Murdoch Scum

snowychap

Dear Ms Tiku

I act for Mrs Rebekah Brooks in her forthcoming trial before the Central Criminal Court.

I have today had my attention drawn to a piece on your website which is appearing now in the UK. The piece contains a number of false and scurrilous accusations. No prior notice was provided to me by you of an intention to publish this piece.

I have this evening referred the matter to the Attorney-General of England and Wales as publication of the piece of this nature in the UK before a trial constitutes the serious criminal offence of Contempt of Court. The matter has also been referred to the Crown Prosecution Service and the Trial Judge. No publication of any material that might prejudice a trial is allowed in the UK and the offence is punishable with a substantial sentence of imprisonment.

Please ensure and confirm that the piece is to removed immediately in order to mitigate any damage already done.

Yours sincerely,

Angus McBride

Good luck, Angus... good luck.

(one suspects that Angus is not a colonel...)

Edited by leviramsey

I was going to point out that if you click the original link, thought the page has been taken down, the title bar pretty much explains the story.  But I thought the mods would tell me off.  :)

They could get an injunction directing Google to remove the url from the database. However, under US law, Google would still be free to post the full text of the injunction, including the URLs, at Chilling Effects, as they do for copyright takedowns. Doing so might be illegal under UK law, but it's decidedly not in the US, and in such conflicts between nation-states the resolution ultimately comes down to who has more bombs.

We're seeing another Streisand Effect in action. Honestly, who gives a **** if _______ ______ ______ ______ _______, ______ _______, ___ _______ _______ (underscores added to protect limpid)?

• 2 months later...

Just saw the front page from the sun today. Just when you think they can't sink any lower they prove you wrong.

Is this the mental patient headline, when I was first told about it, I thought they had finally turned on Iain Dunce smith and were doing an expose on deaths attributed to his benefit reforms, But I soon realised my erroneous thinking, 1200 is way to low a figure to be about that. Also they used the plural not the singular of patient.

Or is is some other Scum headline I haven't seen or heard about?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I want every ounce of their personal life strewn across the papers day in, day out for this whole trial. Not because I'm interested and I certainly won't buy the papers running the stories but because I want them to feel just 1/1000th like what the people they violated felt like.

I know it's vindictive, but these people have swanned around living the life of luxury off the back of screwing some innocent people over and when found guilty they'll get some cushy prison where they can write a book so the real justice can be served now by the media, the very source they used to inflict their crime

• Like 3

Â