What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Is that it? Not 'me' enough for me to actually want it, but nowhere near enough my dislike zone for the ironic joke.  I actually own and like most of the tracks on CD1. The rest of it... <shrug> 

Yep, that’s it, all the stuff anyone could name. All the stuff I’ve probably already got across multiple CD’s and records. All the stuff that BBC think is ok to stick on a BBC4 retro music show.

The inoffensive gateway to dub.

6p a tune.

Brilliant.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, that’s it, all the stuff anyone could name. All the stuff I’ve probably already got across multiple CD’s and records. All the stuff that BBC think is ok to stick on a BBC4 retro music show.

The inoffensive gateway to dub.

6p a tune.

Brilliant.

Erm what is it called and what label. There’s a decent amount of stuff I don’t have on there to justify it’s purchase

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Erm what is it called and what label. There’s a decent amount of stuff I don’t have on there to justify it’s purchase

spacer.png

‘Ultimate collection’ is the label its now on, but essential from the Trojan bins.

£4.99 at Sister Ray up that London. Bit gutted I paid £5.99 now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Ha!

Well you can get the **** stars of TV’s Silent **** Witness ‘round my gaff but you still won’t find any Bob Dylan.

Your loss. 

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I intended a tone of humour that may not have translated to the page as well as I’d imagined when excitedly typing it out!

Haha, no problem. I totally get people not getting Dylan. And funnily enough, I don't even play his stuff particularly often - it's just that I have more of it than anything else. And that's largely because I've gone too far down the completist collector rabbit hole to stop now. 

But it's true that the Harder They Come OST is genuinely all the reggae I really need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Your loss :D

Yeah, kinda true, I expect. But life is short. I try stuff out, and it's either like it, don't like it, or meh. 

So (say) hip hop is something I genuinely cannot see any redeeming features in. It beats me what anybody sees in it. 

But reggae is like (say) metal, or trad folk, or post-rock, in that I can easily see why people like it. It's just that (with a few exceptions) I don't, particularly. I'm not missing out by not listening to it, any more than you are by not listening to The Beatles. And Dylan isn't really @chrisp65's loss, either, I was just answering facetiousness like for like. :)

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Dunno if I've posted this before. Bought a few weks back but I find myself playing it a lot

French Psyche / Dream Pop. The Third Album by Melody's Echo Chamber, Emotional Eternal

Yeah its got another of those Phenakstoscope discs in it that I can't manage to get to work

NTEtNzI5MC5qcGVn.jpeg

NjEtOTA4Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

I've been waiting for this to be released on vinyl for a while. I like Ty Segall but must admit I probably have enough of his usual fayre but this is the soundtrack to the film Whirlybrid, which I keep forgetting to watch.

I heard some of it when it was released digitally when the film came out, it had this great track with big drums on it, I knew I wanted this album as soon as I heard that track

It's also not got any of the trademark Ty guitar lines, it's not a rock record but it is full of great atmospheric pieces interspersed with the odd bit of dialogue from the film

EDIT: The track with the great drums is on side 2 - Story of the Century

MTQtMjEwMS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Â