Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Goalie's don't really tend to command massive fees other than the odd exception here and there.

Market value what, £13M?

Market value is whatever we say. Guzan has just signed up to a nice new contract, too, so good luck gunners!

This is the cockney press simply being very disrespectful to Villa once again. It was Benteke last year and now it's Brad.

No, market value is what the market says not what we say. That would be our valuation, which I would expect to be higher this the market valuation because of how important he is to us.

Yes.  We are saying the same thing - "market value" is irrelevant as we are setting the price.  Thus, when it comes to likes of Brad, "market value" is whatever we say.

he's worth more than £20m to us Id say, brilliant keeper, one of the best we've ever had and that's no exaggeration. The amount of games he's kept us in or basically won for us is priceless. Plus he just signed a new deal in the summer, so if there's any truth in the rumour, Arsenal can do one

I'd say that's about right. Looking back I'd say only Bozzy in his pomp was as good between the sticks, but his feet were on the wrong legs when it came to kicking!

• Like 1

Arsenal have been linked with Guzan today.

Obviously, we wouldn't sell unless he tried to force it. But hypothetically, if we were to sell Guzan, what sort of fee would you think is "acceptable"?

Given that they already have a very good goalkeeper in Szczęsny who is only 23 then I assume its just media speculation and there's zero truth in it.

It's been a long time since I heard somebody refer to Szczesny as "very good". He's a clown.

• Like 2

Arsenal have been linked with Guzan today.

Obviously, we wouldn't sell unless he tried to force it. But hypothetically, if we were to sell Guzan, what sort of fee would you think is "acceptable"?

Given that they already have a very good goalkeeper in Szczęsny who is only 23 then I assume its just media speculation and there's zero truth in it.

It's been a long time since I heard somebody refer to Szczesny as "very good". He's a clown.

A very good clown. Ha.

No?

Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Guzan has played down talk linking him with a move to Arsenal saying he is happy at Villa Park.

Reports have suggested Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was weighing up a move for Guzan after being impressed by the American's performances.

The 29-year-old has established himself as a key player in Paul Lambert's side after he initially found himself released by the club in the summer of 2012.

Lambert brought Guzan back to the club after replacing Alex McLeish as manager and made him No.1 keeper in place of Shay Given.

Guzan, who signed a new four-year deal over the summer, admits he was flattered to be linked with other clubs, but is determined to stay at Villa to repay the faith shown in him by Lambert.

"Aston Villa, they've stuck by me, especially the manager, [Paul Lambert]," said Guzan.

"He's given me a chance to play consistent football in Europe. It's always nice when you're linked with other teams, but for me, I'm very happy at Aston Villa."

Villa narrowly avoided relegation last season, but they have impressed so far this term beating the likes of Arsenal and Manchester City and Guzan predicts a bright future for the Midlands outfit.

"It's a club that I think is definitely on the rise, and it's something I want to be a part of," added Guzan.

• Like 1

Going to get a start in the midweek internationals against Panama. Klinsmann said it was down to the fact that he has been in such excellent form for Villa over the past year.  :thumb:

About time. He should have started vs. Jamaica in my opinion.

Going to get a start in the midweek internationals against Panama. Klinsmann said it was down to the fact that he has been in such excellent form for Villa over the past year.  :thumb:

About time. He should have started vs. Jamaica in my opinion.

Agreed. Obvious bias aside, I think he is better than Howard. Howard is great, don't get me wrong, but he seems to always have a few clangers in him. The unfortunate thing is the gap isn't large enough between the two for Klinsmann to drop Howard, because that could risk losing senior players in the dressing room. The thing is that Guzan is such a professional, he seems to not mind and will keep working hard without moaning, waiting for his opportunity to come. 

Â