've told you to **** right off. Worst thing is they've not spent much less than what they flogged those two for! They are still a good side, but for me, it's 6th. Spurs are a far better side man for man.

Lennon Modric Bale VdV Huddlestone etc or Shelvey, Lucas, Spearing Adam Downing and Henderson? I'd have Spurs' every time. Downing will find it tough there I reckon.

As someone said, Adam, Downing, henderson, they're us players, not some side with delusions of definite Champions League.

Oh and I don't rate Henderson one bit. 20m!?!? Properly mugged.

As someone said, Adam, Downing, henderson, they're us players, not some side with delusions of definite Champions League.

Oh and I don't rate Henderson one bit. 20m!?!? Properly mugged.

complete agreement

as i said earlier all those players would not look out of a place in a villa shirt and Downing has even played in one....

Reina and Suarez could arguably play for any top team in the world....

but the rest are average....and i include gerrard in that...hes ****

On the face of it I think they have a squad that should finish at the lower end of the top 6. And Liverpool have, as we all know, offer little in the way of a threat at the very top of the table in the last 20 years.

But... I grew up in the Dalglish era. I remember him well as a player, and as a manager. The man has phenomenal ability in both roles, and just seems to have the knack of winning things. Lots of things. During his first spell in charge (85-91) he won more than 60% of games. That's better than Fergie's record at Utd.

So on paper I reckon that squad should be 5th/6th. But with Dalglish in charge I would not be at all surprised to see them over-achieve and break into the top 3.

Made some good signings in Downing and Enrique, not so sure about Adam and Henderson although the latter will come good but the price for him was ridiculous. They'll fight it out with Arsenal probably for that fourth spot and I think Liverpool will get it in the end.

If they don't get in to the Champions League you'd think they'll be pretty **** given how much they've spent this summer.

Spurs will finish above them imo, although I'd revise that prediction if they were to go far in the Europa League.

I'd pick Spurs midfield and defence over theirs every single time. As Zatman said all they need to do is keep Modric and sign a good striker and they should be set again.

Depends on how the rest of the transfer window goes for spurs and arsenal, would be better to do vote from september 1st. But at the moment i'd back them for forth but I am sure Spurs and Arsenal will bring in a couple of players that will make them stronger.

I have 3 Liverpool players in my fantasy football team. Urgh, that's bad planning, I'm going to be half wanting them to do well.

I don't think Spurs will finish above them, I think Liverpool are pretty nailed on for 5th IMO. It all depends what happens at Arsenal.