Blackburn friendly match ratings (Merged)

brummybloke

Woeful performance against a desperately poor Blackburn. Young players aren't up to it and today should show this to anyone who feels differently.

We are severely lacking in any real quality which needs to be addressed before the season starts!

So I guess by todays performance Collins is a world class defender?

NO!!! But he was rock Solid, "Did you watch the match?" Collins,Dunne,Warnock and Young played like we used to for Mon, Blackburn played shite, Villa had the edge in playing a team we always seem to get the better off.

Did Gardner get on...?

No he's not in HK in Columbia with England squad for U20 World Cup along with Nathan Baker.

There's a video with the players dancing with lady policewomen welcoming at the airport! ... Bizarre!

Woeful performance against a desperately poor Blackburn. Young players aren't up to it and today should show this to anyone who feels differently.

We are severely lacking in any real quality which needs to be addressed before the season starts!

So I guess by todays performance Collins is a world class defender?

NO!!! But he was rock Solid, "Did you watch the match?" Collins,Dunne,Warnock and Young played like we used to for Mon, Blackburn played shite, Villa had the edge in playing a team we always seem to get the better off.

:bang: I was being ironic.

Did Gardner get on...?

No he's not in HK in Columbia with England squad for U20 World Cup along with Nathan Baker.

There's a video with the players dancing with lady policewomen welcoming at the airport! ... Bizarre!

Julie he pulled out of that squad, he was on the bench :)

Bannan - 5 - Bad day at the office? Didn't seem to get all that involved.

Petrov - 7 - Better than average performance, hopefully more like this

Gabby - 7 - Made some nice runs/dribbles, worked hard.

Subs:

Delfouneso - 4 - Lazy!! Going to have to pull socks up!!

WTF?

Bannan was the centre of every thing we created in attack in the first half and put in a pinpoint cross for Bent's goal.

Petrov had a mare. Always passing backwards and slowing up play to our detriment. Made one decent long pass through the middel and fired straight into the keepers bread basket when it would have been easier to score.

Gabby ran around alot like a headless chicken. Failed to anticipate passes ahead of him often and got disposed every time he tried to run at defence.

Delfouneso did stepovers and got past his man into the box and should of shot but passed back but next time ran it defence let loose a powerful shot that the keeper had to parry and should of been converted in the follow up. He got a shot on target in the 30 mins he was on, 1 more than Gabby in 90 IIRC. Give me lazy that shoots than dumb that runs around liek headless chicken and achieves nothing.

Have to remember McLeish is still experimenting with the squad up to a point and seeing who fits where within his vision. That said, it appears he has decided on his preferred back 4 for the season and appears to be giving them as much time to gel with Given as possible. Although there wasn't many corners & FKs I thought we dealt with all balls into the box very well. We usually get bullied in the box by Blackburn but I thought Given organised them well and also showed a willingness to come out for crosses which was nice.

Given's save from that shot by Emerton was sublime.

Wow...the polarity of opinions always amazes me!

Petrov 'having a mare' would be considered harsh by his biggest critics. I though he was very good, as was Makoun. I think we lacked some natural width (insert lame gag here), with 2 unnatural 'wide players' on the flanks. Alby and N'Zog will fix this if we choose to play that sort of game. But i think AM's tactics were spot on...we outplayed Blackburn through a possession game, and should have won easily.

On another note, it was brilliant to watch a game in 'prime time' (8pm) rather than 2am.

Given - 8 - Stunning saves, hasn't missed a beat.

Young - 6 - Literally nothing to do.

Collins - 8 - He looked a nutter with the smile he gives after some tackles/blocks hi makes, brilliant.

Dunne - 7 - Nice to see Dunney pass about a bit more.

Warnock - 9 - THATS why we signed him, the tackle on David Dunn was beautiful nearly broke Dunn's neck (Anyone got a YouTube clip for this?)

Bannan - 7 - Showed what he can do again made some intelligent little passes.

Makoun - 6 - Shame we didn't see more of him likes the simple pass and does it well.

Petrov - 7 - Put in a shift and showed a little skill..just don't shoot anymore.

Heskey - 8 - Again really committed shift, set up Bannan for the cross leading to Bents goal, looks like he's lost weight.

Gabby - 7 - Lively again like to see him and Paulo Ferreirra please Chelsea, so I know Paulo will get battered.

Bent - 8 - Does what we paid for, best finisher in the country.

Subs:

Delfouneso - 6 - He needs the killer instinct that Bent has, once he gets that, he'll be great.

Delph - 7 - 3 tackles 3 seconds, that is all.

Albrighton - 6 - Wish we saw more of him, great when he came on.

Clark - 5 - Taken back by the heat, sloppy ball, but we've seen better from him.

On another note, it was brilliant to watch a game in 'prime time' (8pm) rather than 2am.

True that! 10PM here few colds ones. Nice

haha Kiwi Isn't everything is bloody cold over there, mate?

I agree though actually watching a game (6pm Perth) not trying to stay awake was great.

Average game but in difficult conditions.

-I thought Bannan did fairly well, though wing is not the place for him.

-As someone mentioned, Makoun was great at showing for the ball and keeping it moving when playing it out of defense, with some nice passes forward as well. Nothing spectacular, so his contributions aren't noticed as easily.

-Delph looked really good. A totally different style than Makoun of getting the ball forward when under a little pressure: He can carry it out himself. This is something Villa have been missing and will be a great asset. it would be great if Delph and Makoun could be on the pitch together, but don't know that they can keep hold of the ball with an opponent riding them as Petrov does so well.

-Thought Delfouneso did well also, except when he lost the ball trying to dribble out of his own half. He's the only attacker who seems inclined and able to go directly at a defender and beat him. He created space for himself nicely a couple of times. In one case I remember he got in good shooting position and unleashed a powerful strike that was blocked in the box.

-Clark looked completely out of his depth. I've never understood the lovefest with him last season. Filled in well for a newbie last year but hasn't convinced me he will be a star.

Quite astonished by some of the comments on here? Actually, no Im not, its Villa talk where utter bollocks roams!!

Heskey - 4?? The most ridiculous rating ever and clearly just a dig at Emile, who had a really good game and worked his bollocks off.

Bannan - Bad day at the office?? What?? Our most inventive player by far. A few wayward passes but plenty of good ones too including some really nice reverse balls in the first half. Amazing how we say Bent does naff all but score and we give him 8 (call him a hero etc), but then we claim Bannan did naff all bar set up the goal with a peach of a cross and we say he has a bad day??

Thought we were really really good. The defence was outstanding and to say it was a friendly look like they would run through brick walls for Mcliesh. Sky kept referencing Mcliesh spending half n hour with the back four on his own the day before, so something clearly worked.

We kept the ball really well. Tired in the2nd half but over and over again we strung 4,5, 6 even 7 passes together.

Lacked a bit of creativity which I think Ireland and Nzogbia will help with but overall, really optimistic especially about Mcliesh's attitude he seemed to really want to win.

-Delph looked really good. A totally different style than Makoun of getting the ball forward when under a little pressure: He can carry it out himself. This is something Villa have been missing and will be a great asset. it would be great if Delph and Makoun could be on the pitch together, but don't know that they can keep hold of the ball with an opponent riding them

:shock:

Quite astonished by some of the comments on here? Actually, no Im not, its Villa talk where utter bollocks roams!!

Heskey - 4?? The most ridiculous rating ever and clearly just a dig at Emile, who had a really good game and worked his bollocks off.

So where are your rankings? Are you just here to snipe at other peoples posts?

So where are your rankings? Are you just here to snipe at other peoples posts?

Not at all - Im here to have an opinion. And my opinion is clearly demonstrated in my post - the majority of which hasn't been quoted by yourself.

If you want me to list ratings as well, then thats fine, I will do, but I wasn't aware it was an absolute necessity?

Bannan - Bad day at the office?? What?? Our most inventive player by far. A few wayward passes but plenty of good ones too including some really nice reverse balls in the first half. Amazing how we say Bent does naff all but score and we give him 8 (call him a hero etc), but then we claim Bannan did naff all bar set up the goal with a peach of a cross and we say he has a bad day??

Thought we were really really good. The defence was outstanding and to say it was a friendly look like they would run through brick walls for Mcliesh. Sky kept referencing Mcliesh spending half n hour with the back four on his own the day before, so something clearly worked.

We kept the ball really well. Tired in the2nd half but over and over again we strung 4,5, 6 even 7 passes together.

Lacked a bit of creativity which I think Ireland and Nzogbia will help with but overall, really optimistic especially about Mcliesh's attitude he seemed to really want to win.

Totally agree with this

Totally agree with this

+2

Â