Scientific Experiment V4#02-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager this past 31 days?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager this past 31 days?

• No
    • Yes

got us to a cup final so good enough for me ;)

so far he has said the right things, made 2 good signings and has given youngsters a chance. am not going to judge results until they are serious games

Far too early for me to vote. I certainly didnt want Mcleish here and dont think he should be based on his track record but thats by the by now. He is in charge and that was the boards decision, they'll be held accountable for that either way.

I'll give Mcleish a while before passing judgement on his performance as our manager, so far I cant say i'm impressed with amount of signings we've made but I am sure again that is down to the board. Not board bashing, just saying.

Hope that I am wrong about Mcleish and how I see things going for us under him. I'd love to be proved wrong... We'll see.

conducted himself well, brought in two players and got the team to play decent-ish football against Walsall and Blackburn. Chelsea game was a different matter but we'll see more of what's to come against Derby.

Gets a yes from me

"You can never say never but at the moment if we get N'Zogbia, which is looking good, then it's unlikely we will do anything unless there's more trading with the players we already have in the squad".

This comment really wound me up last week. 13 players leave, 5 from the senior squad, 4 from the starting 11 and he intends to replace them all with just 2! I'm no MENSA candidate, but even I can see that doesn't add up. No for me.

Yes he did meet my approval as he seems to be bringing the squad together like MON did and lifting the malaise around the club we saw with Houllier in charge. He's made two very good signings and I think he'll go on to be a good appointment, but its a little too early to say. Lets see where we are at the end of August.

Hasn't done anything to meet with my disapproval. Two very good signings, has managed to bring outcasts back into the fold in Ireland and Warnock. Defence no longer looks clueless defending set pieces.

Agreed, and I like his honesty too. Are you listneing General K?

I was against his appointment in the first place so its still a no from me. Will be better judging him after the premier league has started and I can only go on the two performaces against Blackburn and Chelsea that I have seen and I thought they were both shite if I'm honest.

I still need convincing

I'm happy with Alex McLeish, unhappy with the board. Back him, like you said you would. He's done as well as I can expect him too. He needs backing in the market because it looks like he might play players in the right positions, not alienate his players, and, tells it like it is.

BACK HIM IN THE TRANSFER MARKET, BOARD!!

Whether he was my first, fifth or five hundredth choice for the managers job is neither here nor there now. I'll judge him on the job he does as Aston Villa manager now. With that in mind and whilst accepting in terms of games there is very little to judge him on what he has had to do on the whole he has done well. Two very good signings, at this stage he seems to have pulled the squad back together and given those that the previous manager alienated a chance, and he has come across well in interviews speaking highly of the club and is straight as a dye.

For the above reasons he gets a yes from me. Lets all hope that when we get down to the serious stuff in a couple of weeks that more often than not these polls result in an overwhelming yes vote.

Whether he was my first, fifth or five hundredth choice for the managers job is neither here nor there now. I'll judge him on the job he does as Aston Villa manager now. With that in mind and whilst accepting in terms of games there is very little to judge him on what he has had to do on the whole he has done well. Two very good signings, at this stage he seems to have pulled the squad back together and given those that the previous manager alienated a chance, and he has come across well in interviews speaking highly of the club and is straight as a dye.

For the above reasons he gets a yes from me. Lets all hope that when we get down to the serious stuff in a couple of weeks that more often than not these polls result in an overwhelming yes vote.

Agree with this

2 great signings for a low price. plus got n'zogbia on a 5 year contract.

has shown respect to Villa, and will hopefully be able to motivate our players.

i couldnt care less what club's he has managed, as long as he does a good job here

i blame lerner, not mcleish, for not providing us with funds to buy a proper CM (which is going to ruin Villa's chances of a decent position this year)

yes so far from me

"You can never say never but at the moment if we get N'Zogbia, which is looking good, then it's unlikely we will do anything unless there's more trading with the players we already have in the squad".

This comment really wound me up last week. 13 players leave, 5 from the senior squad, 4 from the starting 11 and he intends to replace them all with just 2! I'm no MENSA candidate, but even I can see that doesn't add up. No for me.

He's only following the Board's policy. Has done well to get N'Zogbia when, as we now know, Everton were trying to raise the money for him

Â