Murdoch Scum

snowychap

I followed the trial and I think justice has been done.

The difference between the two was the tape of Blunkett being hacked. It was basically a bloody knife with fingerprints on it. Everything else from the hiring of those who had already pleaded guilty and their wages being signed off all lead clearly back to Coulson. I wonder if he will now have a trip north of the border to face more charges there.

The jury decided the evidence against Brooks could not prove her guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. It lacked the killer piece of evidence (most of it disappeared without explanation).

That would make sense and I'd rather the doubt mean that Brooks didn't go down (perhaps badly phrased), much though I loathe her.

As for the political side of it all, I'm staggered that we allow our politicians (in this case Cameron) to stand behind such an obviously weasely used 'old-fashioned' hide of innocent until proven guilty when what we are discussing is their bloody judgement.

It's a pathetic get out and we, the public, and 'them', the media, ought to be ashamed to let them get away with it.

It was bad enough that Cameron hired him but what makes his stance worse is the inaction that followed.

The story of News Group paying Gordon Taylor a settlement broke in July 2009. This blew NI's 'One Rogue Reporter' line out of the water (after all why would a Royal correspondent be interested in the PFA Chairman's messages). What sort of leader would do nothing in this situation possibly having been lied to in person?

Cameron's view at the time was:

Guardian

However, a spokeswoman for Cameron said the Tory leader was "very relaxed about the story".

Coulson did not resign until 2011.

• Like 1

It was bad enough that Cameron hired him but what makes his stance worse is the inaction that followed.

The story of News Group paying Gordon Taylor a settlement broke in July 2009. This blew NI's 'One Rogue Reporter' line out of the water (after all why would a Royal correspondent be interested in the PFA Chairman's messages). What sort of leader would do nothing in this situation possibly having been lied to in person?

Cameron's view at the time was:

Guardian

However, a spokeswoman for Cameron said the Tory leader was "very relaxed about the story".

Coulson did not resign until 2011.

If we learnt anything from New Labour it's that you have to resign at least twice before anyone questions your judgement at being hired :)
  • Like 1

Well, I formed the view that Rebekah paid the police for stories when she was shown addressing a House of Commons Committee and saying "Yeah, we pay the police for stories" (I paraphrase).

Today I have learnt that I drew a totally false impression from her evidence, and she never paid them at all. Silly me.

She is restored in my estimation as a person whose sincerity, integrity, professionalism, honesty, and love for children, small furry animals, and nice older people (though not necessarily the ones who soil themselves) is utterly beyond reproach. Glad we can put that one to bed, as they say in the Cotswolds over their country suppers.

• Like 2

Well, I formed the view that Rebekah paid the police for stories when she was shown addressing a House of Commons Committee and saying "Yeah, we pay the police for stories" (I paraphrase).

Today I have learnt that I drew a totally false impression from her evidence, and she never paid them at all. Silly me.

She is restored in my estimation as a person whose sincerity, integrity, professionalism, honesty, and love for children, small furry animals, and nice older people (though not necessarily the ones who soil themselves) is utterly beyond reproach. Glad we can put that one to bed, as they say in the Cotswolds over their country suppers.

As you believe flight mh370 was kidnapped by the yanks and flown to Diego Garcia you must have a good conspiracy theory as to how a jury found her not guilty ?

As you believe flight mh370 was kidnapped by the yanks and flown to Diego Garcia you must have a good conspiracy theory as to how a jury found her not guilty ?

Why should he 'have a conspiracy'?

That seems a pretty cheap line, Tony.

• Like 1

Why should he 'have a conspiracy'?

That seems a pretty cheap line, Tony.

A) because his post implied there was one

B) because he always has one

Tony, this is called "projection", and involves you investing someone else with thoughts or feelings which you wish they had, or possibly which you have and wish you didn't. Help is available, though less so with each passing year of Tory cuts to the health service. Get it while you can.

MH370 was probably shot down by mistake, and is highly unlikely to be where we were told.

If you want to make a connection, well yes, it's similarly unlikely that many of the things we were told about the sainted Rebekah were true either.

Is there a more obvious connection I'm missing here?

Tony, this is called "projection", and involves you investing someone else with thoughts or feelings which you wish they had, or possibly which you have and wish you didn't. Help is available, though less so with each passing year of Tory cuts to the health service. Get it while you can.

MH370 was probably shot down by mistake, and is highly unlikely to be where we were told.

If you want to make a connection, well yes, it's similarly unlikely that many of the things we were told about the sainted Rebekah were true either.

Is there a more obvious connection I'm missing here?

Think you owe me an apology snowy :)

My retsinas are fine :) he clearly played the conspiracy card

Only for those people who say that skepticism about the mainstream narrative must surely and always be 'conspiracy theory'.

You were making a cheap point about Peter and widening it to the usual 'conspiracy theory' cock by including doubt about the line that will no doubt be trotted out in the near future about Brooks actually being a lovable darling of a woman - okay, not being an utterly horrible excuse for a human being.

• Like 2

I do find it utterly astonishing that in a post-le Carre, post-Hillsborough, post-Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6, post-wmd, post-Snowden, post-just about everything we know about state lies and deception world, some people can actually think that saying "Oh, so you think there might be a CONSPIRACY!" is in some way either an argument, or something which lends credibility to their case by undermining that of their opponent.

• Like 3

My retsinas are fine :) he clearly played the conspiracy card

Only for those people who say that skepticism about the mainstream narrative must surely and always be 'conspiracy theory'.

You were making a cheap point about Peter and widening it to the usual 'conspiracy theory' cock by including doubt about the line that will no doubt be trotted out in the near future about Brooks actually being a lovable darling of a woman - okay, not being an utterly horrible excuse for a human being.

Yeah a nobbled jury sounds much more plausible ...

Btw mine wasn't the only post with cheap shots in case you hadn't noticed

I do find it utterly astonishing that in a post-le Carre, post-Hillsborough, post-Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6, post-wmd, post-Snowden, post-just about everything we know about state lies and deception world, some people can actually think that saying "Oh, so you think there might be a CONSPIRACY!" is in some way either an argument, or something which lends credibility to their case by undermining that of their opponent.

Yep your right , and Elvis is alive and working in my local chip shop , least that's what he swears ... Anyway must dash Michael Jackson has just offered to buy me a pint

'Much more plausible' than what? That she was whiter than white or that she and her minions (and any further help she/they may have had) were bloody good at getting rid of anything that may have confirmed her guilt?

A previous poster who said he followed the trial (so I'm assuming that was the details not just the dates) thought the difference was a single piece of evidence against Coulson. The inference I drew was that had the evidence not been disposed of so well then she and others might have had a more difficult case to answer (hoping that's on the right side of the line for VT!).

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

'Much more plausible' than what? That she was whiter than white or that she and her minions (and any further help she/they may have had) were bloody good at getting rid of anything that may have confirmed her guilt?

A previous poster who said he followed the trial (so I'm assuming that was the details not just the dates) thought the difference was a single piece of evidence against Coulson. The inference I drew was that had the evidence not been disposed of so well then she and others might have had a more difficult case to answer (hoping that's on the right side of the line for VT!).

jury's only act on evidence presented so in other words reached the right decision ...

It's interesting that those ( by which I mean the usual suspects ) jumping up and down with indignation here , were the same ones telling us to respect Chilcot because clearly it was correct and Blair really really didn't lie and is a nice man who is just understood

They can't have their cake and make it disappear in Diego Garcia as the saying goes

I didn't follow the case too closely in the end but all I can say is that yesterdays verdicts are pretty much what the prosecuting counsel expected they would be.

Then why did they waste tax payers money on a prosecution they knew they wouldn't win when they could have saved the tax payer money from which we could have bought a Hospital instead ( isn't everything measured in hospitals these days ? )

Â