What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Ah the missus asked me to pick her up from the Lime St Station after work, she was going to be on a train that got in at 17:20, then realised that she'd have to get an earlier one as she had an off-peak return, so we arranged to kill two birds with one stone and meet in M&S to do some food shopping which we had to do anyway... excuse to go to town... does she realise what she's done...?

Oh well, first of the purchases on is this...

Ghost Power - Ghost Power. A speculative purchase based on the fact it's a Tim Gane (from that there Stereolab) project. An electronic collaboration with someone called Jeremy Novak of whom I'm unfamiliar. All intrumentals and very filmic. It's obviously steeped in 70's German electronic music but nothing like the Motorik driven Cavern of Anti-Matter. Even on first hearing I'm really liking this, lots of stereo separation with stereo sweeps from one speaker to the other and often the complete absence of any beat. Very trippy!

MjQtNjEyOS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

I was rather shocked to be able to buy this, even the Probe chaps were amazed they still had copies left (there at least one more there). Someone has already paid over the odds for it on Discogs and the cheapest one of three copies is selling at over £40

The one that has already sold on Discogs claimed it was a "Factory Sealed" copy, as you'll notice from the Obi Strip in the picture, Silva Screen don't shrink wrap their records

John Barry's score for the film The Tamarind Seed (Film 1974)

A RSD release, limited to 2000 copies worldwide

MDEtNDkyOC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I did have a sneaky look for that on a couple of left overs list, but didn’t see one.

Definitely still one available in Probe for £29.99 (but they don't do online) I can ask them to keep it for me tomorrow and pick it up at the weekend. I was their last customer of the day so it'll still be there in the morning

• Like 1

Another RSD release that I'd kind of ignored and glossed over. It was billed as Various Artists and it was original era Acid House dance tunes, now that sort of stuff can always be full of filler and shite filler

It was only on reading the sticker in the shop that I realised Various Artists actually meant various names that The Future Sound of London released records as. Every Track is FSOL and includes a mix of Stakker by Humanoid.

Definitely a nostalgia trip with the emphasis on the trip

anBlZw.jpeg

• Like 2

Ah bugger I bought another RSD record but from a different shop. Jacaranda Records because they sell more Jazz than Probe ever will, so they get a different selection of RSD titles in theory. And they do

Anyway I bought this, unisual for me because it's a live album but I don't think with this lot is matters much as it's live to tape and not through the live mixing desk or directional mics and I guess these guys pretty much record that way most of the time

Anyway, I'm a sucker for the funk and soul Booker T hammond organ type sound. I have two of their records now and I think that's probably enough

So anyway I'm at the counter and the person selling me the record says... "I've just put this on Discogs and everyone's saying it's the best pressing of this, so I hope you enjoy it!"

It's the only bloody pressing of it you daft sod, it's never been released before!

MTYtMzY4Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

Â