Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Why shouldn't we get too excited? The same reason we shouldn't get too depressed. Swansea put in a good shift against a very good Spuds side yesterday and got a point. Of they take a point against us, some of the members if this board will go into emotional meltdown.

The emotional stability of some of the members of this site often looks like I am reading a message board for a crack cocaine rehab clinic.

Lets be pleased with what looks like a good young player and hope he can fulfil the potential some have lumped on him before he even took to the field. But for ****'s sake, don't call him world class just yet.

And don't say his 12 regulation minutes on the pitch was better than anything his brother has EVER done, his brother has racked up a value of nearly £10m over his last two transfers...

We really do get over excited don't we about our youngsters?

Quite rightly so.. because as the commentator on Sky yesterday remarked (can't remember his name used to play for West Ham & he's one of the best cos he's always fair and complimentary about Villa when it's due)

We've bucked the trend and not been afraid to blood our academy youngsters and turn them into regular Premiership players like Bannan, Albrighton, Clark and Gabby instead of buying elsewhere.

We had 5 academy players out on show yesterday, so what's not to be proud of?

Tony Gale and yes he maded a valid point was very good to see.

Having watched Gary develop both physically and technically through the Academy and reserves, I believe that he will be a very good player .... perhaps even great. We need to give him time and space to get used to the pace and quality of the Premiership. Let's not jump on every mistimed tackle like we did with Albrighton and Delph.

With patience we could see a good crop of youngsters become valuable first team Villans. UTV!!!!

We really do get over excited don't we about our youngsters?

Quite rightly so.. because as the commentator on Sky yesterday remarked (can't remember his name used to play for West Ham & he's one of the best cos he's always fair and complimentary about Villa when it's due)

We've bucked the trend and not been afraid to blood our academy youngsters and turn them into regular Premiership players like Bannan, Albrighton, Clark and Gabby instead of buying elsewhere.

We had 5 academy players out on show yesterday, so what's not to be proud of?

We should be proud and I tell you what, when someone a youngster puts in a performance, rightly so we are excited.

However to label a 12-13 minute performance where that player touched the ball rarely a 'brilliant performance' is just insane. It was brilliant to see him get on the bench and make his debut.

To another post below, I'm also delighted to see biggest youth prospect make his debut, in fact I tell a lot of people that don't support Villa that he is the one to watch.

I am just pointing out it's stupid to call his debut a brilliant performance and a 'great debut' ... clearly it's wrong. unless the definition of brilliant has changed.

that player touched the ball rarely
Don't disagree with your general point but it is exaggeratiing in the opposite direction to say he "rarely" touched the ball. From where I was sitting he did all that was asked of him and looked very composed. Had 2 or 3 passes, a couple of tackles and a shot on goal. Not bad for his first 12 minute appearance, although, as you say, not worthy of some of the hype on here.

Very happy for Gary to get his debut today. Used his magical powers to control the minds of the Chelsea defenders, allow Petrov and Bent to score.

He's got magic powers

He's got magic pooooooowers

That Gary Gardner

He's got magic powers

I have him on the back of this seasons away. Looked good when he came on, didn't look liked he was out of place or any worse that any of our other midfielders and slotted in well! I wish his shot had of gone in.

Ahead of Bannan at the minute it would seem too!

Thought he looked really nervous when he came on yesterday, and I was proved right when he gave the ball away a couple times. He should what he could do with that run and shot though tbf. I'm not going to reserve judgement on the lad after 10 mins against Bristol Rovers though, i'd like to see a few more of these cameos in the prem league and maybe a start against Leeds if they were to shock Arsenal.

Â