Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that graveyard of football mediocrity and half breeds

Makes you laugh when you consider they signed 2 players off us.

**** em. It will all come crashing down soon enough when the arabs leave

Don't think they be leaving for a while after today tbh.

Given ain't a bad buy for villa at 3.5m it's pretty good. A bit unlucky at city with injuries

I've said it before in here but i think pure talent wise he is probably the best we could get. I would prefer Foster for the age, potential, lack of injuries, but for pure talent Given is probably better.

Man city fans are really becoming more and more arrogant..some idiot commented on shay given joining us like this:

Very very sad that a talent like him is going to end up at the likes of villa. He and his talents deserve far more than that graveyard of football mediocrity and half breeds. Hopefully a half decent club/team will make a last ditch bid for him to save him this humiliation.

I think iam starting to dislike them more than liverplop and small heath

hahaha...well given there history they have a right to have arrogance....hold up got em mixed up with ManUre, sorry...what an idiot they'd be even worse than us still if some arabs didnt decide to play a human version of championship manager with them.

Is it me though or as soon as we have bad season everyone jumps on villa slagging bandwagon, top 6 for 3 seasons then a blip cos we had like 4 managers n were 'mediocrity'..I hope there owners **** off with there money n send them back where they belong.

Didnt fly with City to USA so looks like this could be happening imminently.

Yup I think it's a given that he's coming here...

...I'll get my coat.

Given "should" be okay but the shoulder injury leaves me with concerns.

Re, ManC fans? do you expect any difference? I mean they have had this type of arrogance fed to them from the red side of Manchester for years, now that they have real money they will act in the same dismissive way. It's human nature to follow like sheep, just like their pathetic copy of a Polish club's fans celebration!

From Given it will be a step up from sitting on his arse on the bench.

Man city fans are really becoming more and more arrogant..some idiot commented on shay given joining us like this:

Very very sad that a talent like him is going to end up at the likes of villa. He and his talents deserve far more than that graveyard of football mediocrity and half breeds. Hopefully a half decent club/team will make a last ditch bid for him to save him this humiliation.

I think iam starting to dislike them more than liverplop and small heath

That's an appallingly stupid comment. No basis for it whatsoever. Some of our players are from Villa, are they now half breeds? :suspect:

Most City fans I know like Villa.

Regarding Shay, he is a top class keeper. I personally think it will be the best bit of business available. Arsenal fans were getting angry that you were pursuing him and Wenger wasn't. He's top 4 caliber.

If it is true he will take a 25K a week pay cut to join us, then I for one will support him every step of the way. We need players that want to play for us and are happy to be on our team. The rest can FO and rot in hell when they realize that the grass is not always greener!!

Excited about Given. Not sure why people are too concerned with the shoulder. Downing had a broken ankle when he joined and he was our player of the year last season. Players get injured and then they recover.

Given was awesome at Newcastle for many years and I'm sure will do well for us for a couple seasons more to come. He is the best option that was available to us without doubt.

If it is true he will take a 25K a week pay cut to join us, then I for one will support him every step of the way. We need players that want to play for us and are happy to be on our team. The rest can FO and rot in hell when they realize that the grass is not always greener!!

He's from the last generation of player that by football standards know what sensible wages are. I mean when he was at Blackburn he was probably on tiny money.. He was probably on barely any more at Newcastle so he knows what it is like to have a 20-30k a week wage. While he wouldn't want to go back to that he's also one of the more likely players to meet in the middle.

If he really accepts 55k/week then 2 year deal is ok, with option on our side to extend it with one year. I hope though that this the only old person we are signing. We already have enough players closing on the retairment (Dunne, L.Young, Beye, Petrov, Heskey).