Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

as others have said, when Delph had the same number of 1st team and on load appearances as Gardner he was also being written off.

With first team games, and if he can stay injury free, he can still become a decent player.

think people do forget Delph failed loan spell at Leeds

as others have said, when Delph had the same number of 1st team and on load appearances as Gardner he was also being written off.

With first team games, and if he can stay injury free, he can still become a decent player.

But Gardner hasn't shown anything at all, at least we knew Delph could do it in the first team at a club in league one. Gardner, going by what Brighton fans say, seems lost. I think the two years he has lost through injuries have cost him his career at the highest level unfortunately.

But Gardner hasn't shown anything at all, at least we knew Delph could do it in the first team at a club in league one. Gardner, going by what Brighton fans say, seems lost. I think the two years he has lost through injuries have cost him his career at the highest level unfortunately.

Or perhaps just been over-hyped, and was never really going to make it.

If the likes of Clarke and Hutton , or even Delph for that matter , can defy the " fickle " , then so can Gardner .

I do love when fans bring out the fickle argument. Football is a results game, the moment a fan bemoans a loss or nine, he is fickle.

Brilliant.

If the likes of Clarke and Hutton , or even Delph for that matter , can defy the " fickle " , then so can Gardner .

I do love when fans bring out the fickle argument. Football is a results game, the moment a fan bemoans a loss or nine, he is fickle.

Brilliant.

That cap fits perfectly .

Another over hyped under deliverer

A bit harsh. He recovered well from a serious injury had set him back and then showed some encouraging signs that he might still make the grade. Then he had another horrendous injury and it has taken it's toll.

Plus wasn't that long ago he was playing and scoring for the England U21's.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing he has returned from Brighton , nothing would please me more than seeing him get a chance to reginite the spark , that once promised so much .

Totally this, if there is any chance left that he can do it we should give him that chance. We've stuck by him for years and brought him on since he was a kid. What would be the point in not giving him another go?

I'm hearing he has returned from Brighton , nothing would please me more than seeing him get a chance to reginite the spark , that once promised so much .

Was not in Brightons squad for the game against Fulham on Monday, either were Bent but think he's injured.

Regardless of his loan move and getting some playing time, I (unfortunately) do not see what Gardner will bring to the first team.

I just do not think he will ever be good enough.

What the hell does half the team bring to the starting XI? I'd say give him a chance. If he blows it, then at least we can say he was given a fair shot. A lot of times players step up their game for the occasion. Delph was quite bad for years and it wasn't until Lambert played him for 5+ matches in a row when Delph started to gain confidence and grow as a footballer. Sometimes that is what it takes. Gotta risk it. 

I would give him a couple of appearances if the time calls for it, sub appearances here and there.

It wouldn't be the first time a player hasn't done it at a club on loan but delivered in a better team...but really I don't think it is going to happen for him here.

Regardless of his loan move and getting some playing time, I (unfortunately) do not see what Gardner will bring to the first team.

I just do not think he will ever be good enough.

What the hell does half the team bring to the starting XI? I'd say give him a chance. If he blows it, then at least we can say he was given a fair shot. A lot of times players step up their game for the occasion. Delph was quite bad for years and it wasn't until Lambert played him for 5+ matches in a row when Delph started to gain confidence and grow as a footballer. Sometimes that is what it takes. Gotta risk it. 

From what I've seen, he's nowhere near the starting XI - right now.

He isn't good enough and is not as good as the rest of the midfield we currently have. I don't think he is physically strong enough for the rigors of the Premier League (I know he's had two serious injuries)

I accept what you say about Delph but we saw the potential in Delph at his Leeds days. Gary showed he was a good player amongst his age range.

I'd love Gardner to prove me wrong and establish himself but unfortunately I just cannot see it happening.

• 2 weeks later...
Â