Scientific Experiment V1#1 R.Lerner/ Board Approval Ratings

jackbauer24

Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?

• Disapprove
    • Approve

The stadium's name is Villa Park. We have always played there. (In before the 'played at Aston Lower Grounds'...you know what I mean). So yes, it is important that we still have some dignity and don't play at the Aston Twitter Soccerbowl.

CI, your positive posts continue to inspire me!

Totally agree mate! We could change the name to something else for £200m and we would still not be guaranteed to get into the top 4 because, according to the General, big name foreign players don't want to come to play in Birmingham!

Keep our tradition and let's try the hard way. At least we'll have earnt it if we do get there!

Although im naturally sympathetic to this opinion, i am also sympathetic to the Corner Shop and Milk being delivered to my Door :winkold:

Sometimes we have to leave sentiment (and sadly) tradition to one side, if we are not going to run the risk of being swallowed up by bigger and progressive competitors.

Lets be honest here, if the Ground was called something else, it would will be still known to everyone on here as Villa Park, and Randy would have more Cash to either spend or put in his back pocket!

Besides, you could always incorperate the sponsers name around Villa Park, especially if the development plans included the land owned by us, surrounding the ground.

Something like the Disney World stadium at Villa Park? :lol:

Quite frankly, i want my club competing at the top and not fighting it out with the Boltons of this world. Ive been lucky enough to witness our greatest triumphs, and i want myself and those to young to remember, to witness them again.

If a silly little name can give us some extra revenue to do that, then bring it on!!!!!

I agree with you exactly.

You now comparing McLeish with Ferguson now? And us to Man U?

Wow - the extremes ppl will go to to play devils advocate to shite - amazing

Dont talk utter bloody rubbish , jesus people here are - oh forget it.

Now children , lets spell this out shall we.

But remember, we are talking Narnia land here because it is July 23rd, and the transfer window shuts on Aug 31st so who knows who we shall buy, what we will spend, and who we will sell until that date - but to clarify the situation on here so everyone with an IQ of 0.1 can get it.

Most the S136 patients with suicidal markers on here seem to think that our manager is a puppet, who will say "Yes Mr Lerner, you sell anybody you want and pocket the money , coz I am just here to say yes, let you sell the squad, pocket the money and I will make do with what I have"

These people then quote "See Liverpool for a board that has ambition"

Yet I point out that this Liverpool board have bought about 60m worth of players this year. however, they have sold Torres for 50m , Babbel for whatever, and many other players - meaning they have actually sold more than they have bought.

I also point out that Man U for the past few seasons have sold more than they have bought.

And for the record, I think (although I am not going to check) that Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and many others are the same. In fact, without checking I would hazard a guess the only two clubs who have spent more money than they have bought in are Spurs and Man City.

So maybe, just maybe,

a) Even if it is the case, every club is the same as us - it is not Randy fleecing us - it is business - I have had to cut back this year - I had to give up Sky Sports coz I couldn'tafford it (and now I can I have got it back) and maybe football clubs are in the same boat.

or

B) Why dont we just wait and see until Sept 1st to see how much we actually do spend shall we. I presume if on Aug 30th , we have bought Gary Cahill for 15m, Scott Parker for 7m , NZogbia for 10m , Given for 3m , Der Hammer on a free, resigned NRC for the squad, Vargas for whatever it is.................................... it will have been a poor window coz we only bought Given in for the Walsall game.

oh and just for you people out there who can't work out sarcasm - I am not saying we will sign these - the point is "Lets just wait and see shall we" before making judgement.

Such a poor post - Did you even read his post?

Hes saying that, whilst were all moaning that were selling more than we are buying, one of the most succesful clubs in the world has been doing exactly the same over the last couple of years.

Others have too. Look at Tottenham. Do they lack (what this board refers wrongly to as) ambition?? Or is it just a sign of the times??

Erm...Didnt we just get best part of £40 million for our best players?

Yes, but we spent 30 in January!!

Oh, yes the Milner Money - 24million.

Yeah we spent that the summer before when we spent about 40m Nett IIRC.

Sometimes in business, you are able to buy things knowing that in the future you will be able to pay for them through sales.

If youve got a product thats selling, you dont wait to recoup enough money to buy some more, you have an account with the manufacturer and you buy them on a 90 day pay plan for example, knowing that over that period they will sell again, and you can pay for them. But because youve done it that way, you have been able to maximise sales.

What might have happened with Bent, is that we bought him knowing wed get some money in the summer to pay for it!!

Sometimes in business, you are able to buy things knowing that in the future you will be able to pay for them through sales.

If youve got a product thats selling, you dont wait to recoup enough money to buy some more, you have an account with the manufacturer and you buy them on a 90 day pay plan for example, knowing that over that period they will sell again, and you can pay for them. But because youve done it that way, you have been able to maximise sales.

What might have happened with Bent, is that we bought him knowing wed get some money in the summer to pay for it!!

Spoken like a true apologist for the board.

Have to wonder at times if youre not a plant by them - i mean you even tried to argue that McLeish was more succesful in Prem than Mick McCarthy few weeks back.

Spoken like a true apologist for the board.

Have to wonder at times if youre not a plant by them - i mean you even tried to argue that McLeish was more succesful in Prem than Mick McCarthy few weeks back.

Im certainly not getting into that again -

So you dont agree with that post either?

Let me make it easier for ya: -

You want a bag of sweets. they cost £1. You have no money but get paid £1 tomorrow. You borrow the money to get the sweets and agree you will use ur wages to pay the £1 back. When you get paid, you don't (if you want to have a viable business or in this case, you dont want an over hangin debt) go and buy another bag of sweets - you pay the £1 back instead

Dont talk utter bloody rubbish , jesus people here are - oh forget it.

Now children , lets spell this out shall we.

But remember, we are talking Narnia land here because it is July 23rd, and the transfer window shuts on Aug 31st so who knows who we shall buy, what we will spend, and who we will sell until that date - but to clarify the situation on here so everyone with an IQ of 0.1 can get it.

Most the S136 patients with suicidal markers on here seem to think that our manager is a puppet, who will say "Yes Mr Lerner, you sell anybody you want and pocket the money , coz I am just here to say yes, let you sell the squad, pocket the money and I will make do with what I have"

These people then quote "See Liverpool for a board that has ambition"

Yet I point out that this Liverpool board have bought about 60m worth of players this year. however, they have sold Torres for 50m , Babbel for whatever, and many other players - meaning they have actually sold more than they have bought.

I also point out that Man U for the past few seasons have sold more than they have bought.

And for the record, I think (although I am not going to check) that Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and many others are the same. In fact, without checking I would hazard a guess the only two clubs who have spent more money than they have bought in are Spurs and Man City.

So maybe, just maybe,

a) Even if it is the case, every club is the same as us - it is not Randy fleecing us - it is business - I have had to cut back this year - I had to give up Sky Sports coz I couldn'tafford it (and now I can I have got it back) and maybe football clubs are in the same boat.

or

B) Why dont we just wait and see until Sept 1st to see how much we actually do spend shall we. I presume if on Aug 30th , we have bought Gary Cahill for 15m, Scott Parker for 7m , NZogbia for 10m , Given for 3m , Der Hammer on a free, resigned NRC for the squad, Vargas for whatever it is.................................... it will have been a poor window coz we only bought Given in for the Walsall game.

oh and just for you people out there who can't work out sarcasm - I am not saying we will sign these - the point is "Lets just wait and see shall we" before making judgement.

Liverpool players Sold

Mavinga 1,000,000

Bruna 250,000

Bouzanis 0,000,000

Torres 50,000,000

Babel 5,000,000

Macherno 18,000,000

Riera 5,000,000

Benayoun 10,000,000

Simon 0,000,000

Palsson 0,000,000

Itandje 0,000,000

Plessis 0,000,000

Della Valle 0,000,000

Total: 89,250,000

Liverpool players bought

Downing 20,000,000

Doni 0,000,000

Adam 6,000,000

Henderson 20,000,000

Carroll 35,000,000

Suarez 22,800,000

Konchesky 5,000,000

Meireiles 11,500,000

Jones 2,300,000

Wilson 2,000,000

Cole 0,000,000

Shelvey 2,000,000

Poulsen 2,000,000

Total 128,600,000

Total net spend 38,350,000

so how have liverpool not invested in their squad if they have spent the guts of 40 million more than they have received in transfers?

our squad this season is weak, injuries to 1 or 2 key players and we are in a relegation battle.

i do not want Aston villa in risk of relegation.

for this reason alone i am not in favour of lerner's ownership ( I really believe he is selling this club in the next 2 years)

Thread tidied and posts questioning moderation deleted. The amount of point scoring whilst not actually debating on this and other threads at the moment beggars belief and needs to stop.

I voted no. Because, I believe that whilst he sanctioned the signing of Bent and Makoun in January, we spent nothing last summer and have spend virtually nothing this summer. We have lost talismanic players in the last three seasons even though, I recognise, they wanted to leave. We have not replaced these players as yet. Other than Darren Bent, there isn't a single player at Villa that I would be upset at losing, in other words, no more heroes any more!! As it stands, we have a weak squad, a Manager not many of us wanted and I absolutely do not feel valued by Villa at all. Generally, Lerner has spent money, but with a Manager he let have a free reign. As MON was given a free reign, we are now suffering the austerity of this with a bloke who looks like he wants to be at Villa in McLeish. Lets see the action we were promised, let's see the Manager backed, as we were bloody promised.

Why have you included players bought before the takeover?

Thanks for pointing this out - Konchesaky was bought about 2 years ago.

And, I may add - has niow been sold - but I dont see him in the sold column.

So I think we can take it that this list is drivvle then.

Approve - Lerner is the best to have happened to this club in a long time. Although AM wasnt top of my list to replace Houllier, he's should be given a chance. I'd hoped he'd have been given most of the money generated by the sales of Young and Downing, but it looks as if thats going to offset what we spent on Darren Bent. Hopefully we'll sign N'Zogbia, and get a few more in, maybe a couple of loan deals. We've got a lot of good players already, and if we can get Ireland performing like he did at City under Erikson, that'll feel like a new signing. It's a big season, if we another poor one, it'll just undo all the good work thats been done up until now, and we could end up losing more players, so I hope AM gets it right.

Approve as well, although it has been very bad 12 months. First MON left - no explanation but paid compensation (so something that RL doesn't want to go public happened). Poor season with Houllier, under McAllister good run of games secures PL for 2011-12 and Blues relegated :-). A.Young sold (we all knew this would happen), number of players released (everyone expects that we have replacements planned). Houllier replaced with McLeish (OMG moment for most, even though GH was not really wanted either). General says actions speak louder than talk. Downing sold and no replacements for our star players (Everyone unhappy including me!). Given signed, not enough. McLeish informs we are relying to our youth setup and we are strugling to sign player because of 1m difference in valuation (manager backed up?). I'm all up for us being inside the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules, but Board must take big part of the blame on our salary levels. Most of the time our actions (General!) make the board look Clueless (my view of most americans anyway). I hope our youth setup is good enough, because I have less trust in Dunne, Warnock, Ireland and Heskey to show up when the going gets tough. Anyway so far based on the 5 year time period Randy still has my support.

But if it is true like discussed in some medias that Randy has actually loaned all the money from the Lerner Trust for Villa signings and now Villa has to pay the money back, while mr. Lerner has charged Aston Villa for his "Managerial Services" my mind might change.

I approve because RL has invested a lot of his own money in to the club and we made a good attempt of breaking the top 4. Now your cant blame the board for trying to balance the books a little as the wages to turnover had become ridiculous and not sustainable. I do think they are trying to do there best with the resources available but it will be a transitional couple of years. The 5 year plan is back to Year 1 and we need to be patient again. The only alternative is a oil rich Shiek buying the club and we all know that isnt going to happen. The way I see it, it could always be worse. Look at SHA for instance!

But if it is true like discussed in some medias that Randy has actually loaned all the money from the Lerner Trust for Villa signings and now Villa has to pay the money back, while mr. Lerner has charged Aston Villa for his "Managerial Services" my mind might change.

:shock:

well they are nearly all Labour voters on here so if Randy is spending Millions and losing money he's great. If he wants to balance the books, he has no ambition, wants to sell the club, only in it for the profit etc,etc. To be honest if we had this poll 3 years ago I reckon the result would have been 99% in favour. For me he is still the best chairman in the league

Â