What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

NDgtODI0NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Wire's second album, Chairs Missing from 1978. A big change from debut effort Pink Flag. This is the post, that was the punk.

Everyone says how massively important and influential Pink Flag was but this to my mind is just as important an album. A true post-punk trailblaizer

I used to have an original of this which is long gone but I was in the dreaded HMV today and this was a penny less than £18 so home it came.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I didn't even know that existed, interested

I picked it up for that one track, just so I have my own copy. But I did listen all the way through and I’ve stuck it on again today, so it’s got something about it, even though its obviously a bit basic synth.

It’s on Finders Keepers so has the inevitable two sides of rambling liner notes from Andy Votel.

• Like 1

Not out until August on vinyl and with 6 tracks less. I might buy the vinyl when it's out but the CD is out now

The next in the now legendary On-U Sound Compilation series... Pay It All Back Volume 8

New Lee Perry tracks from the Rainford sessions that were held back for this before L$P passed away. New African head Charge, New Creation Rebel (Only 40 odd years!). Never before released Andy Fairley tracks and F*** Me two new Tackhead tracks (must be at least 20 years). New Mark Stewart

There's an awful lot of recently deceased people on here aside from L$P. George Oban and Wayne Nunes, two bass players, Oban in particular is all over this album and some Andy Fairly tracks from the vaults (Failey has been deceased a considerable time now)

NzktMjk3Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

Yep, I’ve got a vol. 8 on order… apparently!

Got a DM asking if I wanted the CD whilst I waited for the vinyl! Bloody buggers, that’s pressure selling that’s what that is.

Anyhoo, Colorama, Cookie Zoo just sublime gentle song writing from the genius that is Carwyn Ellis.

spacer.png

It’s rare i go to the pub, but when I do, there’s about a 33% chance I go to this one up the road…

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Long wait to August lol

Thing is, it’s not like I’m a Pay It All Back regular, I’ve only got vol 7, but apparently I’m also going to have vol 8.

• Haha 1

Haven't played this in a while but I'm off work tomorrow, have a bottle of red opened and I'm in the right mood to play it from start to end swapping 12" to 10" and back again as I go

Godspeed You! Black Emperor – G_d's Pee At State's End!

ODUtMzgwMC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

Little Axe - Champagne and Grits (2003)

Little Axe is Skip McDonald's solo project, modern blues - On-U Sound style

Features a veritable ON-U sound alumni, LeBlanc, Wimbish, Fowler (thats tackhead), Ghetto Priest, Junior Delgado, a young Denise Sherwood and more but also outside the On-U stable is an appearance by Chris Difford, providing vocals on one track

NDMtODE5MS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Just Mustard - Heart Under
bee5275f-c86b-463a-9a28-0298b91f6135.jpg

Personally I think they're the most interesting band going at the minute and was very pleased to see this album review very strongly, even though it is quite weird and probably isn't everyone's cup of tea. 

• Thanks 1

I've played this a few times in the last couple of days. I might need more albums like this as I'm really enjoying it.

Library Music, an homage to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop and other makers of film and TV music for the BBC in the '70s

Really well put together package, the insert is a fake Radio Times style TV listings magazine which is amusing in itself

NzItNzEzOS5qcGVn.jpeg

NzMtOTg1OC5qcGVn.jpeg

49 minutes ago, bickster said:

Library Music, an homage to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop and other makers of film and TV music for the BBC in the '70s

You've maybe picked up a few on your tour of Ghost Box?

The Silva Screen Radiophonic album box is a really good purchase, if you don't mind CD?

Had a few Radiophonic CDs from over the years, but somehow avoided all these.

The extras are an eclectic mix of turds and gems, and exquisite examples of both :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

You've maybe picked up a few on your tour of Ghost Box?

yep definitely but most of my Ghost Box stuff are compilations so the theming gets a bit lost.

I've had Pye Corner Audio on my imaginary list for a while but there are others I'm now looking at on Castles In Space and seeing what else comes up from there

• Like 1

This satisfied my current mood a little bit, took me a while to remember who the artist was so I could find it. Alphabetical only works if you can remember their name :D

Mark Peters - New Routes out of Innerland

MDgtMzk5My5qcGVn.jpeg

19 hours ago, bickster said:

Strange one for you Roberto

I liked the two singles, don't know why they popped into my head recently. 

The whole album is in fact very good, so for four quid I'm happy enough 😊

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I liked the two singles, don't know why they popped into my head recently. 

The whole album is in fact very good, so for four quid I'm happy enough 😊

iirc one of them went on to be a rather big record producer but thats about the limit of what I know about them tbh

Â