Murdoch Scum

snowychap

I bloody hope it's before the 18th June, my daughter is staying in Andrew Eidis' Flat in London the day after

Touch and go, although his work is done I guess. Is it customary for the prosecution counsel to turn up for verdict and sentencing?

I met him on Thursday night, and he seemed confident, not that he'd remember me. Respect to the name dropping though. What's the backstory?

I bloody hope it's before the 18th June, my daughter is staying in Andrew Eidis' Flat in London the day after

Touch and go, although his work is done I guess. Is it customary for the prosecution counsel to turn up for verdict and sentencing?

I met him on Thursday night, and he seemed confident, not that he'd remember me. Respect to the name dropping though. What's the backstory?

They're dating. Allegedly.

Our daughters are best friends and its become a post exam tradition, they go to the flat for the weekend.

Postal workers 'will strike' if told to deliver free Sun copies as Hillsborough anger continues

Postal workers in Lancashire are threatening to strike if they are told to deliver free copies of the Sun next week in protest against its coverage of the Hillsborough tragedy.

Union members at the Royal Mail depot in Skelmersdale, near Liverpool, have vowed to walk out if “any copies of the Sun cross the gates”.

In a statement given to the Liverpool Class Action website, they called the  newspaper "s***e".

The newspaper is delivering 22 million free World Cup editions around the country on Thursday and Friday.

The Sun is still reviled in parts of Merseyside and among Liverpool fans for its coverage of the Hillsborough disaster.

Skelmersdale has a strong association with Liverpool and workers advocating the postal strike are understood to support the long-running “Don’t Buy the Sun” campaign.

The Sun sparked outrage after the April 1989 tragedy where 96 people will killed and hundreds more injured.

Under a banner headline which read “The Truth”, the paper claimed the fatal crush at Sheffield Wednesday's ground was caused by drunken Liverpool fans.

The story claimed that some stole from the pockets of the dead and urinated on police officers trying to rescue them.

Inquiries have since concluded that Liverpool fans were not responsible for the disaster and police had released misleading statements in the wake of the tragedy.

Sally Hopkins, a spokesperson for Royal Mail, said the Sun had already chosen not to include Liverpool in the mailing.

She added: “Any individual concerns will be handled sensitively with fairness, dignity and fully respecting the views of individuals.

“Local CWU representatives and delivery office managers will work together to agree sensible and amicable solutions.”

A spokesman for the Communication Workers' Union (CWU) said an official strike had not been called and the action was being taken by a group of staff.

"It's not a strike at the moment but a divisional officer is meeting with Royal Mail to discuss it," she added.

"Some staff members were at the Hillsborough disaster and had family there and they feel very strongly about it."

Postal workers 'will strike' if told to deliver free Sun copies as Hillsborough anger continues

Postal workers in Lancashire are threatening to strike if they are told to deliver free copies of the Sun next week in protest against its coverage of the Hillsborough tragedy.

Union members at the Royal Mail depot in Skelmersdale, near Liverpool, have vowed to walk out if “any copies of the Sun cross the gates”.

In a statement given to the Liverpool Class Action website, they called the  newspaper "s***e".

The newspaper is delivering 22 million free World Cup editions around the country on Thursday and Friday.

The Sun is still reviled in parts of Merseyside and among Liverpool fans for its coverage of the Hillsborough disaster.

Skelmersdale has a strong association with Liverpool and workers advocating the postal strike are understood to support the long-running “Don’t Buy the Sun” campaign.

The Sun sparked outrage after the April 1989 tragedy where 96 people will killed and hundreds more injured.

Under a banner headline which read “The Truth”, the paper claimed the fatal crush at Sheffield Wednesday's ground was caused by drunken Liverpool fans.

The story claimed that some stole from the pockets of the dead and urinated on police officers trying to rescue them.

Inquiries have since concluded that Liverpool fans were not responsible for the disaster and police had released misleading statements in the wake of the tragedy.

Sally Hopkins, a spokesperson for Royal Mail, said the Sun had already chosen not to include Liverpool in the mailing.

She added: “Any individual concerns will be handled sensitively with fairness, dignity and fully respecting the views of individuals.

“Local CWU representatives and delivery office managers will work together to agree sensible and amicable solutions.”

A spokesman for the Communication Workers' Union (CWU) said an official strike had not been called and the action was being taken by a group of staff.

"It's not a strike at the moment but a divisional officer is meeting with Royal Mail to discuss it," she added.

"Some staff members were at the Hillsborough disaster and had family there and they feel very strongly about it."

Maybe anyone not wanting the shit that is the sun, should return it, remembering not to pay for the postage, after all why should you pay to return unwanted junk mail to it's owner.

to,

The Sun

3 Thomas More Square,

London,

E98 1XY

• Like 2

So all 3 leaders pictured holding the Sun yesterday

More proof if we needed it that Murdoch still calls the shots

Hope every postman that refused to deliver it gets disciplined though , they are paid to do a job , not be Stephen Fry ,

Hope every postman that refused to deliver it gets disciplined though , they are paid to do a job , not be Stephen Fry ,

bollocks. Some of those posties directly knew some of the victims of hillsborough. It is called having principles. Well done to them. I wish more people displayed such characteristics. Principles, and solidarity.

murdoch scum indeed. Also, shame on Ed.

• Like 1

What about the 99.9% of other stuff they deliver without a thought about its origin

What about the birthday money that posties steal on a regular basis from kids

To try and paint them as modern day heroes is a little ludicrous

Presumably when the sun demand a hefty refund on their fee paid to the post office and other clients lose confidence that their product will be delivered and use another method and redundancies follow , that will be good as well

• Like 1

bollocks. Some of those posties directly knew some of the victims of hillsborough. It is called having principles. Well done to them. I wish more people displayed such characteristics. Principles, and solidarity.

The Sun is sold in thousands of outlets in Liverpool.  There are thousands of delivery men, shop workers, petrol shop owners etc who handle it on a daily basis around Liverpool.  Load of bollocks.

It's a dangerous precedent for the postman to decide not to deliver things because he doesn't like the content or the sender.

Presumably, Jon, you endorse a postman who knew people killed in IRA bombings refusing to deliver mail from Ireland? What of a postman who blames vaccinations for making his sister autistic? Should he be allowed to not deliver vaccine information to doctors or patients?

• Like 3

The Sun is sold in thousands of outlets in Liverpool.  There are thousands of delivery men, shop workers, petrol shop owners etc who handle it on a daily basis around Liverpool.  Load of bollocks.

You won't find many, trust me. Major supermarkets aside very few shops stock it and even the supermarkets return 95% of daily stock. News Corp even admit their sales on Merseyside are pathetically small

It is however printed in Kirkby, so you point does have some validity

Presumably, Jon, you endorse a postman who knew people killed in IRA bombings refusing to deliver mail from Ireland?

This is a shit analogy. Ireland did not blow up anyone.

Doesn't mean that it couldn't be triggering...

You won't find many, trust me. Major supermarkets aside very few shops stock it and even the supermarkets return 95% of daily stock. News Corp even admit their sales on Merseyside are pathetically small

It is however printed in Kirkby, so you point does have some validity

Well I won't pretend to know Liverpool as well as you, but I know Skem, St Helens and the surrounding areas pretty well, and it's sold widely round there.  Although having lived in Upholland, I'm surprised anybody from Skelmersdale can read well enough to tell one newspaper from another in any case.

• Like 1

Well I won't pretend to know Liverpool as well as you, but I know Skem, St Helens and the surrounding areas pretty well, and it's sold widely round there.  Although having lived in Upholland, I'm surprised anybody from Skelmersdale can read well enough to tell one newspaper from another in any case.

You answered why in the second sentence. Lets be honest most of them only care about where their next pie is coming from and an imitation of chasing eggs

• 2 weeks later...
Â