Murdoch Scum

snowychap

Pretty basic stuff in her line of work. Like a surgeon claiming not to know you can't nick the odd kidney or two to sell on the side, or a kitchen assistant not understanding that you can't shit in the soup. But her role was Editor, which you imagine requires a certain basic level of knowledge and understanding. Though perhaps not on the papers she worked for, right enough...

What is she, a moron?

Rhetorical question

Ignorance of the law is no defense, or so we are often told, maybe it is though if you have the right friends
With Blair , Brown and Cameron on her list of friends the only one from recent times missing is Clegg ... Supposedly because she never bothered to return his calls

Brooks is just making anything up to try and escape prison

Pretty much. We'd all do the same.

Not that I'd do what she did in the first place mind, but I don't knock her for trying to worm her way out of it.

To be honest, what good is prison going to do now anyway? She's had her life ruined, lord knows this enquiry/trial has gone on a while. As long as she's banned from profiting from this, seems enough to me.

Brooks is just making anything up to try and escape prison

Pretty much. We'd all do the same.

Not that I'd do what she did in the first place mind, but I don't knock her for trying to worm her way out of it.

To be honest, what good is prison going to do now anyway? She's had her life ruined, lord knows this enquiry/trial has gone on a while. As long as she's banned from profiting from this, seems enough to me.

I don't imagine anyone thinks prison will do her any good. That's not the point. For the moneyed, chattering classes, prison is a bigger deterrent than for people with more impoverished lives.

Like the bankers, imprisoning a few of the main miscreants and confiscating their wealth will do more to raise standards to the level of "just about acceptable" than anything else.

So never mind her. It's now all about "pour encourager les autres".

Next stop, the police. Some time later, war criminal Blair. It would be nice to arraign them all at the same time, but it's just not practical.

• Like 1

Her career in this country certainly is. Still, 12 million quid should soften the blow a little.

She really was quite literally the Murdoch family whore, how does this trial affect that job?

Her career in this country certainly is. Still, 12 million quid should soften the blow a little.

She really was quite literally the Murdoch family whore, how does this trial affect that job?

You're right, her next post will probably be as Rupert's fluffer.

Fair enough fellas, I've obviously not been paying close enough attention.

Her life as it was is over though no? Her career in this country certainly is. Still, 12 million quid should soften the blow a little.

She'll land a job with FOX News within the year

Fair enough fellas, I've obviously not been paying close enough attention.

Her life as it was is over though no? Her career in this country certainly is. Still, 12 million quid should soften the blow a little.

She'll land a job with FOX News within the year

She can do it from Jail?

Â